“An exellent, intimate, small and quiet hotel with an excellent location close to Champs Elysees & Arc the Triumph” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel California Paris Champs Elysees

Hotel California Paris Champs Elysees
Ranked #425 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Orsta, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Not the cheapest choice in town, however, to celebrate my wife's birthday on July 14th we wanted a convenient location for our 3-days stay. Depending on the type of room booked, guests may experience different sizes of rooms and bathrooms. Cleanlyness, service and friendly hotel staff deserves an "Excellent" rating. Also, the breakfast quality including food choices available should be mentioned as excellent. If the booking is done directly on the Hotel California-web site, breakfast is included. When it comes to drink & food quality available in the small combined bar & restaurant, it is not able to match the hotel standard, even if the staff themself deserves a "Very Good" rating for their friendlyness. All in all, Hotel California deserves the "Excellent" rating.

Room Tip: Did have a de luxe room on 2nd floor, 100% quiet as it was facing the atrium, excellent size and a g...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CThiry, Directeur général at Hotel California Paris Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear client

Thank you for having chosen the Hotel California to celebrate your wife's birthday and for taking time to share your excellent experience on Tripadvisor.

We are more that delighted that our accomodations and our different services have been able to exceed your expectations and we do sincerely thank you for your generous compliments that we proudly shared with our entire and friendly staff.

Looking forward to welcoming you back and to thrill you once again.

Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel is right off the Champs Elysees which puts it in a prime location. 3 metro stops are within close walking distance (George V is the nearest). The staff is absolutely wonderful and so helpful. Our last day in Paris, the taxis drivers went on strike and we had too much luggage to be able to take the metro to Gare St. Lazare. The hotel staff made sure to find us a private driver at a reasonable rate to drive us to the train station. They are beyond friendly and accommodating. If traveling with family the family rooms are very spacious and quiet. The breakfast at the hotel is great. Make sure to book through their own website to be able to receive the free breakfast special. Our stay here was amazing and we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with your family make sure to book the family room as the room is very spacious...
Dear Parisa

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel California and for taking time to share your wonderful experience on Tripadvisor.

We are more than delighted that our accomodations, especially our familial rooms, and our different services have been able to meet your expectations.

We are glad that your enjoyed our great location and that our helpful staff contributed to the success of your stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Best regards

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed here for five nights on a business trip and had a pretty good stay. It didn't eclipse my usual choice in the neighborhood, but it's not a bad back-up at all.

The pros:
- The locations is very convenient, just 2 blocks from the center of the Champs-Elysees.
- The room was very clean, with a nice bathroom that had both a bathtub and a shower stall.
- The hotel gym was nicer than many: stationery bikes, a rower, a treadmill, a couple of weight machines and some free weights.
- The staff was very helpful and took care of requests promptly.

The cons:
- The in-room wi-fi was very unpredictable and slow at the best of times. After calling the technician twice, I learned how to re-set it myself (unplug the large black plug behind the TV, wait 5 minutes, then plug it back in).
- The rooms were small, albeit nicely furnished.
- The hotel breakfast buffet was decent, but it wasn't anything special and at 25 euros it was wildly overpriced.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 509, which had twin beds and faced the interior courtyard (so it was quiet but had...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CThiry, Directeur général at Hotel California Paris Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear guest

Let us first thank you for having chosen our charming hotel for your parisian stay and for taking time to leave us your kind review.

We are more than delighted that you appreciated the convenient location and the very helpful staff that we are fortunate to have, and that our accomodations have been up to your expectations.

We nevertheless regret the malfunctions of our internet access and assure you that our IT and Network provider are doing all their best to improve our system.

Our daily mission is to provide the warmest hospitality and necessary support to our guest.

Your remark concerning our breakfast has been taken with our utmost attention and we will be glad to welcome you back and to let you discover our new Breakfast room, that will open next Saturday, August 23rd.

Delray Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Hotels in Paris are expensive so was not sure what to expect. The staff was very friendly and helpful but was very dissatisfied with the room. Since staying in Paris for 5 days tried to unpack but there was no dresser in room, but cubbies in the closet were not enough for 2 people. The bathroom had a corner shower like a cruise ship along with a faucet that stuck out 6 inches from the wall giving you less room to move then a cruise ship. The shower doors didn't seal and a lake surrounded the shower after you use it. Need to use all the towels to wipe it up. An anchor just hanging out of the tile in the bathroom, a vanity with not much room to put much stuff on it when you are there for more than a few days. The alarm clock was completely off in time and we could not reset it. One of the helpful staff came up to reset and he could not but was able to open the safe that we also could not open when we got there. There was a chunk taken out of the old bar area when you walked in and wall damage around a door frame in the entry area of the rooms. The beds were so incredibly hard as well and had to sleep on top of comforter, but someone else may be fine with that. Saw a lot of nice rooms on the pictures of this hotel but we did not get any of those especially the bathroom. There was also no concierge and the staff may not know as much as you would expect. Changed hotels after one night.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Randee K
Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen the Hotel California Paris Champs-Elysées for your recent stay in Paris and for taking time to leave us your kind review.

We deeply regret that our accomodations have not been able to meet your expectations, and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back, to restore your confidence.

Our hotel is fortunate to have different types of rooms, and we are certain that one of them will correspond to your needs.

We thank you for your generous compliments that we proudly shared with our entire staff , and look forward to welcoming you back.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at Hotel California during my recent visit to Paris. It was perfect in every way, and exceeded my expectations. Great location, just minutes from Champs Elysees, nice lobby, very helpful staff who could speak English. We had requested a room with two beds. The room was surprisingly big and the bathroom was big and bright with upscale fixtures. A lot of nice marble everywhere. The beds were very comfortable, and I can honestly say that I slept there almost as good as I do at home. The hotel itself was squeaky clean and quiet. A nice bar in the lobby for a relaxing evening drink and chat with the friendly English speaking bartender. The hotel did look and was maintained like a 5 star hotel. We had the buffet breakfast there daily, and it was very nice. I could not have asked for more. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Arvpai
CThiry, Directeur général at Hotel California Paris Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear guest

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel California Paris Champs-Elysées and for taking time to share your successful experience on Tripadvisor.

We are more than delighted that our accomodations and our different services have been up to your expectations.

We could not expect more generous compliments that have been proudly shared with our entire & very helpful staff.

We are glad that you enjoyed the great and convenient location that we are fortunate to have, and we would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back in order to thrill you once again.

Wishing you a great Summer !

Best regards

Christiansted, St. Croix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is a cute, elegant hotel in the center of Paris. It is the perfect location for holiday with very close and easy access to the subways. It is just off the Champs Elysees with a supermarket just down the road which I found very useful in case you wanted to take some last minute french lollies home, We stayed there for the marathon and it couldn't be in a better location because the start line was virtually right there. The included breakfast which was Devine with beautiful french breads and a variety of foods. The staff were pleasant but were rather slack, but did the job. One thing that I was quite disappointed about was how they never played the song, "The Hotel California" I would have just added the icing on the cake to me!

Room Tip: Probably not best for very young kids as it isn't suited for that age group.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Holiday, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel was a great experience! The location is perfect, just off Champs Elysees and when you enter Champs Elysees there is a very close Metro station and the Arch de Triumphe is in full glorious view! The hotel was very clean and all the staff were friendly and welcoming. Everyone spoke English, which made our stay so much easier. One reason I picked this hotel is we are a party of 3 and they offer 3 twin beds! The area is safe and I must add, if you choose this hotel, DO NOT pass up a trip or TWO to Dragon Elysees Restaurant, which you will pass on the right, walking to Champs Elysees. They have everything! Reasonable prices, great tasting food, atmosphere and friendly English speaking staff. The entrance is a glass floor with fish swimming underneath. We had the pleasure of sitting upstairs with the water and fish swimming beneath us! I reviewed sooo many restaurants on TripAdvisor and did not see this one, if it is not there I will add it! If it is, I do not know how I missed it and I will give it a top-notch review. AND I highly recommend the PUB you will pass on the left on the way to Champs Elysees. We were there several times watching the World Cup matches. The atmosphere was great and so was the food! Back to the hotel...the only negatives I want to pass on is Be Aware of a hold amount the hotel desk clerk wants from you before checking in! I was a party of 3 and they wanted to hold $400 Euros IN CASE I charged something to the room. IF it was in the fine print I did not see it! During our 5 night stay, I over heard two different parties shocked of the additional charge and trying to make arrangements. I had to call my bank in the USA for another credit card, as I had not set up prior that I was traveling abroad and would be using that card. Another thing to be aware of is, if you need an iron, ask for it in advance. They are not in every room and i waited over an hour and it did not arrive. I went to the front desk and were told they had none but they would have the cleaning staff iron a shirt for me, that was very gracious but the iron came as I was returning from the front desk. They allow guest to use the irons but do not have a good system to get them back. When we returned from our long day of tourist activities,even though our room was made up, they left the iron and ironing board in our room. I moved it to the hall and it disappeared. The breakfast buffet from the hotel is fantastic, in my opinion. It was offered free, as we booked directly with the hotel website. I would recommend this hotel, comfortable beds, nice shower head and a bidet! Isn't that all you really need?

Room Tip: Try and check in early, if the room is ready the hotel will let you!

Dear Debra

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel California Paris Champs-Elysées and for taking time to share your great experience on Tripadvisor.

We are thrilled that you appreciated our perfect location, in the heart of the City of lights, and our friendly and welcoming staff that made your stay more comfortable.

Our daily mission is to provide the warmest hospitality and necessary support to our guests. Please be assured that your remarks concerning our check-in process and ironing service have been taken with our utmost consideration.

We would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back and we wish you a great Summer !