“stay away from this trap. avoid at all cost.”
Review of Hotel Francois 1er

Hotel Francois 1er
Ranked #321 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 23 April 2014

So my story with this hotel is terrible and is just escalates to a terrible ending which led to me spending 6 more hours at cdg airport read on before you decide to book. My journey started on the 18th of april, I had made my reservation via expedia and and was meant to stay there for 5 days. When I arrived on the hotel at 4 pm, Mr Ludovic who was at the front desk said he was expectng me already, because he had no room for me and would have to accomodate me on hotel Keppler which is twp blocks away. I move to francois 1er on sunday. In the last day there cloae to midnight. Mr reda trues to screw me for Almost 400 euros more for extras suck as breakfast and room rates that escalated. I had paid up front in the first day.i am berated and treated like a lier by mr Reda. Almost one hour later he gets in touch woth mr Ludpvic, sorts things out. I pay the 134 for extras that I do owe. Pack my things in 5 minutes ans hit the airport. Dont go there. Avoid thi trap at all costs.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
10  Thank du_repi_unda
KepplerManager, Propriétaire at Hotel Francois 1er, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear TripAdvisor Readers and Sir,

When we make mistakes, we apologize and learn from them but YOUR STORY IS NOT TRUE!
You were unfortunately drunk when you came from the CASINO in the middle of the
night. You told our night receptionist that you had LOST a big amount of MONEY and wanted
to leave right away. With the room bill you started to behave aggressively and scream to our night receptionist Reda who was shocked. When booking with Expedia, the breakfasts are NEVER included so we did not scam you. In the end Reda offered your breakfast just to calm down the situation. Also the taxi driver who drove you from the Casino to the hotel left because of you aggressive behaviour. We are very sorry for the money that you lost in the Casino but to TAKE IT ON US IS DEFINETLY NOT FAIR.

Owners of the Hotel.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel at the end of March 2014. We were absolutely satisfied with the location (quiet street yet very close to Champs Elysees), classy room design, cleanliness, very good breakfast (big selection of everything I believe for 22 euros/person but comparing to eating outside it was a bargain, ). The staff was very helpfull , especially thanks for finding and sending some photos we have left in the room to our address. Overall a very nice experience, also thanks to Tripadvisor (we are eliminating the bad hotels right in the beginning by reading the reviews).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We just got back from Paris and a three night stay at Hotel Francois Premier. This is one of the friendliest hotels we have stayed at in Paris. When we arrived our room wasn't ready yet (we were there early in the morning) and they offered to feed us breakfast. After giving us maps we headed out for the day. When we returned they were all set and our bags were in our rooms. The rooms are small, typical for Paris but very nice. Huge flat screen TVs. We had their breakfast the next morning and it was fabulous but not included in the price of the room. Also typical. The next day we opted for croissants and McDonalds which are fabulous. The location of the hotel is wonderful. A two minute walk from the Champs de Élysées and the George V Metro stop. Great stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This beautiful hotel, located in a great area on a quiet street is a real gem. We arrived early morning after an 11 hour flight. Ashmi, the hotel manager greeted us warmly. Although check in was only at 2 pm, Ashmi made us understand he would do whatever he could to give us a room as soon as possible. We went to have a coffee in the breakfast room, and when we were done, a lovely clean room was offered to us. Ashmi made us feel welcome and important. His interest in us really enhanced our stay. All of the hotel staff were helpful and friendly. Great breakfast too! Very comfortable beds, well appointed bathrooms, great water pressure in showers.
I highly recommend this hotel!!
......and thank you again Ashmi!

Room Tip: We were in room 104, very quiet and very comfortable
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We went to stay two nights and without even asking we got upgraded from our standard room for our second night by the extremely helpful staff and a complimentary bottle of champagne was provided.Location great and a surprisingly good breakfast.

Room Tip: go for a room away from the road.
Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I decided to bring my family along with me during a business trip in Paris, being that my son was having his mid term break at school.
Being that during the day I would have been busy with some meeting, I decided to book an hotel nearby the Eiffel Tower and the Arc of Triumph so that my wife and son could easily walk around and have good time in my absence.
The choice was excellent because this hotel is just walking distance from Champs-Elysees and Rue George V and less than 10 minutes far from the Eiffel Tower. The hotel personnel was truly kind and polite however the room, No. 403 booked as a triple and supppsed to be larger than a standard double room, was not enough spacious for three persons and the bathroom was quite small indeed. Furthermore the king size bed was very confortable whilst the bed added for my kid was really small and not confortable enough, so we ended to sleep three of us on the king size bed not utilizing at all the extra bed.
Overall our stay at this hotel was great and we will certainly consider again to book a room here when back to Paris next time.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Great location if you wanna be in that area. Cozy feeling. The breakfast was nice and relaxed. On check in it was a mix up with the room, no twin beeds, so instead we were - without any fuzz -given two rooms instead of one. All in all: great relaxed service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business