“Good wee hotel”

Ranked #586 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good wee hotel”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed here in July 2014 for 4 nights with my husband and our 2 sons, our boys had the room next door to us,so was really convenient,the hotel was lovely,good size rooms(for paris)nice bathroom with a very good shower,comfy beds and friendly,helpfull staff,only downside was we were at the front of the hotel and there was a lot of traffic noise all night,but can't really blame the hotel for that,also they only gave you 1 small soap,body milk and box of 3 cotton buds for a 4 night stay,good job I always bring my own stuff!!! They did have an espresso machine in the room which my husband made good use off,overall good hotel would stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 0Paris
La_Directrice, Responsable relations clients at Best Western Premier Le Swann, responded to this review, 6 October 2014
"Dear guest,

Thank you so much for this kind comment! We truly appreciate the time you took to write it, and its laudatory content. We feel very pride you also complimented the staff; be sure we will pass the nice comment! I really hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Best Regards,
"

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in July, 2014. Our hotel was very well located, 20-25 minutes walk from most tourist sites - Notre Dam, Latin Quarter, Louvre, Montmarte, Champs Elysees.

The hotel was very close to Metro stations as well. However, we did not use the same as we preferred to walk.

We heard the rooms in Paris are generally small but we were happy with the size of ours. More than enough space for 2 people.

The room was neat & well kept & the air con worked just fine. The reception desk was helpful at all times, other than 1 incident we had with a rude manager.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for people wanting to stay in a good hotel which is reasonably priced

2 Thank atulgupta2014
La_Directrice, Directeur général at Best Western Premier Le Swann, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for this nice comment. We are glad you enjoyed your trip in Paris. Concerning the incident with the manager, you can send us an email if you want to explain us what happened so that we can try to understand.
Once again, thank you for your comment on your stay.
We hope to see you soon.
The Best Western Premier le Swann’s team
Brighton
Reviewed 22 July 2014

What a surprise I had. Upon arrival at the Swann I was immediately told they had no rooms and had got me a room in the Timohotel next door. My reservation was in writing, made three weeks before and it clearly stated Best Western Swann Premier. I travel to Paris every month and always use Best Western, usually in the 5th or 6th quarter. I have a gold loyalty card.
I was given no advance warning. When I challenged the change both before and after I'd gone to my 'new' room in the Timotel the reception staff gave me no other option, I feel tricked.The hotels are no way at the same level of comfort. BE careful with the Swann and check your reservation! I can only rate the BW swann as terrible as I never even saw a room!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank 104NickJD
Dear guest,
Thank you for leaving a comment on your experience with us, whether it is a good or bad one.
I wish we could have contacted you regarding the issues that occurred on the same day, but we had no contact details at all on the reservation form we had been provided with. As a matter of fact, we were coping with major internet issues on the same day, and have not been able to control the amount of booking coming on the same day. We did our best to compensate, and booked a room for you in the hotel next door, which is a four star hotel too.
I understand that you were expecting one of our brand new rooms, and I am truly sorry we could not fulfil your wishes. Nevertheless, I do hope to see you again, so that you can experience our hotel in optimal conditions. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Best Regards,
The Best Western Premier le Swann's team.
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

First of all-the rooms were small. Not much room to walk around beds-expect to bump into anyone you stay with. But my mom's favorite of 7 hotels we stayed in on our trip-beautiful decor and just overall experience. Reading other reviews for the same time we stayed-there was definitely some staff more cheerful and helpful than others....but nothing that would stop me from highly recommending the hotel. Not too close to amenities, but a short walk to the metro station/square full of restaurants and shops. Really enjoyed short conversations with bar/front desk staff who were very friendly despite my choppy French. Excellent!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Karen,
Thank you for this “Excellent” comment 
About the room we have 3 different types of room: the superior double room (I guess it is the room you had), the executive room (bigger and overlooking the courtyard) and finally the junior suite (the biggest with one room/lounge and then the bedroom with the bathroom and also overlooking the courtyard): so why not try another one the next time?
Even if we are in a residential area we are really close from all the touristic places in Paris. For example, the Opera and the Gallerie Lafayettes are at about 15 minutes walk.
We hope to see you again soon.
Best regards
The Best Western Premier le Swann’s team.
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very nice hotel, the staff were friendly and very helpful.

Our check in was very quick and easy. Our room was pretty small but it was well presented with a flat screen TV and a iphone/radio docker.

The breakfast was very nice just needs a few more selections.

The hotel is located very close to the metro and main train St Lazare which is very convenient.
Its also only about a 15-20 min walk to the Champs-Elysees and Moulin Rouge.

Their are plenty of bars and restaurants in this area and a supermarket is pretty much next store.

Overall we had a very present stay and would stay here again.

2 Thank Craig M
Dear Craig,

Thank you for this lovely comment. We are glad you enjoyed your trip in Paris. We tried to use all the space available with modern and nice furniture. We are taking note for the breakfast and we will try to improve it for your next stay 
We hope to see you soon.
Best regards
The Best Western Premier le Swann’s team.
Tiruchirappalli, India
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I'll (try to) write a very brief review of this property (unlike my other reviews)...
THE POSITIVES:
Fine, small, and decent place to stay in Paris. Quite a few places are conveniently located (Station St. Lazare is 5-7 mins walk). A few restaurants nearby. Taxis readily available (mostly). Room - cozy, clean, good number of amenities available.

THE NEGATIVES:
Room - too small (although I was said that this was a bigger one) - and I also saw the one in which my co-traveler stayed (that was still smaller). Conclusion - overall size of the rooms 'small'.
Dull-boring and repeated menu for the breakfast. Service-staff not at all service oriented in the restaurant area.
The reception desk, relatively well behaved and helpful, but one guy has a real nasty attitude. I think some of them need to be slightly more customer-oriented.
Housekeeping service needs to be improvised a bit (they missed out a few things in my room and this happened a couple of times in a weeks period).

CONCLUSION:
Some people indicated that room size in Europe hotels is usually smaller, anyways a smaller room is no cause to reject this property. However, a few attitudinal issues (with the staff) can cause a deterrent.

Note: So, all the points noted above are in comparison with the one of the hotel I stayed in India (and for which I've given a five-star rating on Tripadvisor).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for this comment. Your opinion is really important for us. Concerning the room, you had the bigger superior double room, but for the next time you can try the executive rooms; they are bigger and overlooking the courtyard, which is perfect for a long stay. Concerning the breakfast it’s a buffet breakfast but we are taking note about the service to improve it. Did you have trouble with the staff?
Once again thank you for commenting your stay.
We hope to see you again soon.
Roberta, Audrey, Laurent, Charef and Damien.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Check in time was delayed for 2hr then the receptionist explained the check in time can't be expected on time anyway( means it's normal to delay the check in time to whenever they would like here) and the copy of the entry card was not working even after I asked the receptionist to check it three times ( still not working anyway, but the receptionist explained that's because I had my mobile phone with me while I opened the door ..but actually I didn't carry my phone with me at that time...). The room is also quite small , but the indoor design is nice.All in all, the service part should really be improved cuz sometimes it's really hard to make the ruined mood cheer up by the indoor design...especially the receptionist should improve their service attitude by not finding excuses for them self but really think abt customer's needs, and think abt what they can do instead of excuses!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank cmm20141215
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment your stay.
We are sorry to hear about the troubles you had. After having checked with the staff about this, we think you came the day when we had computer and software issues. That’s why we couldn’t do your check-in at 2 pm, and may be also the reason of the malfunction of your key. But we apologize for it, it was really exceptional. Concerning the check-in, it starts at 2pm but it doesn’t mean all our room are ready at this time.
We hope to see again and make you forget about this bad impression.
The Best Western Premier le Swann’s