“Great place to stay in Paris”
Review of Champerret Elysees

Champerret Elysees
Ranked #621 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
“Great place to stay in Paris”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We found a terrific price for this hotel. It is located near the Arc of Triumph (30min walk) and has a metro station right across the street. In the area around it you can find lost of restaurants and cafés, supermarkets, bakeries and even flower shops.
The hotel was very clean, the rooms with flatscreen, air conditioning, comfortable beds, fully equipped bathroom and there was no noise from the streets at night.
People at the front desk were very helpful and polite.
Breakfast is served and it has everything you need to get your day started. If the price is within your budget, look no further, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 July 2014

That headline just about summarizes all. Our bed Room 201 is a double bed and it sinks in the middle. So the two of us would gravity towards each other - not a bad thing but trying to turn towards the outer edge of the bed is an uphill task -literally.
Not need to order breakfast as there are several cafe and small lock up bread shop near the metro.
Thank God the lift came to life on our departure date.
Remember to book your return to CDG airport by shuttle bus with the receptionist early. 19€ per person one way.

Room Tip: Room 201 for romantic die hards
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul H
Manchester
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This will be my very first hotel review ever (and I've stayed in many) but I relied heavily on the reviews of others to stay here so thought it only right to give my feedback.
Champerret Elysées is a 3x hotel but compared to other 3x this is by far the best in all aspects.

At CDG airport we got RER and metro directions to the hotel, we stopped at Champerret and the hotel was literally across the road, we just had to turn around, less than a min walk.

Reception- we were welcomed my an English speaking Italian by the name Federico. He was polite and really lovely, made me feel at ease already. I had previously sent the hotel an email (worth doing) asking if there was anything they could do for our wedding anniversary/second honeymoon stay in Paris so when Fredirico saw this, he changed our room from basic to premium. We were really happy of cos about the upgrade but it didn't stop there, we arrived at the hotel between 11am/12pm, check in time is at 2pm however we were allowed to check in early.

Room 210- So we're the Paris (my 2nd visit) and I've learnt that rooms in Paris are generally quite small so I wasn't expecting a mansion. When we walked in the first thing that crossed my mind was "thank goodness we upgraded cos I don't think I'd want to stay in anything less than this room" don't get me wrong, it was a good enough size for a weekend stay, clean, the shower was great, felt like staying under the shower forever, not much in terms of deco but we were in a clean and comfortable room and that was good enough for us. Cable HD tv, no real English speaking station (except for bbc world news) but if u keep flicking you'd find at least one programme on in English.

In terms of the view from the room, we were facing a small yard but considering that the main road can get busy, I'd rather face the yard to be honest- it's not like I spend the day looking out the window.

Location- literally 15mins walk from the arc de triumph (and I'm not a fast walker) Federico gave us a map and showed us how to start our journeys, there were plenty of tourist information at the hotel, I thought this was normal but I found that this isn't the case in all the hotels.
The metro station (and bus station) is less than a min walk from the hotel and from here you can get anywhere. We were going to use a tour bus but didn't fancy a open roof tour bus in the rain so we got a day pass for zones 1-3 (which covers all you need really) and this was €10.85 each for the day. Quite easy to get around and the trains were unbelievably on time, never waited up to 5mins for any train. Gare de Nord is the smelliest station I've ever passed through but oh well, we only passed through.
Turn left and go around the hotel and you'll find a nice family run Italian restaurant- we really liked it there. Alternatively turn right and walk to the end of the road you'll find a lil pizza place opened till about 1/1.30am. €9 for pizza for 2- excellent.

Hotel Wifi- we got our log in details when we checked in and I was surprised to get a really strong connection, consistent wifi throughout the hotel (except for the breakfast room) Wifi was playing up on Saturday evening but wasn't much of a big deal.

Unfortunately it rained all day Saturday but my husband approahed the reception and he was given an big umbrella for us to use during our stay (free of charge but would charge €10 if not returned- fair enough)

Breakfast- we only had breakfast at the hotel on Sunday morning and unfortunately the atmosphere wasn't great. We went down about 9am (breakfast is 7-10am) and there was just a few of us there, the staff didn't seem particularly happy and maybe a lil bit of soft music would lift the atmosphere a lil. Food was basic continental as stated and breakfast is charged at €10 per person.

Shuttle Service- Federico had book our return shuttle back to the airport on Sunday morning, had to pay the hotel €16 and the balance of €20 to the driver on the day (shuttle is charged at €18 per person)

The only thing I wasn't pleased about during my stay (which is a shame cos I'm quite easily pleased and was generally satisfied throughout except for this one thing) we had put a "do not disturb sign on our door from the Friday night so I was very surprised when the cleaner still knocked in Saturday morning asking if we needed more towels (we can more than enough towels in the room already) and then on Sunday, when we returned to our room about 3pm we found out that someone had been in again. I had to check if the sign was till at the door and it was. It was red and clearly stated do not disturb. I'm not complaining about having my room cleaned but fact is I didn't want anyone in my room (we always tidied up after ourselves but I had my things all over the place) and that is unfortunately the only negative point about our stay. Either the cleaners are not use to the "do not disturb" sign written in several languages or they just need to be reminded that red means not no knock/enter.

Also one other point, we couldn't find a number in the room with which to ring the reception, we were only on the 2nd floor but wanted to check something at one point but just couldn't find a number, tried "0" try "R" but no joy. So maybe a lil sheet with useful times/numbers in the rooms would be good, the only info on the table was for room service.

On Sunday afternoon we asked the nice lady at the reception if they would print our boarding passes for us and she said yes. We just had to mail them our boarding passes and it was printed- that's what I call an excellent service.

Overall if you're on a budget/wise with money, this hotel is perfect, go for a premium room, use the metro and spend the extra on fine dining. 3 star hotel but not just any 3 stars, it's at the top of the chain among the others. I saw some other 3 stars hotel that I was looking at prior to our visit and I'm just so glad that we stayed at the Champerret Élysées. My husband and I would gladly return to this hotel when we are in Paris again.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Comforted
colorado
Reviewed 28 June 2014

All in all we had a very nice 2 night stay. Hotel is near, walking distance, from many of Paris attractions. Room was very small, but we managed as we only stayed in at night.
About 2' on 2 sides of the bed, none on the window side. If you have a suitcase you pretty much have to step over it. We stayed at the regular budget room.
If it wasn't for the room size, this place would be graded excellent.
So, with that in mind, I think its very good value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carmi2
Bordeaux, France
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Overnight stay, was very well located not far from the metro nor the RER. Definitly the biggest bedroom I've seen in a Parisien hotel in this price range. Area is quiet, but also close to a few good restaurants. Overall a good hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GothKitty
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Champerret-Elysée is a good hotel with small but clean rooms, with no breakfast or any other noteworthy amenities. But the value for money is very positive. It is located in a relatively quiet neighborhood, very close to the Champerret metro station and with rental bikes at one block. Restaurants in a walking distance - not the best in Paris - but enough to fulfill your needs. Everything you need to discover Paris and its unforgettable atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roberto324
Wirral,Merseyside
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had a 4 night stay here with my with and really enjoyed, I only wanted a reasonably price hotel as it was just going to use as base, but it was a lot nicer than i expected,
Staff were friendly and helpful and on hand 24hrs a day. The room was small but not a problem as very nicely decorated and very clean, also has a safe in the room included which was very handy, a lovely well kept bathroom with a shower i could have spent the day under. The hotel is on a busy road but once inside did not notice any noise.There is a nice seated area for drinks and the bar is open all night, ideal for a night cap after a long days exploring.
Perfect Location 10-15 min walk to the Arc de Triumph and lots of restaurants and bars close by, We did not have breakfast hear as there is a small patisserie outside that lovely fresh croissants and very cheap. The Metro Station is just outside but need to change a number of times for airport and attractions.
would recommend this hotel as great value for money in Paris

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple