“Not impressed - shabby”

Ranked #1,608 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Preston, United Kingdom
“Not impressed - shabby”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

For 230 euros for a business stay I expected so much better. Dirty carpets, sagging mattresses, stained toilet bowl, worn fittings and no air con. Felt dirty as soon as I stepped in the room and couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Niamey, Niger
Reviewed 30 May 2013

this is to warn about whoever wants to stay there. I am currently in the hotel and leaving tomorrow, I will never come back here. nothing is as planned. absolutely nothing. dirty, smelling, rooms so tiny that even taking bath is a challenge! I already spend 2night, the internet has never worked but before coming they ensure me that there was a wireless service in the room, it is completely wrong. only in the tiny loby that cant accommodate more than 4 guest. I did complain bitterly, a staff gave me his own access code to free wifi that worked only for 1 night, it os not working and there is nothing they can't do about it. I asked them to call there manager, they said they cant call him for an internet problem, I have been disconnect with my business for the pas 48 hours! I would never recommend this hotel, never

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and our first impressions were that this hotel was 'ok'. I was concerned about the 'pull down' bed but we had the most comfortable sleep in a hotel for quite a while.
The bathroom was laid out to suit the compact nature but was enough to enable ease of use. On the downside it (bathroom) was too warm as the towel rail was on constantly at high temperature.
The lack of a kettle was disappointing but we could improvise and use a saucepan to boil water for a cuppa.
this is a nice area with supermarket and a variety of bars and restaurants nearby.
the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. we had breakfast each morning and regardlees of the time we went down there was always a good selection of breads, fruit, yoghurts, juices, spreads and tea coffee.
we would stay here again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Antrimsean
London
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I was worried before going after reading all the reviews but as there was 4 of us (2 adults and 2 children, aged 12 & 9) our room wasn't too small. One double bed and a double sofa bed, fridge, hob and microwave but lack of cutlery - only one teaspoon so had to ask for a knife. Also crockery only for 2 people. The staff were very friendly and helpful and desk open 24 hours. The one down side was the bathroom. Very small which I could live with but shower had one door missing. The water was cold the first morning when we got up later but the next two days the water was ok. Our beds were remade everyday but when we returned the last night they had taken our towels and only left 1 large and 2 hand towels!! We all slept well, it was warm but with the window open a little bit it was fine. I could pick up the WIFI in our 3rd floor room some of the time, but you can get it in the lobby. There is a supermarket very near and also market stalls a street away. A good base for seeing the sights and getting around Paris. Not as bad as I thought and ok as a budget hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Foligno, Italy
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I've traveled to over 15 countries across the world, have stayed in many hotels and hostels and this was by far one of the worst, if not the worst I have stayed in.

It was very difficult to find without a map of Paris and no specific directions from the hotel itself. Which was fantastic because we both had 2 very heavy suitcases. It ended up being a 5-10 minute walk from the metro stop but is not visible from the metro itself.

My boyfriend and I booked a 4 day/night stay in their "studio apartment". It was absolutely nothing like the pictures shown on their website. The bed was a pullout couch covered in hairs and dirt. When the bed was pulled out there was no room to walk in the apartment without hitting the walls or our legs on the "bed". We couldn't open the bathroom door when the bed was pulled out either.

The bathroom was so small you had to step over the toilet to get out of the shower that was barely big enough for a smaller than average person covered with a moldy curtain. The worst part was the hot water. We had to leave and stay in another hotel one night because out of our entire 4 days, we had luke warm water once, at midnight. When I told the staff the very first night there was no hot water we were told it was because too many people were using it and we would have to shower late at night, or early in the morning. In 4 days we were only able to shower once. We kept checking the temperature every hour from 6pm-5am once and still had no hot water. Which to me, is completely unacceptable!

We were promised free wifi but when we checked in were told it was only available in the "lobby". Which consisted of 2 very uncomfortable chairs, and there were always about 15 young people out in the halls trying to use it at anytime, which made it impossible to use.

It was so ridiculously hot in our room the only way we could sleep was to open the windows (without screens). Which left us freezing in the cold Paris night.

The only thing that was decent about the Hotel/room was the kitchen. We were able to save some money by using the kitchen to cook for ourselves. It even came with some dishes and one pot, which was very nice. The fridge actually kept things very cold, which was also surprising.

The worst part, had to be that anything we complained about didn't get resolved. The staff was friendly but very unhelpful. This hotel really ruined our trip and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, not even for a night!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Candice C
Mount Gambier, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Hotel is a little out of the way however is easily accessible by Metro (Rome station is the closest and goes straight to the Arc de Triumphe to catch the hop on/off bus).Room is compact but clean & tidy, basic kitchen but no tea or coffee in room which would have been nice. Bathroom neat & tidy however beware as floor subject to flooding when showering. Breakfast room downstairs is v small however breakfast was enough to get you started for the day. Reception is staffed 24hrs & they are very friendly & helpful. We can highly recommend the Cosy Cafe at the end of the street as somewhere nice & close to eat and drink and the staff are wonderful. Wifi is available in the foyer but as we had a room close by we were able to access it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Warsaw
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I chose that hotel just several days before going to Paris for a short, one-night stay. Exceptional for me, as I always book much in advance. However, this time I just discovered that this hotel has exceptionally low prices for a double room (actually, a sort of studio for in the room, there's a kitchen annex), so I rebooked and I did not regret.
To be given a decent room near central Paris for some 44 euro, you must be really lucky, don't you? So was I. The room is small but clean, so is the bathroom, even though it's evidently had its best days by now. To my surprise, the hotel (at least the floor I was placed in) was really quiet, hence no problem to get off to sleep at night.
One serious thing that prevents me from rating the hotel higher than "three green dots" was the heating. You've never seen such a huge heating panel at the wall - some 2 meters high and slightly less than 1 meter wide. It was all the time on "full steam" thus, heating up the room to some incredible temperature level. I would've died (or rather "dried out") in there if I wouldn't have opened the window (in February, with the external temperature close to zero!!) and left it open for the whole night! Quite unsusual and one could obviously comment "better this than no heating at all in winter". Indeed, however, a three star establishment could hopefully afford some less energy-wasting and more user-friendly heating sytem.
All in all, a recommendable spot, just 5 minutes walk from the Villiers metro station. Alternatively, for those arriving by train at Gare du Nord, you may take bus no. 30 and after some 20 min. ride, get off at the stop Rome-Batignolles and walk up to 10 minutes until you've reached the hotel. The hotel is also well conneted to the central Paris: bus 53 brings you within minutes to the Opera house (Palais Garnier).
Now, chase for the price I managed to get (the "official" prices displayed in the hotel's reception start with well above... 200 euro!) and good luck!

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple