Hotel de Suede St. Germain
US$265
US$190
Official Site
  • Room Service
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$166
Official Site
Hotel La Manufacture(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$190
US$1,235
US$1,184
  • Pool
All reviewsquiet streetgreat locationeiffel towerrodin museumcroissantswithin walking distanceles invalidesaround the cornersafe neighborhoodhotel is locatedspacious bathroomfamily roomquiet roomfirst floorshort walkwould stay here againgreat area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This was a great hotel in a terrific location. I enjoy walking to take in the flavor of a city and this location allowed me to most of the sights in Paris. The breakfast was simple and adequate. I had a very small single room that was a good value for Paris.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jhendcpa
allali, Manager at Hotel de Suede St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comments.

We hope to welcome you again,

Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is a great hotel for the budget-minded Paris visitor who plans on riding the Metro. It is a short (less than half a mile) walk from two different Metro stops. When we checked in I led off with speaking French and the young lady there responded in English. She said, "we can continue in French if you want," but I told her that I was very glad to use English. That was a good start to our visit.

The elevator is incredibly small, but it got us to our room. The room was not big, but it was certainly big enough for two people. The bathroom seemed pretty spacious for one in a European city and it even had a full tub, which my wife appreciated after a long day of walking. We also liked the view from our room as we could see a nearby garden.

The hotel is definitely off the beaten path, though it is a reasonable walk from it to the Jardin du Luxembourg as well as the Palace des Invalides. It's also a short walk to the Musee Rodin. If I were to return to Paris I could see staying there again.

One tip - there plenty of excellent boulangeries nearby, so I would not spend the 15 euros on breakfast there. The food is overpriced, but the room is not. It is certainly not posh, but it is clean, comfortable, and fairly convenient.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jchamber73

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comments about our staff and location,

We hope to welcome you again,

Reviewed 13 May 2013

We spent 4 days in this hotel as a tourists (not a business trip). The location is very good - close to 3 metro stations and not so far from the center. The staff is very friendly and positive. We stayed in a room with a street view (not to the garden as prefer many visitors) but event this room was quiet and nice. We stayed in economy double room - it was not very big but really nice, clean and comfortable enough. Nothing was missing. The next time we visit Paris we will choose this hotel again. We are looking forward to visit one of the rooms with garden view.
We saw the garden view and it looks really nice.
One of the mornings we went for breakfast a little bit late and there was almost nothing left. So the breakfast could be better.

Room Tip: If you like sun light in the morning - ask for a room with a garden view. And go early for the breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank St K

Dear Guests,

Thank you for our comments concerning our staff and services.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay,

Reviewed 1 May 2013

This was a very nice hotel; good location, clean rooms. Disappointed with the size of the room, however. We had a quad, one double, two twin; not a lot of room to move, but we were there for only one night, so it was OK.
If you use the airport shuttle, be aware, the driver never talked to us and never asked what airline we were going to; he wanted to drop us at the wrong terminal because that was where the other family was going. He was very annoyed that he needed to make another trip to the other side of the airport to get us to our airline.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cathy D
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I enjoyed my stay here at Hotel de Suede. The staff was friendly and spoke English which was a must for me since I don't know any French. I took the economy room and as the previous reviews mentioned, it was very small. I was grateful that they put this on their website so I knew what to expect. I had the top floor and the sun shone through the sky light in the morning which I found to be pleasant. Some may find this annoying though. The bathroom was teeny tiny, I usually kept the door open when I was in it. The breakfast was not included with my stay. I was charged 13 Euros and the hot food was not kept hot and the cold food was not kept cold although it was a good variety. I would come again, but now I know to skip the breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo