“Citadines Bastille Gare de Lyon Paris”

Citadines Bastille Gare de Lyon Paris
Ranked #834 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Very very good location. With access to the train and many little coffee shops/bakery and grocery. We took the train from the airport to this hotel, very easy. The hotel itself is not a 5 star but considering the location good. The bathroom and toilet is seperate take a little getting use to. We book this through our plan with Royal Holiday when we got there we were told that we only have 2 towel for our entire stay of 6 day because this is all Royal Holiday paid for, well I asked to speak to the supervisor who decide to give us two extra towels. Wow so to get through out stay I went out and got paper towels and some other items to help us out. There is not air condition but we did not need it, the room itself is ok we stayed in room 221 which is on the other end of the building. Our room was over looking a little garden area which is lovely. The noise from other room cannot be overlook we could hear people walking and talking and moving furniture, The morning we were suppose to check out the cleaning lady burst into our room around 9am, I do not understand what the communication is with the hotel staff and the cleaning crew. We tried saying hello to them when coming into contact with them in the hallway, but not interaction what so ever. Check with Helene at the front desk she is a wealth of information, as far as the train and place to go and prices. Buy the 10 pack if you are taking the train you save about 4 euros and it works out better than the daily pass. I would highly recommend the Eiffel towers and take the stairs if you can it is cheaper and the lines are shorter. We visited all the the churches and did a lot of walking in order to see everything you need your walking shoes. Paris is one of the best places I have visited so far. A must see for all who love to travel.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gee M

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We travelled as a family of 4.

Pros
Free Wifi in rooms.
Bedding was comfortable and appropriate. 1 fold out double in living area + 2 single beds in bedroom.
Concierge helpful.

Cons
Facility is a little run down.
Bathroom had no fan and as such was mouldy in places.
Location was too far from attractions.
Rooms not cleaned infact it is performed weekly.
Fresh towels at cost. My inquiry as to whether we could get fresh towels after day 3 was at a cost of 9 Euros. The concierge ended up giving them to me for free.
Breakfast was too expensive to have at hotel @15 Euro per person.

Summary – we were disappointed with this hotel. The rooms are of a poor standard and not value for money. We would not recommend this to anyone. We were pretty happy to leave.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank pracwest
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Location is perfect and off the main road. Front of house presents well. The rooms could do with some modernising. We were comfortable. A large picture window which we were able to have open overlooking a garden created a lovely feel to this apartment. A kitchenette and largish bathroom. The only problem was the odours that hung around the hallway due to the cooking in the rooms. We were pleasantly surprised though to have this amount of space in Paris.

Room Tip: Our apartment was on second floor and back of building overlooking a beautiful garden.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michele B
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Several positive things, reception staff are helpful, a short walk from Metro Line 1, inviting nearby are shops (bakery ...), the Paris quite large rooms, good beds.
Hotel deserves to renovate, while in the bathroom functional but at least it should belong to redecorate, old kitchen when we wanted to cook dinner pots were larger than the plate for cooking. Dishwasher - rather it should be discarded.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VladoTi
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Easy to get to & lots to see in the area. We took the RER-B from CDG to Chatelet, then, the M1 to Reuilly - Diderot & walked around the corner to the hotel. Did it all on one ticket per person. The property is on the M1 & M8 lines, so you can get to everywhere from there. Bought a metro carnet which allowed us the option of walking and or riding everywhere. Short 10 minute walk from the hotel to Gare de Lyon as well. Lots of outdoor markets, and great restaurants in the area. Bercy village and park are worth the walk.

Citadines are blessed with great staff who are very helpful, and efficient while being professional friendly. I have been to several Citadines, and enjoyed them all. Clean and nicely appointed apartments that I would recommend to anyone. Considering this is Paris, the studio unit was spacious. The beds were comfortable, and we slept very well. Again, no surprises here and my travel companion and I enjoyed ourselves so much that we will be back here again next year.

Room Tip: Take public transit rather than a shuttle taxi.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carlo S
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This Apart/Hotel for us was a bit too far from the centre of Paris. We are walkers and tend to walk everywhere rather than use the Metro, so in fairness I should point out that the Metro station is close by the hotel. We walked to Notre Dame, Louvre etc, but it took more than an hour to do this. Our one bedroom apartment was well supplied and was in an external part of the hotel which we liked. We were able to open the doors onto the balcony for fresh air rather than have air con. The property had free Wi Fi, but we found that our apartment was in a blocked area and I had to go to the reception area lounge to use my wi fi. There is also a PC in the lobby for use. There is a good launderette situated within the hotel at a low cost to use. A supermarket over the road was well stocked. Property was well maintained, Reception staff were very friendly and helpful in organizing us transfers, taxis and generally with things to do in the area.

Room Tip: Our apartment on level 2 was quiet and had plenty of room. Only problem was lack of Wi Fi in the ap...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MOBTours
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I used to live in Paris many moons ago and was a left bank girl for a long time. More recently for stays / visit, I have been doing more right bank, often around Opera area since it is easier to get around and can walk to some places too. I have some friends in the Bastille area but this is my first time staying in the area.

I am also familiar with the Ascott group having stayed at their property in Auckland for 6 months on extended stay basis. Have had 1 short stay in London for Citadines a long time ago.

This location is a tad more complicated if you try to take public transfport with luggage from CDG since you would have to transfer RER and also to metro. the walk between RER and Metro is very long. I would be tempted to do RER to gare de Nord and take a cab for a few euroes more. Better yet, take the Roissy bus to Opera and a cab. When I left I was leaving from Orly and the amount of hassel to go by public transport make me take a cab and glad I did.

There are a few decent looking restaurants and cafe around but I was meeting people so end up not really eating in the neighbourhood. There is a little supermarket on the street if you need a few staples to fill your fridge. Some pastisseries near by where it could be possible to buy something to heat up.

I had a 1bdrm unit and only myself but need to do some work while I was there so thought the extra space is worth it. Unfortunately not sure if the 1bdrm units have been renovated and the set up is not logical. I can see this configuration might be useful if you are 4 travelling but TV is only in the living room and I prefer to watch TV in bed. Would have been nice to have a small TV also in the bedroom.

The bedroom while small was perfectly fine. The safe was closed and locked when I checked in so it was something I had to get resolved. The bedding seems ralatively new so it may have been updated recently.

I looked at a studio while I was there and it has a far better setup / configuration to me and it seem newer / more renovated. The unit I had had the kitchenette in the foyer section between bedroom, living room, bathroom and toilet cubicle. it was reasonably equipped but the stove top was pretty old since the numbers on the dial for the hobs were worn out that I could not tell the numbers or what is off vs low vs high heat. The staff took a marker and tried to write on the hob knob for me to tell but this really need to be replaced.

My main issue was with the internet service. it is free internet service but it kept cutting out which is difficult for doing something on VPN. Each room has a router appearently for wifi and not that great. I switched to wired cable for internet but that involved getting the living room side table with the cable and phone halfway to the desk with and stretch the cable to connect to my laptop and stretch my charger for my laptop across the living room doorway so it can plug into an outlet on the other side. If it was more than me, it would be a safety hazard. The staff tried to help but there is only so much that can be done with the limitation of the physical configuration. Citadines need to provide longer cables and maybe an extension cord in the unit or move the furniture around so it could be more logical for the 1bdrm. The studio seemed to be fine but I did not try to work in it just a quick look.

24 hour front desk but doors locked and accessed by keycards or be buzzed in. With only 1 person on staff on Sunday, I seen some people waiting to be let in.

It is a decent option for an extended stay type accomodation but it could be better with some minor changes (longer cable, extension cord, etc.) and better eye on the upkeep.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room if they have some.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo