“So disappointed I had to write a review!”

Maison Albar Hotel Paris Champs-Elysees
Ranked #279 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“So disappointed I had to write a review!”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I'm going to start off with saying I never write reviews, however, I was so disappointed with my stay here I felt I had to!

I stayed here from Friday to Sunday (29/08/2014 - 31/08/2014) after requesting my room to be ready for a 1300hrs checkin I was told it was not ready and had to wait 15 minutes for it to be ready which then turned out to be a hour wait which wasted my already short time in Paris.

There was no mini-bar price-list in the room and even after asking 4 times at reception for one then just said there is one or they will come up shortly with one (They never did)! The mini-bar is very overpriced, I would suggest walking 3 minutes down the road to the local supermarket and getting the same items for a fraction of the price!

Breakfast! Don't even get me started on this. This was by far the worst breakfast I ever had. I paid 50 euros for stale bread, cheap and nasty sausages and bacon and awful quality pastries. I felt ripped off. It was disgusting, I would of got a better meal going to the Metro down the road and picking out items of food from the trash. Appalled and disgusted!!

Room service was shocking. The first time I enter my room upon check-in, yes I admit very well presented. After the first night it didn't even get seen too! I had to go to the reception at 1900hrs to ask for a maid to go into my room to clean and remove the trays which were left from breakfast. I was out of my room the whole day and was hoping to come back to relax but came back to a state!

Last point. I speak a lot of languages; french being one! When on a leisure trip I like to not let on I speak the native tongue unless I have to, to break the language barrier for the plan fact of being able to hear what the staff say about you behind your back. I was very angry after overhearing being called a idiot by one of the staff members at reception for moaning regarding the mini bar price list. I had to walk away otherwise I would of said something I regret!

Overall:
Hotel Location - Excellent
Hotel Look: Good/Excellent
Staff: Exceptionally Poor
Breakfast: Exceptionally Poor
Experience: Poor

If you are looking for a romantic break away. I can assure you this is not the hotel to stay at! There's plenty of other nice hotels a stones throw away which have much nicer bars and rooms and at the same price. TAKE MY ADVICE AND STAY AWAY!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank RLT1992
Françoise P, Directeur général at Maison Albar Hotel Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Effectively, our check in time is 2pm. We are taking any request in consideration however we do not give any guarantee as it’s up to our availability. Usually we do advise to reserve 1 night before to our guests who does not want to wait for the room when they arrive.

Our minibar pricelist are inside the minibars itself on the door. I can see that you have noticed it finally.

Regarding our breakfast, our breads, pastries are delivered every morning freshly made from the bakery. I will of course share your opinion with them. And we will look at our other products you mentioned. It’s always good to have feedback so thank you very much! Shame you didn’t shared this with us directly as we could have simply took it off your invoice…

I do apologies for the room service tray found in the corridor. We have from now changed our collection system.

In regards to my reception team, I would be very happy if you could get in touch with me. We always had excellent feedbacks about them. That’s why I would very much like to discuss further with you regarding this point.

Françoise Picard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The Arc is so close.
Subway is close and restaurants as well.
Yes it's true the lobby is small. Big deal!
We didn't come to Paris for the lobby.
The hotel is clean and modern.
The rooms are beautiful with doors on the windows that swing open letting fresh air in the room.
The bathroom is gorgeous and the large rain shower is terrific with a temp cantrol so you never fiddle with the shower temp.
The bed is a king size( it's really 2 singles pushed together which you do feel sometimes but it's very comfortable.
The split toilet and bathroom is great. It's like having 2 bathrooms.
It has a modern heated, air cleaners and washer toilet. You do have to go the 10ft to the bathroom to wash your hands.
This hotel has everything you could want.
The staff is friendly (speak perfect English), very helpful and picked 3 great restaurants within walking distance.
Stop looking this is perfect for your stay!!
Fyi we stayed 6 nights. We also requested 1:00 check in and they got us in by 12:00pm.
I would not hesitate to stay here again on my next visit!

Room Tip: We took a deluxe fir the added space. I think it's worth it! We were in the front of the hotel...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wasntme58
Françoise P, Directeur général at Maison Albar Hotel Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience!

We are extremely happy to read that you had a fantastic time with us.

It's a great delight to have made your stay memorable.

Looking for to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Really did enjoy staying in it
Location is perfect near the arc , no need for a car both the underground metro and the bus station near , decoration and style are super beautiful , Staff will do everything they can to help you search maps ask to get a location you need

Next visit to paris will stay in this hotel
Thanks for the experience in this hotel

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Taresh97

This is marvellous!

I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 11 August 2014

small hotel with no much facilities. however, I enjoy my stay as the staff was friendly, the room was clean, the is comfy and 384 steps of Champs Elysees Ave.
so basically it cozy quite hotel among the crowd.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com

Françoise P, Directeur général at Maison Albar Hotel Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your nice comment and for taking the time to share your experience.

Our strength is our team who always wants to make sure your are comfortable and feel like you are at home.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Between the months of June and July, I had spent a tidy sum on hotels and was looking for a not too expensive but really nice hotel in Paris. Mac Mahon was it!!
Excellent boutique hotel, great service, friendly staff, wonderful amenities, fantastic location, lovely lovely rooms (albeit slightly small).

Please stay at the Mac Mahon, you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Françoise P, Directeur général at Maison Albar Hotel Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice review!

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent boutique hotel. Location could not be beat ( by the Arch of Triumph )!!! The rooms are ultra modern. Excellent staff who could not do enough for you! Restaurant is worth visiting. Will be back again!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com

2 Thank Michael T
Dear guest,

What a great review: thank you so so much.

The location is indeed a very important criteria when choosing a hotel but I am glad to read that you have enjoyed the boutique hotel spirit that we have.

Come and visit us again soon, please!

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at Hotel Mac Mahon during our honeymoon in July. The rooms are newly renovated, clean and modern with a Parisan feel. We had a view of the Arc de Triumph from our balcony which was nice. We had informed the reception that it was our honeymoon when making our reservation however were a bit disapponted that there was no acknowledgement of this during our stay. The housekeeping staff were also quite moody with us on a couple of occasions when they came to our room which wasn't very pleasant. The location is close to Champs Elysees and overall it is reasonable value however due to the service unfortunately I couldn't rate it higher.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment your stay at the Champs Elysées Mac Mahon.

We are really sorry that we have missed the fact that you were here on your honeymoon: surely it was an error as we usually try our utmost for honeymooners to have the best memories they possibly can.

Regarding your comment with the maid, thank you for sharing it with us as well: I will personnaly look into it and make sure it is not repeated in the future.

I would love to welcome you once again in the future, if you have the occasion to come back, to show you that we can surely do better.

Should you like to discuss your stay any further, please feel free to contact me personaly at the hotel anytime.