“Air condition didnt work ! And the answer was I cant do any thing for you today !!!!”

Hotel Etoile Saint-Honore by HappyCulture
Ranked #330 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 15 August 2014

All was fine until i report a problem in the A/C were they could not fix it and simply offered me to upgrade with an extra charge to another room or open the window and sleep tonight until the technician come in the next day !!!
One more thing , they refuse to cancel my booking and threat me to charge me for the night if moved to other hotel !

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Izzeldeen
Sales S, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Etoile Saint-Honore by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2014

Dear Izzeldeen,

We deeply regret the A/C problem you encountered in your room.
We sincerely regret that the technical problem haven’t been solve the day you told us. We actually process to a complete check-up on this, and really hope to resolve all problem before the next summer.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please feel free to contact me. I will be glad to meet you.

My personal details: guest-relations@my-paris-hotel.com

Nadège, guest relation

There are newer reviews for Hotel Etoile Saint-Honore by HappyCulture

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had two rooms in the hotel, which is being renovated. Good location nearby many monuments and museums. One of the room was at the top floor with balcony with a fantastic view over The roofs and the Eiffel Tower. The other one was to the calm back side, without a balcony but bigger. Really great. Excellent and friendly staff. Good buffet breakfast. Quick breakfast possible from 5 am for those who have to leave early.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Catharina S

Dear Catharina,

Thank you very much for this nice review and for giving us 5 stars!

We will forward your support to our team.
Moreover,our staff was glad to serve you and satisfy your requests.

Thank you very much for this nice review and your kind words for our breakfast staff.

Nadège-Guest relations

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The staff at the desk were helpful and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable with the exception of the non-working TV. The HUGE problem that was never resolved was a loud larger group that was in the room next door - screaming, slamming doors, TV blasting, etc. We complained nightly and hotel management never did anything about it! The walls must be extremely thin - whole conversations were heard! Sleep was out of the question!

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Pouncie 127
We thank you for sharing your review.
First and foremost we would like to apologize for the experience you had concerning your stay in our hotel.
I would have been glad to meet you and offer you a solution during your stay in order to accommodate you in the best way possible.
The satisfaction of our customers being of utmost importance to us, we truly hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your faith towards our property.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were upgraded upon check in (But I think this was due to it not being peak season). The hotel room was spacious, clean and the staff member who greeted us was friendly and informative. The only down side would be the location... and in our complimentary minibar there was a can of lemonade already open and the hotel walls are very thin- We were woken up at 7am by neighbours!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Marco C, General Manager at Hotel Etoile Saint-Honore by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

Dear Natasha,

thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding you stay with us.

We love to pamper our guests and as far as we can, we offer higher catgory of rooms free of charge!

We took good note of your comment and wish to inform you that, some actions have been taken in order not to have such a problem in the future. We wish to express our sincerest apologies for any incovenience caused.

We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon back to our property.

best regards

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel is supposedly a four star hotel. It is a two star hotel at best. We checked into this hotel and - it is not located in the best part of the city, the room smelled like cigarette smoke, there were stains on the carpet (and I mean large stains; it probably had not been replaced in 10 years), and there is a large building being built right beside this place. If you pay $80/night, then you got what you paid for. If you pay $100+ then you are getting ripped off. We booked three nights and they would not let us check out without paying for all our nights. They finally relented and let me out by paying for the night I stayed. Interesting enough, trip advisor did not ask me for a review (like the rest of the hotels we stayed in Europe) I had to go online and post it myself. It is a true flea bag hotel. The hotel staff argued with us and showed us other rooms and they all were terrible.

Room Tip: Tell them you want the side without construction.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles A

Dear Charles,

first and foremost I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comment with us.

I would like to express my sincerets apologies if we were not able to meet you expectations this time and would like to draw you attention on some information which was not give correctly to you.

The suppléments you are talking about are to have access to higher categories of rooms such as privilege rooms or Junior suite with balcony and view over the Eiffel Tower or Sacre cœur.

Unfortunately your reservation was a non refundable reservation, like Airlines tickets, we basically have no right to rembourse as we pay commissions on those nights anyway. But depite this we finally allowed you to check out and without any additional fee. This is really a defeat for us as we were not able to find a valuable solution to your expectations.

Concerning tripadvisor, you usually have to go on your own to leave a review since tripadvisor is not a reservation website but just a free review website which does not have any way to check if you really went to the place. It is a simple forum which allows travellers leave comments on their experiencies in a totally free way.

We thank you again for your comments and assure you that they al have been taken into deep consideration.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Amazing staff very friendly always with a smile. Alexandra that work on reception was very helpful another staff that worked on the night shift she was really friendly I didn't get her name but she was also vey helpful with a lovely smile. big size room for Paris nice and clean. Your mini bar has free soft drinks this is great for when you arrive. the location is great you can walk to many site from the hotel train station is only a 10 min walk . I highly recommend this hotel to anyone I would defiantly come and stay at this hotel on my next visit to Paris.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alisha r

Dear Alisha,

We are extremely happy about your experience with us and for rating us 5 stars, that means we are going to the right direction.

The whole team from housekeeping to reception and breakfast work hard to make your stay as much confortable as possible and we are happy to learn that we succed.

We all hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel soon in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

When we checked into our room we were greeted by a near empty minibar containing a half drunken bottle of water and a loose light fitting swinging gently above one of the beds. The room was clean and cleaned regularly and was of a decent standard. However below what would be expected of a four star hotel. The walls were very thin and so you could hear discussions in adjacent rooms and we were woken up every morning by the tv in a neighbouring room. There was also a mix up over the breakfast buffet, which upon asking we had been told was free, but the extortionate fee had been added to our bill. We were also told wrong information about checkout which caused us to rush home early from a days sighseeing. Would not recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emily S

Dear Emily S,

first ando foremost I would liek to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

My team and myself would like to express our sincerest apologies for not having met your expectations this time.

We took into deep consideration your comments and would do our utmost to fix the incoveniences you experienced during your stay.

I will be more than happy to assist you personnally if you will give us the possibility to show you that we Worth your patronage as our guests wellbeing and satisfactions are our priorities.

Fell free to contact me personally at mcalderone@my-paris-hotel.com

We all remain at your disposal for any further assistance you might need.