“Very nice hotel and people”

Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris
Ranked #17 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Bucharest
“Very nice hotel and people”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Perfect for romantic city break, spent four nights there. Very nice and supportive front office manager. Elegant restaurants, very good meals and sensational breakfast. Very nice location and nice rooms.

1 Thank CDC563
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Merci Beaucoup as the French would say !
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a glowing review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed a romantic city break staying at Le Royal Monceau and were impressed by all our facilities, particularly the spectacular restaurants. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the whole team working in the kitchens and restaurants.

It is great to hear that you were also happy with your room and were well looked after by our dedicated team here. It really does make our day to read reviews so full of praise!

We look forward to welcoming you back to your Parisian home, Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris, very soon.

Ömer Acar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Easily accessible by the metro with the arc de Triomphe only a couple minutes walk away, Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris feels like like connection between old world luxury with modern technology and savoir vivre. The interior design of the hotel is first class. Even if I wasn't staying in the hotel, I would visit the hotel bar just to catch a glimpse of the beauty in the hotel. We stayed in one of the studio rooms for 3 days and for 2 people it was a perfect choice for that amount of time. The staff was so attentive and courteous. When I return to Paris, I will choose to stay at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles again and again.
I do wish I knew of the exhibition at the hotel while I was there--I wish I knew a bit more about that from the hotel.

Dear Sir/Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a fabulous review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

It is so pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay that much and would choose Le Royal Monceau again and again. Your description of the hotel’s design is just perfect; Philip Stark has done a wonderful job in combining traditional luxury with modern art and decor!

We are delighted to hear that you found our staff both attentive and courteous, I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the whole team here.

Thank you also for your feedback on the information provided about the exhibition, the views of our guests are invaluable to us. I will take on board all your comments and make sure more information is provided to guests concerning the exhibition in the hotel’s galerie d'art.

Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My daughter took me to Paris for my 70+ birthday and we stayed at this hotel. It was amazing! Nothing was ever too much for any of the staff. So peaceful to sit and have a drink at the end of the day and our rooms were brilliant. Top out of everything has to be the hidden TV. I thought that nothing could beat the wonderful rooms we had, the bathrooms, the dressing rooms, but imagine my amazement when, after a tiring day of sightseeing on my birthday, there was a knock on my door and on opening it found a staff member standing there, wishing me a happy birthday on behalf of the hotel and holding a wonderful birthday cake for me. My stay at this hotel will always be one of my happiest memories.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Madam,

Greetings from the City of Lights !

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

To hear that we were able to make your birthday in Paris even more special is all we can wish for! We are delighted to read that you were well looked after by our dedicated team and that the birthday wishes and cake was such a good surprise! It was our absolute pleasure.

NYC
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Just returned from Paris. We stayed at the lovely and elegant Le Royal Monceau just a few blocks from the Arc de Triomphe. The room was so elegant and well appointed. I hate to admit that the bathrooms are the highlight with the super techno toilets and mirrored tiles. But the rest of the room was also beautiful. The gym is an actual gym with good treadmills, ellipticals and weights, rather than the typical broken bike in a corner you often get at even nice hotels. And the pool is a real pool - I believe it is the longest swimming pool in Paris. Did not try the spa or cinema - wish we'd had time.

Also, must mention the pastries. In a city known for its pastries, the hotel's pastry chef Pierre Hermé takes the cake -- literally. I had never given macaroons much thought before the sampling left in our room but we were treated to some chocolate, raspberry and salted caramel macaroons. There is no describing the combination of taste and texture. It's worth a trip to Paris just for one bite of these cookies!

By the way - I would have never known about this hotel if it wasn't for the terrific travel agent we used called First In Service in New York City. They seem to know all the gems in terms of where to stay, what to see and where to eat. We got advice about the stuff you "must see" but also about the things only insiders can tell you. The hotel was their pick and it was perfection! Recommend both and of course recommend Paris.

Room Tip: Did not see the other rooms but we had a suite which was lovely.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Liz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a glowing review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor!

There is nothing better than hearing that guests leave with only magical memories of their time at Le Royal Monceau. It is great to read that you enjoyed your suite and were able to experience some of our wonderful facilities- the pool is indeed the longest in Paris.

It is a pleasure to hear also of how much you liked Pierre Herme’s macaroons; his whole selection is quite extraordinary!

Thank you again for your kind words, we will be sure to pass them on to the whole team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back your Parisian home, Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris, very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend in September. It was truly amazing and I loved it! The staff were very professional, kind and discreet.
The room was absolutely huge for a city hotel, and little things like the dressing room made it more special.
We had breakfast every morning of our stay and although a bit pricey - well worth the indulgence.
Will definitely return and would highly recommend, as truly everything was impecable! I cannot find fault!
My husband booked us a massage in the spa - the best ever! So relaxing and we even chilled out afterwards by the pool. There are a number of drinks and snacks you can help yourselves to.
My husband was even unwell on the last day and the hotel staff let him check out slightly later - I mean who does that these days!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a warm review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. There is nothing we enjoy hearing more than that a guest has had a truly wonderful experience at Le Royal Monceau!

It is a delight to read that you were pleasantly surprised by the size of your room and found out staff both kind and discreet. We always aim to go above and beyond to make our guest’s stay extra special!

We are so pleased that you had the chance to enjoy many of our facilities during your stay; especially the spa and pool- the longest in Paris! The fact that you could not find fault with us is a real compliment and I will personally pass on all your kind words to the team here; from those in the spa to those who assisted you at reception.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to your Parisian home, Le Royal Monceau, soon.

Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The opulence of old world France perfectly melded with today's modern luxuries. Le Royal Monceau, part of the Raffle's group, has been completely refurbished by Phillipe Stark. The glass, brass, chrome, mirrors, large pieces of modern art gracefully leaning against the walls, the high-tech hiden television. So much to appreciate. But open the window and look to the left for the perfect view of the Arc de Triomphe. All you can imagine with the professional staff that puts it all together. Book it!

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark R
Dear Sir,

Your description of the way in which Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris unites tradition and modernity is just perfect and it is a delight to read that you appreciated the intricate design of Starck.

It really makes our day to hear also that you were well looked after by our dedicated team here, we do aim to do all we can to make sure our guests have the best stay possible. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the whole team.

Claremont, California
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and I were impressed by the warm welcome everyone on the staff. The ambiance in the hotel is very warm and wonderful. Xavier helped me get my SIM card set up for a French phone number. Our Signature Suite was absolutely sumptuous, and Chef Laurent was very helpful with my husband's dietary needs. I had two spa treatments and loved them both. My Blend by Clarins Spa is a lovely refuge. The spa treatments by Marjorie were great, and the macaroons served afterwards--heavenly. Marc-Antonio did a great small wine tasting for us to give us a tour of French wines. Six days just wasn't long enough. I really recommend the hotel car/driver to take you back to the airport. The driver was great and the arrangements included someone to walk us through check-in, immigration and security. That was a bonus. We will definitely be back to Le Royal Monceau.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Mrs. Misner,

We really cannot thank you enough for taking the time to post such a sparkling review of your stay on TripAdvisor.

It really is an absolute delight to read such positive comments and we are all so pleased that both you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us so much and particularly that our team here took such good care of you!

It is a pleasure to hear that Chef Laurent was able to create a menu that suited your husband’s dietary requirements and we will be sure to pass on your kind words to Marjorie in the Spa. Thank you also for sharing your recommendation of the hotel driver, we are glad that such a service was able to further assist you in your travel home.

We look forward to welcoming both you and your husband back to your Parisian home.

Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris