“Poor room”

Hotel Elysees Opera
Ranked #1,109 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
“Poor room”
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

First we were lucky to confirm the reservation 2 weeks before arriving, they lost our online reservation, hence they had to make a new one. second the room when we got was infront of the reception and under the stairs. We herd peole talking on the lobby and the air conditioner was not working.

3 Thank Eduardo G
champerretparis, Responsable commercial at Hotel Elysees Opera, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Eduardo G
First of all thank you to take your time to write a comment to us.
Every comment is very important to understand where we need to improve to give the best service we can.
We are very sorry for the inconvient you had with the reservation and air condition was repaired in the room.
Even if we didn't show you our best perfomance, we hope you can choose us again for your next stay in Paris, we learn a lot from our little mistakes.
Best regards Cynthia and the Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chicago
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed here for 4 days as an American solo traveler who doesn't know French. So you can imagine I found the staff so helpful! The Hotel is located about 10 minutes walk to Moulin Rouge and from two metro stops. The room was clean, a good size with comfortable bed, closet w/mirror, Tv mounted on wall, upholstered chair and desk area. There was a pleasant view of the street from the french door window area overlooking the street. Shower and sink was behind one door while toilet was behind one door. Interesting how it was separated which didn't bother me at all. Can't complain about the room at all! I didn't get the breakfast when I booked hotel because I planned on eating out of the hotel. The room doesn't have an iron but the staff directed me to a level of the hotel when they had iron/ironing board set up for me to iron all my clothes. The staff were so helpful!They helped with the metro and bus routes and making reservation to restaurants. I felt safe the whole time I was there. I would stay at Elysees Opera Hotel again when I'm in Paris and would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Chin O
champerretparis, Responsable commercial at Hotel Elysees Opera, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Chinwe O

Thank you very much for extremely nice comment for our Hotel Elysees Opera.

We have really appreciate as you have loved our room, and our service, we work hard everyday to give best service we can for our guests.

We are really looking forward to have you our guest again
Hof, Germany
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Nice Hotel, clean room and very friendly and helpfull stuff. Only parking is a real expensive problem - 4 days for 134? wie had to pay in europe parking. Vincinity full of bulangeries, bistros and Italien restaurants. Nearby three metrostatons to get downtown in reasonsble time.

1 Thank George_412_2
Dear George_Sch_412
Thanks to have left a comment to our hotel.
You found very nice the position of our hotel actually near by main gare Saint Lazare and various metro and bus lines.
Paris
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Tiny room. No bath. No iron. No tea/coffee in room.No restaurant,only buffet breakfast. Supposed to be superior double room in 3 star hotel. Location great. Staff friendly and helpful. Expected a lot more.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Bruce R
We thank you to wrote a comment to our Hotel Elysees Opera.
We like to hear your impressions to give always a better service.
Actually we have rooms with bath they are called "Deluxe", and we have an iron workstation just ask previously at the reception.

That's great you found our reception service very friendly.
Hope to have you our guest again
YAVNE
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Clean room, very helpful reception staff speak English. around the hotel many restaurants, supermarkets and bakeries. Within a radius of 1000 m 2 different metro lines. Walking 20-30 minutes from montmartre the Opera and gallery Lafayette.expansiv and simple breakfast Better to eat outside

Room Tip: the superior double room is beter then double
Dear RAMI K
Thanks to have left a positive comment to our hotel Elysees Opera.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Been to Paris couple of times. If possible, I will stay in the Opera area which is more decent and quieter compared to other areas. This time I stayed at Elysees Opera Hotel which has high credits in Tripadvisor and after staying for 2 nights I found it deserves all of them.

Location: close to Rome and Liege MTR.

Staff: speak English and helpful.

Maid service: good, maintained clean room. Have chats with two maids and they are friendly.

Room: compact but adequate. Flat TV hang on the wall. Many channels including NHK, CCTV and some Middle East channels. A little couch. Writing desk and chair. Toilet and bath area separated, shower area large enough. The whole design is such that the toilet and bathroom's doors open to the corridor instead of open directly to the bed - I like the design very much.

Restaurants nearby: step out of the hotel, on your left 20 steps away, there is a Japanese restaurant run by Chinese. Lunch and dinner same price menu - 12-15 Euros for a set including sashimi, grilled meat, rice and miso.

Some recommendations: I took a taxi there from Gare du Nord (12.5 Euros plus 1 Euro for the luggage which is a good bargain particulary if you have 2 or more people) and the driver directly dropped me off in front of the hotel BUT I SIMPLY CANNOT GO INTO THE HOTEL BECAUSE IT WAS BLOCKED BY PARKED CARS EVEN A 5 INCHES WIDE LUGGAGE AND A 115 POUNDS OF ME CANNOT GO THROUGH. I think the hotel can erect some signs outside to ask the drivers to at least leave some area for the access to the hotel.

Hotel can keep some kettles for the guests to borrow. It is not mainly for having hot drinks like tea or coffee where the hotel says you can order from the bar. It is for boiling hot water where some people like me from the Asian who only drink boiled water instead of tap water.

Warning: Don't go to the snack shop in the road of Batignolies on the way to the Rome MTR which has colourful plastic chairs. They have a sign in French and English saying that breakfast is for 7 Euros including coffee, juice, bread, eggs and ham, but in fact it is 7 Euros "UP". I finally paid 12 Euros for a bad coffee, nasty croissant, some scrambled eggs and orange juice. For that price you can have breakfast at the hotel.

Shared shuttle to the aiport. Booked for 26 Euros for one person. It was late for 20 minutes. Although I have allowed for sufficient time, I finally cancelled it and asked for a refund. You have to pay in advance and there is a chance that they can be very late. I finally run to the streets and hailed one (there are plenty of taxis in fact) and paid 48.5 Euros. It took only 30 mins to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank LucerneSau
Dear LucerneSau
Firstly many thanks to let a comment to our Hotel Elysees opera.

That's wonderfull you found our Hotel awesome and that you have loved a lots our rooms.

Looking forward to see you again at our hotel
Best regards from Cynthia and the staff
Reviewed 23 June 2013

hello All!!! My Partner and I stayed here and I loved every moment! the staff were warm/friendly, great location closer to public transport, little cafe's and bakeries were delightful. Highly recommend this place - they say Paris can be rude but we did not feel any of that! Also room was small but enough for us! great idea to place the loo and the bathroom in separate rooms instead of together in one! two very happy customers :)

3 Thank Disneyz
Dear Disneyz
Thank you very much to write a comment on our Hotel Elysees Opera.

We are happy to know that you have a nice wellcoming, we really take care of it.
We see also you have liked a lot the position of our hotel to better enjoy the city reaching all the place you wanted as leisure as restaurants.

We are very looking forward too have you still our guest again
Yours sincerly from Cynthia and the Staff