Hotel Westminster
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Edouard 7(Paris)
1,106 results
All reviewsplace vendomerue de la paixduke's barjean charlesceladon restaurantbarge tripgreat locationopera houseelegant hotelthe ritzmodern amenitiesheart of parisbottle of champagneroom was largewalking distancewonderful stayan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2009

I stayed for a week in a two-bedroom suite at the Hotel Westminster with my parents who are in their 70s. We loved The Westminster. It is a small, elegant hotel, within walking distance to the Tuileries, the Louvre and L'Orangerie, etc. The service is friendly and impeccable. We made full use of the Concierge and no request was too great or too small. Le Celadon Restaurant is Michelin starred and fabulous so the room service is also great. When I went out to meet friends at night, The Duke's Bar downstairs was a lovely place for my parents to get a drink and have a bite to eat together if they weren't in the mood for a full dinner. The rooms are very comfortable, comfortable beds and pillows, with organic soaps and shampoos...great bathrooms! Every wish and every comfort was granted to make our stay as pleasant and welcoming as possible. The Westminster makes you feel like you've stepped back into a more gracious era... one where sumptuous living is an art.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Lexita
Emmanuel T, Directeur général at Hotel Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable comments in regards to your stay.

Rest assured that your feedback is very important, since it gives us a clear and constructive vision of our service.

Please accept our sincere apologies and thank you again to help us improve the quality of our service.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Westminster Hotel in Paris.

Reviewed 15 July 2009

I arrived on a Wednesday afternoon at around 4 PM only to learn that my room was not ready and there seemed to be some confusion about what to do with me in the meantime. Having said, everything was sorted out within the next 15 minutes and I was led by a lovely apprentice (handling my luggage on my own) to my tiny overpriced room. Last renovation of this room was probably done in the late 80ies. The bathroom as almost as spacious as the bedroom and has charming brown tiles, a tub where some porcellain was already missing, hairs of the cleaning service in the bath tub etc. The faucet and other appliances were also radiating a charming 80ies impression and this for 600 Euro/night if you pay list price. The rest was ok but far below the expectations I had. Of course the location is good, but there are better hotels for the same price. Other observations: Telephone in the elevator was repaired with Black Tape and this not recently. Staff was helpful but sometimes overwhelmed.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Getgerald

Reviewed 7 July 2009

I stayed at the Hotel Westminster in late April and it was beautiful, the sort of place you could photograph the lobby and the rooms as a stage set for Paris. The location also was lovely, just off the Place Vendome, near the best and most beautiful restaurants, shopping, monuments.
Problem was that while the hotel was a "super special" discount for those days, it's not a cheap place to be. The hotel staff was not particularly helpful in this regard.
The nearest street cafe/budget restaurants I found were on Place St. Honore.
It was worth it, it was beautiful, I wish I were rich and could enjoy the whole lifestyle.

Reviewed 19 June 2009

Staff was courteous. We had dinner at Celadon restaurant- great food and service.
Great location. Close to train and Roissy bus stop to airport.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank opendiner

Reviewed 9 June 2009

We booked this hotel because of its location. It is in the heart of Paris and very close to restaurants. A beatiful hotel and everyone was very nice.. BUT the room was VERY small and very aged. We could hardly fit in the room and it was very dark. I really I hope they renovate this hotel, as for the price they charge, the room was unacceptable!

• Stayed: September 2007