“Very good position of the hotel but rooms were poorly sound proved”

Mercure Paris Gare de Lyon TGV
Ranked #761 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
A TripAdvisor Member
Predeal
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Helpfull staff, nice location , good breakfast , only remark is about noise in the room, it was like the hole street was in your room.Overall was a good stay , they should add more tv programs in english , most of the were in french.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with fru.pl
MGDL, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Gare de Lyon TGV, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Guest
I thank you for your nice comments and Mercure has signed a new contract for all the hotels with New TV channels in English.
Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed here again for 3 nights from 29 January because of its excellent location as part of the Gare du Lyon railway station and easy connection to Gare du Nord (2 stops on line D of RER) and to the interchange point at Chatelet les Halles (one stop).

It has a spacious arrival area from the street, with a waiting/seating area and, tucked away in a corner, the single free-of-charge internet terminal.

Check in was speedy. I had room 623. It was certainly compact, with two beds pushed together to make one large double. Firm mattress and comfortable to sleep on. But that took up most of the space. The hanging wardrobe was very slender and did not hold all the clothes I wanted to put on hangars. There were no drawers in which to put other belongings, so I lived out of my suitcase pushed under a bedside table unit.

The bedroom window fitted badly and I was unable to fasten it closed whenever I opened it, which I had to do several times as the wall thermostat did not regulate room temperature. I could not get it to cool down. Other regular customers of Accor may recognise this as a not uncommon problem in Mercure and Novotel hotels.

Bathroom had a walk in shower which I liked. There was no hand rail to hold when getting in and out - so I did that gingerly.

I did not have any meals in the hotel so cannot comment this time on breakfast.

I had paid extra for a Privilege room, thinking I would get a more comfortable room. Basically it meant bathrobes (which were of no interest) and some soft drinks in the minibar. Not worth the extra money.

The hotel is good for location but not special in any other way

Room Tip: Dont spend the extra on Privilege Rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
MGDL, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Gare de Lyon TGV, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Guest
I thank you for your comments regarding your stay and I am pleased to enjoy it.
As you mentionned the Privilege has amenities you will not have in a standard room as large TV ambilight screen, Nespresso machine, Musical station, free drinks in the fridge,...
Hope to have the pleasure to see you again soon

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed here for one night before an event at a venue just over the river. The hotel is in a good location within the station though a little tricky to find if coming up from the metro or rer.

I was upgraded to a privilege room with a complimentary mini bar and bathrobes etc. The room was clean and functional if a little on the small size but perfectly fine for Paris.

The staff were very helpful, I'd had some boxes delivered in advance for my event and they held onto them for me and agreed to look after them afterwards too until a courier could collect them.

The are around the hotel seemed fine though I didn't explore far. Overall a solid hotel with helpful staff.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fleur1104
MGDL, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Gare de Lyon TGV, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you again for visiting us during your trip to Paris and I am glad to see you enjoyed it.
Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon in Mercure Network

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We went to see a concert in Bercy and the hotel is two stops on the metro from Gare de nord and two minutes walk when at gare du Lyon station. The hotel is clean and service very good. The breakfast was ok. The only fault with room was smoke. Whether the air con transmits from room to room or not I don't know but when we got back the room felt like we were in a smoking bar and had to keep the window open all night which wasn't ideal in January. On the whole I would stay again but only if they sorted the smoking bit out.

Room Tip: Excellent location for going to bercy a concert hall
1  Thank Bill309
MGDL, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Gare de Lyon TGV, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Guest
I thank you for your nice comments regarding the Location, Service and Breakfast.
As you mentionned I will check this problem of smoke from an another room and be sure that all the corrections will be done.
Hope to see you again for the next concert in Bercy

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Location is very good, I can easily access to all attractions. Price is cheap compared to other hotels in Paris. Room that I got is too far, almost the end of corridor but it is all understandable. However, during the night I stayed, WIFI service is quite poor that I had to re-register again and over again, probably is my device problem, but in other places it is working but in this hotel, it will be disconnect very fast, and when i re-connect, i would be asked to register my email again. I did it more than 10 times, I called operators for help, she was not very patient to help me, just asked me to register. Except that, generally speaking, the stay is very good!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
MGDL, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Gare de Lyon TGV, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for giving me your experience with Mercure and I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay.
We changed the operator for WIFI and there is no more problem with that.
Hope to see you again soon in Mercure Hotels

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I booked this quite late. It was not cheap ... but Paris hotel prices are not cheap. It was very convenient for the Gare de Lyon.

Really no complaints - except for the price, but then there were far inferior hotels going at completely scandalous prices! There was a Salon on and there were very few rooms available in Paris.

Excellent room: clean and very comfortable. Very modern: not a huge amount of charm. I had a great night's sleep.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ahmad A
MGDL, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Gare de Lyon TGV, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Guest
I thank you for your comments and as you mentionned you can have good deals like this period.
Don't hesitate to check on our website to enjoy a new stay in Paris. I wish a happy New Year.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Nice hotel. Good rooms. Breakfast included. Very close to train and metro stations which make it convenience if you are taking them. Good service and excellent fares. Well located.
The standard room we take was comfortable, and has everything we need. Maybe it is necesary to have a drawer for keeping clothes in. I would not recomend it for staying more than 4-5 nights

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank elmemo27

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your nice comments and hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.
I wish you a happy New Year