“Very good, again.”

Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon
Ranked #432 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We sttayed here last year before taking a train to Nice and found it so convenient that we stayed again this year before taking a train to Torino. Again, the front of house staff were pleasant and helpful (and gave us a free upgrade); the little bar was nice with pleasant staff and the restaurant offered a good menu and excellent food, again with agreeable wait staff. A good choice of breakfast dishes (buffet) and plenty of seating made this meal convenient. I would highly recommend Novotel Gare de Lyon if you are staying over between air/train/train connections. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable and the bathroom is quite adequate with plenty of hot water and towels. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
J-JBruyand, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay in my hotel.

You stayed twice at the Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon and I thank you for your loyalty. I am really glad you appreciated our services and situation.

I hope I will have the chance to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Jean-Jacques Bruyand, General Manager

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just returned from a wonderful half term trip to Paris staying at Novotel Gare de Lyon executive room (512) with two teenagers. We thought the hotel staff were wonderful, so patient with our modest French and willing to speak in English when we struggled. Would recommend hotel for convenience of location but area around the hotel may not appeal to some as the homeless/drunk seem to gravitate towards the square. Having said that we felt perfectly safe in the hotel and walking to and from it. Do watch out for pick pockets around the main tourist sites though we had the ‘gold ring scam’ and the ‘fake petition scam’ tried on us whilst we were there but luckily we realised straight away something fishy was going on!
Good points about the hotel
+ Clean modern room
+ Great shower
+ Comfortable bed
+ Helpful staff
+ Pool (small but still a bonus)
+ Great food and staff in restaurant - buffet breakfast and evening meals both great
Nil points goes to
- Area around hotel
- Room much smaller than it looks on the photo – how do they do that?!

Hope this review was helpful…

1  Thank v1882w
J-JBruyand, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2014

Dear Guest,
I thank you for choosing my hotel and for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay.
My teams and I are happy to read that your children and you enjoyed our services and attention and we hope to keep on welcoming you for your next trips to Paris.
Best regards.
Jean-Jacques Bruyand – Manager

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here three nights May 2014.This is a great location if you are planning to move around using Metro/RER or any other public transport system .Gare de Lyon train station is just foot step
distance from hotel lobby,Rooms are good and comfortable.A wide spread break fast menu,This is s comfortable place to stay in Paris.30-45 minutes by Taxi from airport or you can take a metro
if you are travelling alone with less luggage,

Dear Guest,
I thank you for taking the time to write about my hotel. It is true that our location is a real added advantage. Indeed, the railway station is a few steps away and allows you to reach quickly and easily the main tourist attractions.
I hope to welcome you again at Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon.
Kind regards,
Jean-Jacques Bruyand - General Manager

Reviewed 31 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here in a queen room for two nights. I was fortunate to get one of the new rooms (on the third floor) so my accomodations were quite comfortable. The room was spacious, included ample storage, hangers, nice sized bathroom with a great shower (had two adjustable shower heads), clean, and comfortable bed. Be sure to request a newer room as the older rooms appear not to have been refreshed since the 80s and are a bit run down. I stayed at the hotel with friends who were in one of the older rooms and they were not pleased and were informed by the front desk that theirs was an older room. The front desk offered to inform them if one of the newer rooms became available during our stay but none did.

The free wifi wasn't the fastest but nothing to complain and there is an option to upgrade to a faster speed for 9euro a day. My room came with a free continental breakfast which had more than enough sufficient offerings (crepes, assortment of rolls/breads, fruit, deli meat, sausages, bacon, eggs, cereals, oatmeal, juice/tea, bottled water, hot chocolate, and coffee.

A/C is available in the rooms around mid May and worked just fine.

The hotel is located next to the train station (metro) was makes it convenient for traveling around the city. In addition, the hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the nearest Botobus location (Des Jardins). The Botobus is a fabulous low cost option (40 euro for family of four- 2 adults and 2 children or 16 euro for one adult) to see all of the major sites in Paris.

There are also numerous hotels, cafes, and pharmacies within walking distance. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request one of the newer rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 571CharleyK
Reviewed 23 May 2014

very close to railway station and hence if travelling by TGV its a great option. Even superior rooms are very small but neat and clean with all facilities. Travelling in city is very convenient since close to station. I think in Paris its difficult to get bigger rooms and hence I would recommend this hotel for stay.

Room Tip: don't choose the room whose windows are on station side since theres lot of noise. also check th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
J-JBruyand, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2014

Dear Guest,
I thank you for your review regarding your stay in my hotel and especially for recommending my hotel on Trip Advisor.
The hotel is indeed close to the railway station and the exit n° 9 leads you just in front of the hotel.
I hope to welcome you again at Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon.
Best regards,
Jean-Jacques Bruyand - General Manager

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed during one week and my conclusion:
- good location, next to Gare de Lyon (if this Gare is part of your trave plan, super)
- room modern, clean and new but like ikea model
- breakfast is good with same high prices as other hotels
- front desk service is excellent - questions, support, check in and out.
- fitness center good
I would say: excellent for business travel or a short stay with family on vacation.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business