Hotel de Suede St. Germain
US$330
US$305
  • Room Service
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$179
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$215
US$193
Melia.com
  • Room Service
Kyriad Hotel Paris Bercy Village(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsquiet streetgreat locationeiffel towerrodin museumcroissantswithin walking distanceles invalidesaround the cornersafe neighborhoodhotel is locatedspacious bathroomfamily roomquiet roomfirst floorshort walkwould stay here againgreat area
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is a great 3-star hotel. It is in a very quiet and safe neighborhood. The front desk staff were all very pleasant and extremely helpful. I did not eat breakfast at the hotel because there are a lot of cafés within a block or two of the hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
allali, Manager at Hotel de Suede St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hello,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

We will be glad if you follow us on our facebook page.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The rooms were small but clean, we had trouble working the AC. The staff was friendly. The location is unbeatable walking distance to many museums. Very nice area to walk around, plenty of shopping and dining to do right around that area. Very safe. Breakfast was not included but it consisted of pastries, juices, cold cuts and cheeses, it was very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AVGW
allali, Manager at Hotel de Suede St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear client,

Thank you very much for writting this nice comment.
We appreciate that you enjoyed your trip in Paris, and especially our location and our rooms.
We are also glad our breakfast reached your expectations. We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again very soon.
Concerning the AC, it only started recently when the weather got much warmer because some of our guests expected some heat in the rooms.
We apologize for the inconvenience of this trouble as we try to satisfy all our guests.

Looking forward to welcome you again,

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great position most things walkable certainly musee d'orsay and ponts des arts and louvre right on doorstep - breakfast a bit odd and different things turn up at different times. Rooms were a good size had one off the courtyard - colleagues said the door system was odd on other floors but would certainly stay again
Some receptionists were really slow so leave time but always happy to call for taxis etc

Room Tip: Only had courtyard room but they were great
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
allali, Manager at Hotel de Suede St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Client

Thank you for your review.
We are very pleased you enjoyed the location of our hotel,
It is true that you can visit main attractions of Paris from the hotel as we are located in a nice and safe area.
Indeed, rooms facing the courtyard are very nice, recently refurbished and quiet.
We are sorry to read that some receptionnists were too slow, we will take care of it.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I had booked the apartment next door to this hotel for a month. When he broke a hip near the end of our stay, I had to book a place for myself and our son who flew over to help us. The French Open was in progress, so our choices were limited. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, and , blessedly spoke English. It is very clean and the breakfast is serviceable. Like the last poster, I had the room with the staircase to the bathroom which was frightening for a woman with a husband with a broken hip! Would I book this hotel (which has a very workable location) again? In a heartbeat; just not the single with the stairway to the bath.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear valuable guest,
First of all, we would like to wish a good recover to your husband but also thank you for your very kind comment.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Suede Saint Germain.
Be sure that we would have given you a more accomodating room if we had the availibility at this very busy period of the year. The room you had was a Single Economy room which is a very small room. Unfortunately we were fully booked and couldn't give you a larger room.
However, the entire team is looking forward to seeing you again very soon for your next trip in Paris.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

At $180 US per night Hotel de Suede is a bargain for this area. The staff is very friendly and the neighborhood is quiet. Close to the metro and lots of places to eat and shop.
The room I was given (#51) was the size of a large closet with the bathroom on the 2nd floor up a steep flight of twisting stairs. The bed was a single that was 6'2" long and 3' wide. At 6' tall, either my head or my feet would touch (or boink) the head or footboard when rolling over, etc. When using the bathroom during the night, walking up and down the stairs elevated my heart rate just enough that getting back to sleep took some time. The bathroom space was incredibly cramped and I found myself having to be careful I didn't whack a knee or elbow on anything.
Unfortunately my room was also next to the elevator and I clearly heard every person who got on or off. I could also hear the machinery in the elevator shaft when any guest used it. Fortunately the use of the elevator dropped dramatically after midnight.
The friendly staff and great location are both 5 star. But I never felt like I got any real sleep. I would return to this hotel, but I would insist on a room away from the elevator.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that share a wall with the elevator shaft or are near the stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guests,

First of all, we would like to thank you for the time you spent writting us a comment.
The entire team is glad that you enjoyed the location and our dedication to make your stay as special as you were expecting.
We also thank you for announcing us that you will still choose our hotel for your next trip to Paris.
Regarding to your accomodation, let us tell you that we are sorry that you didn't get as much sleep as you needed. Be sure that we will note that for your next stay : we will keep you away from the elevator !
The room 51 is a single economy room which is very small. As we were fully booked, you probalbly did not have any other rooms left.
We would like to inform you that our lift will be renovated next year.

We hope to see you again,