“Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #295 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Dallas, Texas
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a super location with access to transport and sights of Paris. My work location was within a block which is why this location was so perfect for my trip. There are many resources to access within a couple of blocks of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com

Françoise P, Directeur général at Maison Albar Hotel Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your contribution and for sharing your comments.

We are very happy to see that you have appreciated the Hotel location.

We will be delighted to welcome you back for your next business trip.

Kindest Regards,

Françoise Picard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel is perfectly situated right at the top of the champs elysees & just seconds from the Arc De Triomphe.

We were made to feel welcome straight away, the room wasn't ready on arrival and we were asked to wait in the bar area where we were offered a complimentary drink.

We didn't partake in the hotel breakfast yet the restaurant/bar area is very welcoming.

There was a receptionist in particular (a young lady) who couldn't do enough for you, offered to print our boarding pass, room services, transportation to the airport, it felt like nothing was to much.

The room was very well set out, lovely and clean and very trendy decor it had all the amenities needed. The mirrors ceilings were unusual but a fantastic feature.

There is a restaurant/cafe straight opposite the hotel which serves amazing food both at lunch and dinner.

As mentioned earlier the hotel is right in the centre of it all, I would have no problem recommending this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Madi88
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Champs Elysées Mac Mahon, I would like to personnaly thank you for your lovely comment on your stay with us.

It is always great to read about the satisfaction of our guests.

Come and visit us again whenever you wish!

Island of Malta, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed in an Executive Room no.503 from 11th July to 15th July 2014. I was immediately welcomed and felt at home upon my arrival and shown the room which was very comfortable and tastily decorated, even though I had a funny mishap with the wardrobe in that one of the handles of the wardrobe was damaged and fell off. I immediately informed the reception. One of the staff came immediately to check what happened but it was never repaired until my departure. To be honest I didn't expect this to happen being an 'Executive Room'.
The view of the Arc de Triomphe from up there was spectacular. The breakfasts each morning were very good and staff always courteous.
All in all I really enjoyed my stay here but I left the hotel upon check-out (checked-out on 15th July at around 11.30am) with a somewhat sour taste. First, there was a mistake in my bill. But it was immediately remedied with no questions asked and a new one was issued and I paid the correct amount. However the receptionist at that time (I forgot the name of the receptionist) just made sure that everything was in order, that the money was duly paid and that's it, with no proper 'goodbye' or at least a 'Bon voyage' back home. He just asked me whether I enjoyed my stay and whether I needed a taxi, which I refused politely because I had alternative means of transport. By his facial expression he didn't like the idea. Just before I left, I said a proper 'Goodbye' to the receptionist but I was completely ignored. Because of this reason and the wardrobe mishap mentioned above, I'm giving this hotel 4 stars rather than 5 because of lack of warmth by the receptionists before I left the hotel. So basically I was treated like a queen..until I paid. Feeling at home upon arrival and also upon departure from a hotel for me is essential, because it's those determining factors which could make you return to a hotel or not.

Room Tip: Spectacular view from Room 503 and tastily decorated.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank RosanneBugeja
Dear guest,

First, thank you for taking the time to comment your stay with us.

I am happy to hear that globally, your stay with us was enjoyable: I make sure everyday that my guests are welcomed as Kings and Queens.

Now, regarding your remarks on your check out experience, I was surprised to read about it. However, be assured I will take action with the front desk team. It is unacceptable that you have felt the coldness or bad temper of the person who took care of you. I sincerley apologize for this bad behaviour and will make sure this won't happen again in the future.

About the handle, it was indeed broken and we had none to replace: we had to order them which explains why it was not repaired. However, this should have been explained to you and I offer you my apologies as well.

I hope that you will be willing to give us another chance and that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Should you like to discuss you stay any further, feel free to contact me anytime.

Glen Iris, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I joined our son and fiancée at this lovely hotel for an overnight stay. The position was excellent for tourists who hadn't been to Paris in many years. Near the madness of the Champs Elysees (busy season) but in a quiet street. the hotel is decorated in a very opulent style, the rooms are comfortable and very clean. I loved opening the windows and looking out into the street

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Françoise P, Directeur général at Maison Albar Hotel Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to comment your stay.

It is a pleasure to read how much you have appreciated your stay with us.

We sincerely hope to welcome you again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This was just an overnight stop over on our way to Loire Valley. East to find. It was a lovely greeting by 3 young staff in the small reception area. No parking included but use parkingsdeparisdotcom which got me a 9.99 Euros 24 hour parking pass down the road. The room was on the small side but impeccable, the shower was ace and the toilet even sprayed mon derrière! (For the Japanese clientele i understand) the breakfast / bar area was an impressive eclectic look but again the staff were very welcoming. The young reception staff were very helpful and showed us how to get to shopping areas and wrote notes on the maps they gave us which is brilliant because i always forget the instructions after the first bit. Overall a great stay as the location was superb- right next to Arc de Triomphe so easy walking to everywhere. Would definitely return and spend some more time there.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Itsmesmithy
Françoise P, Directeur général at Maison Albar Hotel Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your time.

We are extremely happy that we made your stay memorable.

Looking forward to welcome you back in a near future!

Kindest regards,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is exceptionally well located, just steps from the Arch de Triomphe and Champs Elysee. The nearby metro station has several lines, and taxis are also easily available outside the hotel.

The service levels were excellent (surprising for Paris, especially at this price point). The front desk staff gave us excellent restaurant recommendations, arranged tickets, taxis, etc, etc. And did it all with a smile.

The hotel is well decorated with funky, modern decor in the public areas, which carries through to the bedrooms. The rooms are very interesting and vibrantly decorated in shades of red. There are large mirrors on the ceiling above the bed which we found a little strange. Also, the bathroom was separated into two, with the WC room in one corner of the room and the bath and washbasin in the other (which was also unusual for us). We found our room to be small though we saw other rooms which were larger.

For the price we paid, and given the location of this hotel, I think its a very good deal and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank your for taking the time to share your experience.
Effectively, we do have different room types with different sizes.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Kind regards,

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just travelled to Paris with my boyfriend and stayed here at the MacMahon Champs Elysees hotel after reading several reviews. I have to say that the stay here exceeded my expectations! Mohammed at the front desk helped me when I sprained my ankle by sending ice immediately up to our room. He also went out of his way to make us dinner reservations overlooking the Eiffel Tower on our last night in Paris because we wanted a romantic last evening in this beautiful city. Thank you so much to all the staff there for making our stay such a memorable one!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com

Françoise P, Directeur général at Maison Albar Hotel Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am so happy to read your comment: I will share it with the entire team, especially with Mohamed. Paris is a magical city, isn't it?

I hope that you had a good trip back home.

Feel free to come back whenever you want.