“Great Location, Very Clean, Would Stay here again!!!”

Hotel de Suede St. Germain
Ranked #844 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 8 December 2010

I stayed at Hotel De Suede from December 2-5th. Our check in was great. I has asked for a room on the 1st floor upon booking and was very pleased that they accommodated us. I was pleasantly surprised how clean the room was and it was nice for my husband to have the option to open the window and smoke in the room. The room was small but compared to the 4 other hotels I stayed in throughout Europe this trip, it was comparable. After our 1st nights stay, we contacted the front desk because the people staying above us had heavy feet keeping us up all night. They immediately moved us to the top floor of the hotel. The room was even better. Much bigger and the bathroom was huge (room 64). The staff was very helpful in answering questions such as directions. The hotel is located in a great area. At night it is very quite. You are only about 2 blocks from St Germain de Pres st where there are tons of bakeries, restaurants, boutiques, banks, ects. The hotel is also perfect for walking to Norte Dame, Louvre, ST Chappell, Latin Quarters, Eiffel Tower, Arc De Triumph, Champs de Elysse, and many more great attractions. I have already recommended this place to my aunt & uncle in-laws to stay there when they visit sometime in late spring. The only thing I would have really liked is free internet but I hear this is quite uncommon in Europe.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jilly2715

Reviewed 17 November 2010

My partner and I were fortunate to have one of the refurbished rooms, which was pretty clean and had a modern looking bathroom. The room itself was a bit small, but as we were only staying for one night it was acceptable. The big problem was the door had a massive gap at the bottom (i'm talking about 2-3cm) which meant that you could hear everyone in the corridor and stairwell...not exactly ideal conditions for sleeping.

Additionally the lift wasn't working when we arrived on the Saturday, and our room was on the 5th floor. No one offered to help with the luggage, so I ended up climbing 5 floors with luggage in hand!

The location is what makes this hotel a bit better though. It's a very safe area (many embassies in the area mean there is a lot of guards around) and it is close to both the Eiffel Tower area as well as the St Germain restaurants.

We only booked for the room, and opted not to go for the extra breakfast (€30 each!!) as there are wonderful little places to have proper french breakfasts for much cheaper.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel purely on the quality of the room. If you're not bothered about the quality too much, then this is a fantastic location.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lino_matt
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. the moment I entered the room my heart sank as it was just so sad. If it had been in the olden days this is where they would've placed the most insignificant member of staff in the household... I was on the very top floor on the left as you come out of the lift. The room was minute, with the smallest bed I have ever seen. In the bathroom I could sit on the loo, wash my hands in the sink and my feet in the shower at the same time. I'm regular size thankfully because anybody with a bigger frame wouldn't fit. The handle to regulate the water to the shower was so hard I could just about manage to get the right temperature and the handle to flush the toilet was not only hard, the flush made a very loud noise when pulled so that I was almost reluctant to do it at night! The airconditioning unit had broken bits and the window frame was disgraceful.
I spoke to the person at reception immediately to see if I could change but I arrived quite late and he said the hotel was full. I asked him to check with management for the next day and he said he would, in fact he didn't, nor the day after. I mentioned it for the last time juts to make them aware that nobody had picked up on my wishes and they said that it was a normal 3 star hotel room. I stay in hotels a few times a year, always three stars due to work budgets and I can assure you this isn't a normal 3 star hotel room.
To be fair the room was clean but in serious need of refurbishment and I think people need to be warned of the size, as I said I'm a small woman and anybody bigger would find it impossible.
The breakfast was adequate and the location great.
On my last day I asked for a taxi and the man at reception said it would just take 10 minutes, 20 minutes later I asked again, the person behind the desk (another person)said it always takes the cab company ages in the morning, I waited 40 minutes together with a lady who'd booked her cab the night before and the shared. She had incidentally also complained about the standard of her room...
I see from the previous reviews that some other rooms have been refurbished, I wasn't fortunate enough to see any so I wouldn't be able to recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank Valentinani
Reviewed 8 November 2010

It is well situated and a pleasant hotel, although the Standard Room lacks space, comfort and adequate lighting to read. We would definitely stay there again, but order the next priced room.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2010

Nice spot, nothing elegant. Nice front desk - very helpful. A walk to Metro.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Nice staff, good beds, ask for back room with view on the garden. Walk to metro 7 min.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Was there on a internship for almost 3 weeks - please see pictures about the room i had! Got a room at the last floor, just a window on roof - you can see the sky but nothing else.
Toilet and services - very bad! Very old and smells like (i cannot tell). Very small, crowded, the shower cabin is reaching the toilet seat!

Breakfast... better not!

Though, the location is one of the greatest - 10 min to Eiffel tour, Invalids Dome, all great attractions. Metro near by (200m).

I would recommend the hotel but: only the first floors, that were restored and painted recently. Please ask where the reservation is made as not all the rooms are OK for stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business