“dark, dirty feeling room was too expensive”
Review of Hotel Beaugency

Hotel Beaugency
Ranked #883 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 4 May 2012

the room we got was dark and dirty feeling, not to mention extremely small (even for paris!) It was on the top floor and had a really bad view of a 2 satellite dishes and a staircase outside.
2 people couldn't stand up next to each other in the room it was so small. To walk around each other one person had to sit on the bed while the other person went by.

the rate was 150 Euro per night - we had booked a room for 3 nights in April 2012.

we disliked to room so much that we booked another hotel and had to pay for a room at both hotels the second night.

we highly recommend Hotel du Champs de Mars which is only a block away. Not only was it 115 Euro per night at the other hotel, the room was light-years cleaner, nicer and bigger.

My wife and I look back on our 1 night stay at this hotel and collectively say "ech". It should be noted we aren't picky people at all.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
3  Thank Ben P

Reviewed 2 May 2012

• Stayed: April 2012
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank JAIDEEP P
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here for my girlfriend’s birthday. The hotel is in an excellent location in the seventh arrondissement. It is a five minute walk to the Eiffel tower and 2 minutes to the nearest metro. There is a supermarket just around the corner and plenty of restaurants nearby.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room itself was pretty small but more than adequate for our stay. Our room was en-suite with a bath and we even had a view of the Eiffel Tower from our room which was great.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank ab-travelgirl
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is just one block from Rue Cler where there are lots of local shops and eateries. It is also easy walking distance to the Eiffel Tower. There is a very small elevator, which is nice for luggage; and that is the only time we used it, even though we were on the 3rd floor. The towels were changed every day, even though we hung them back up. Our only complaint is that they didn't leave us new drinking glasses after taking the ones we'd used out of the room. This was a perfect room for me and my husband; however, I would not recommend it to anyone with a physical disability. The tub/shower is higher than the bathroom floor, which made it a little difficult getting in and out. Overall it was a very pleasant stay with friendly, english speaking staff. Even though our room was small (barely big enough for the bed) we had a corner room which made it seem bigger. We also had a great view of the Eiffel Tower.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room: extra window with better views
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2012

It was me and my wife's first time to Paris and we were quite nervous about the hotel rooms in Paris because of our previous trip to Rome.However it was the opposite. Hotel Beaugency was a nice little hotel situated about a 10-12 min walk to the effil tower. When we checked into the hotel after flying all night our room was available (thankfully) .No probelm considering check-in was at 1pm and we got there at 8am. As for the room. It was small ,but thats like most of the rooms in Europe, though the bathroom was a nice size. So I was please! The room was clean ,bed was comforable and I was happy to see a few english speaking chanels on TV. As for the hotel breakfast we did not opt for it,nor should you. Your about a 30 second walk to the local shopping strip where they have a ton of French food such as crepes, cheeses, pastries, a butcher on the block etc... We loved it!! And the quaility was fonominal! The hotel was well situated to many of the sites such as Eco-Militarie, Efil tower, Grenville avenue.The metro was close to and effective.I would definetly stay at the Hotel Beaugency again. No complanits location was good and the price was right.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 103. It was a coner room quiet and had a nice size bathroom.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scags217
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Pros:
EXCELLENT location. Walking distance to the Eiffel Tower and all the street markets on Rue de Cler (one of the best pedestrian streets in Paris). Cool view from our bathroom window of the sparkly Eiffel Tower at night. Staff was formally friendly, helpful with area transportation, and willing to store our stroller. Had a mini-fridge to store food.
Cons:
Room was the smallest we've stayed in, and we had experience with small European hotels. There was only room for a double bed, an a small desk, which I had to squeeze by to get into bed. If you're single or just a couple, it might be ok, but having a child made this hotel really difficult. The walls were quite thin, so I feared every neighbor could hear when our babe woke up to eat at night.
I was not impressed with the cleanliness of this place. There were hairs on the bathroom floor, the bedspread and throw pillows were stained, and I'm not sure the wood floor had been swept. I'll admit I'm a snob about cleanliness, but I think it should be sparkling clean if I'm paying to stay there. Plus, this hotel can highly recommended by our guidebook, so I was really frustrated.

Room Tip: Choose a TRIPLE if you have children.
2  Thank 51KDA