“multiple staying” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #158 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“multiple staying”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

adorable hotel, outstanding service. Stayed at the hotel on multiple occasions, and always a pleasure to come back, always welcomed. Great room decoration, nothing to be disappointed about, i will come back !

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank simonneam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is a very nice little hotel vwith a perfect location. Very good breakfast. There is no need to stay at big overprized luxury hotels when things can be done as cosy as this. There is a big chance we'll be back

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roger M
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I've been spoiled on recent business trips to Paris, staying at wonderful places like the Four Seasons George V and the Prince de Galles. Don't get me wrong, these are fabulous hotels, but today's prices (over $1000 a night), are too high. I researched and researched online and found the Hotel Francois 1er around the corner from the Prince de Galles. I'm very fussy about the appearance of the hotel room I stay in and was impressed with both the professional and travelers' photos I saw on the site. The rooms more than lived up to the website shots.

I stopped by the hotel two days before I checked in and asked to be shown several rooms. Concierge and his team happily complied. When I saw the rooms I knew I had made the right choice of hotels.

My stay was perfect. Arrived a little after noon and was checked in immediately. On departure day asked for a late checkout (2 PM) and that was no problem.

Good service every day. Quiet floor. I was traveling alone, so a couple might find a standard room a bit small (go for the executive level). Staying at the Francois 1er is more like staying at a private house or apartment (no big lobby bustle if that's what you're looking for.) Right around the corner from the Champs Elysees. Lots of good dining in the area. Will definitely return to this gem.

Room Tip: I liked 601 and 507
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Catherine P
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I booked this hotel as a 3rd choice--my other two preferred hotels were already booked. I was looking for this location which is ideal and for a boutique hotel. We got a room at Francois 1er for 5 nights, an "Executive" room (which only meant it comes with a King bed--it did not translate to a bigger sized room) and felt the price was high (~510 or 550 Euros/night) so I had some high expectations given this price. The room was clean, doors opened to a walk out balcony that faced the interior (non street side) so was quiet at night. That was all good. The cleaning staff was attentive and efficient. The hotel staff was not so much. We would come in from a day of walking around Paris around 5:30pm and go to the "bar area" for a glass of champagne. It seemed that this was not the norm. Sometimes we had to search for the bartender. One afternoon, one of the cleaning people got us our champagne as there was no bartender on duty. He seemed very put out by our request. Very strange. The breakfast area is in a windowless basement. Its wallpaper is cheery, but generally too depressing to eat downstairs when there are so many great little cafes around the area to have one's cafe au lait and pain au chocolat. When we inquired about getting a taxi or car back to Charles de Gaulle, this was also problematic. I had to check several times that this was taken care of, each time they seemed confused, and I asked (in French!) if the car/driver accepted credit cards. "Main bien sur Madame," I was told. This was not the case as we arrived at CDG and had to search for an ATM to pay the driver 75 Euro. All in all, this was a great location hotel but overpriced for the inattentive and weird service we got. I wish my first choice, Hotel Keppler, only a block away, had been available.

Room Tip: If you want space and not have to sleep 2 feet from the bathroom door, splurge for the "Suite&q...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank LaLaw62
KepplerManager, Directeur général at Hotel Francois 1er, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Guests,

First of all thank you so much for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Paris. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you had with our bar and the reception.
I will personally investigate why the barman wasn't behind his bar where he normally is.
Last 2 weeks we did have the painting renovation going on in the ground floor which left a bit less space in the bar area. So of course we did more room service but you should have at least seen our barman in between the services. I'm very sorry.
And also I will talk to everyone at the reception desk. Normally the taxis that we use should take the credit cards but sometimes the drivers don't respect any rules at all. I ask the reception to find out if possible who was the driver that you had. We definitely want to avoid this person and send a note about him to the taxi company. Thank you so much for letting us know..
We all wish you nice autumn and thank you for your comments. We always try to improve our service so we have taken good note of everything.

Kind regards

Alain Lagarrigue
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed recently at hotel Francois. Booked on a short notice. No previous Paris visit, this hotel has a perfect location off the Champ, just behind the Louis Vitton flagship store. From the bellman to the manager to the breakfast staff, all personnel were very helpful, courteous and promp everyday we were there. Had a beautiful king bed , small, but large by European standards, quiet and wonderfully comfortable and beautifully decorated. Good price for location, we did a tremendous amount of walking from this location with ease. Will definitely use this beautiful hotel on our return trips to Paris.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bayoaks
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I chose this hotel based on trip-advisor reviews and boy am I glad! This was my fourth time to Paris and this is the best hotel by far that I have stayed in. As soon as we arrived we had a warm welcome from reception, given a map of Paris and shown to our room 3 hours earlier that the usual check-in time. I asked for a early check in and I got it (first time EVER this has happened to me). The room was lovely and I was surprised to find out that the room was such a nice size as I had seen some comments that said the room and bed where small. I did not find this to be the case at all the hotel and bed were all "normal" size of what I expect in a hotel. This got me thinking -maybe it's considered small by American standards? But by british standards its not. The hotel is spotless, breakfast is lovely, staff where all so polite, welcoming and friendly. The hotel is also just a minute walk away from the champs élysées which was fab!!!! I definitely want to stay here again but next time I want to bring my two children, but when I go online to book it seems you can't book one room for a family of four.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank buttonq
Saratoga Springs, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed here on the first leg of our honeymoon. The hotel is wonderfully located if you don't mind walking a bit. We were able to walk to Notre Dame, The Louvre and the Eiffel Tower. Plenty of good restaurants in the area. They serve a nice breakfast buffet (nothing to write home about but good enough. Save your hunger for lunches anyway). The room was small. Very small. The elevator can comfortably fit 3 people, 2 with luggage. It is appointed in a lovely fashion throughout. The walls are thin so the second the cleaning staff get's at it you'll know. When back in Paris I will stay elsewhere, but it's a nice place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple