“Excellent Stay at Le Claridge”

Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees
Ranked #591 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife, daughter and I spent 5 nights in a one bedroom suite with a king-sized bed on the 4th floor. As everyone mentions, the location is great. Monoprix supermarket is a few minutes away if you want drinks etc, 10 minutes walk from L'Arc de Triomphe and shopping.

Our room faced the courtyard and was very quiet. Breakfast has a few hot selections, and a good selection of cheeses, but the best part is the fresh-squeezed orange juice. What a luxury.

And, there were quite a few people who made our stay very comfortable, a young gentleman at the front desk, and the manager of the restaurant where we took breakfast every morning. When I mentioned that the built-in refrigerator in the kitchen wasn't working, the front desk staff immediately delivered a brand-new full-sized refrigerator to our room! We had some other issues as well, but all were deftly and quickly handled.

Unfortunately, our luggage (which contained all of our warm clothes) did not make it to Paris with us. The front staff called the airline on my behalf to urge them to deliver our bags, and that effort was truly appreciated. They also made reservations for a half-day tour of Versailles for us. All in all, everyone went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. And, we saw Shakira launch a new perfume at the Sephora next door. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Courtyard facing rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank biwakocat
BMKParis, Directeur général at Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your comments about Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs Elysées.
We are very glad to read that you had a very good stay with us.
We really focus to provide our very best to our guest and I am very happy you noticed our team made your stay very confortable. This is our first target.
Bertrand MAÏK
General Manager Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs Elysées.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have stayed in a one bedroom apartment for 56 nights on a business trip. The idea was to change hotels and try different ones in Paris. The apartment was one floor and not a duplex style with views over the champs elysees. Standing on the room balcony while watching lady gaga makes mer way to Sephora to launch her new perfume made me feel very exceptional.

I've never felt the need to change the hotel and sacrifice the spacious appartment for a small luxurious room. The service was really outstanding and the staff were really helpful in addressing my every need.

The most amazing thing about the hotel is the location, in the centre of the champs elysees and few steps away from Franklin Rosvelt metro station. Everything you need is within few steps away from you.

There is only one thing that bothered me that the wireless signal in the rooms in higher floors is a little weak. Maybe a signal amplifier would give a better wireless coverage.

Room Tip: A suite or an apartment with views over the champs elysees.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank NasserHS
LudovicRivaux, Directeur général at Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Dear Guest,

My team and myself would like to thank you for your nice comment about our property.
Thank you as well to stay with us for 56 nights.
You are very exceptional and I hope to welcome you back very soon.
We have improved last month our WiFi system with optical fiber to high speed the connection.
As a very special guest, don't hesitate to contact me directly for any request you may have.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for 4 adults and 1 toddler in this hotel. The location is absolutely amazing, you really couldn't get better in terms of sight seeing and being right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the heart of the city. It was such a lovely surprise considering where it is located that our room was so beautifully quiet.

The kitchen is brilliant, really just what you need and all very modern appliances which helped us make anything we needed from breakfast to dinner.

As some other people have said the oddest thing really is the amount of space you have an how badly it's used! We had an extra room in our apartment that had nothing in it but for a desk and 1 chair, if they had moved the sofa bed in there it would have been a 3 bed apartment !

The toilet / bathroom arrangement was also a little odd but thankfully we had 2 toilets, it's just that they weren't in the bathrooms !

I'd say no one particularly went out of their way to be helpful or to make you feel very welcome. Especially not the doormen, when we arrived we were very warmly welcomed.... by the doorman from the Marriott next door ! and not helped at all by our own doorman, despite having bags and cases galore and a toddler and pushchair!

So overall, i'd say if you're looking for an impersonal "apartment" rental experience with the bonus of daily cleaning and you can afford the pretty pricey tariff then you should go for le Claridge.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
BMKParis, General Manager at Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience following your recent stay in our property. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our Guests, which helps us in our constant aim to achieve the highest quality standards.

It is with pleasure that I have noted your excellent comments regarding the size of your suite and the services that make us positively different. However you mentioned the fact that the organization of the Suite which could be better. This is why we have started a renovation work for a better quality and I hope that you will enjoy it during a future stay in Paris.

Concerning the team manner, it is with great concern that that I read that it was not to your expectations, for which I sincerely apologize. Your comments will be shared with the whole team as we consider that a warm welcoming and helpful attitude is due to our guests.

We really hope to welcome you again in Paris. Please, feel free to contact my office directly when making your arrangements for your next visit to Fraser Suites Le Claridge and I would be delighted to assist you with the reservation.

Have a nice day
Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs Elysées

Reviewed 16 February 2013

I had had enough of the famously small hotel rooms in Paris for high prices. I decided to go to this "suite" hotel and was very pleasantly surprised. The room I had was huge and there was a separate kitchenette, fully equiped, even including a dishwasher, as well as a separate bathroom. I felt like a king, and had breakfast and - on some nights - dinner in the hotel room after doing some shopping in the nearby Monopole supermarket. Some reviews note run down rooms, underfurnished. This was not what I experienced.
It is great to just step outside and be in the busiest part of the Champs-Elysees, with the FNAC store just next to the hotel.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.
I'm looking forward to my next stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Wintberg53
BMKParis, General Manager at Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your nice comments about our property.
This is really appreciated by all the team.
Your description regarding our product is exactly the Fraser vision : Make the difference
A very good Location,Large Suites with a lot of space, kitchen fully equipped, shopping nearby, in Suite dining area and to anticipate the customer needs.
Thank you so much to be a so good Ambassador of Fraser Suites Le Claridge !!!
We will welcome you again with great pleasure and great honor.

Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs Elysées

Reviewed 30 January 2013

We booked the room for the kitchen facilities in the suite. This became a pleasant surprise. The room was a two floor apartment with living room, dining room, kitchen on the main floor, and private bedroom and washroom on the second floor. The room was clean, the cleaning staff were exceptional maintaining the kitchen. Fantastic location, walking distance to the metro. Free Nespresso coffee at the front desk.

The staff were all very attentive, helpful and personable. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
BMKParis, Directeur général at Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for a such good comment about our property and services.
We know we are not the best, but each day we are doing our very best.
I will share you comment with my team and be sure they will be very happy and proud.
We really hope to welcome you again in Paris very soon.
Wishing you a very nice day
Bertrand MAIK
Fraser Suites Le Claridge

Reviewed 22 October 2012

As three adults visiting Paris we booked an appartment with one bedroom to sleep 4 people.
The appartment lacked instructions on how to use the TV, dishwasher and microwave. The layout of the appartment was poor, the bedroom needed a door on the room instead of the corridor and the toilet would have been better next to the bathroom to give some pivicy.
Having said that the location was good and the appartment clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We have stayed at a number of excellent Fraser Suites worldwide, but this one was extremely disappointing. As with other reviewers I agree that the location is excellent, but the standards of the hotel fall well short of what I would consider to be four star. The two bed room apartment we rented was spacious, but could be only described as scruffy with scuffed paintwork, stained and damaged furniture, dirty glasses and cutlery and the distinct impression that low level lighting and furniture such as armchairs had been removed or not replaced.

The cleaning regime was also pretty lax during our stay, but in general the staff were helpful and responded quickly to the lack of utensils such as a cork screw and a non functioning telephone.

While the experience of the Claridge did not spoil our trip to Paris it did leave me somewhat irritated that I chose Fraser Suites in the expectation of a certain standard of accomodation and ignored other similarly priced options as a result . A mistake that I will not be making in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family