“Paris”

Hotel Royal Madeleine
Ranked #735 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

When I arrived at the hotel after a very long trip, I have to say I was initially disappointed when I opened the door to my room and saw the size of it. Especially as I was sharing with another person. The couple that was traveling with us had also requested a standard room but there's was much bigger.
I queried about this at the front desk and they were more than happy to move us to a bigger standard room. I really liked this hotel, its not overly luxurious of course but they made up for it, with a spotless hotel, gracious staff and wonderful breakfasts. There's a safe in the rooms to lock up your personal belongings and the rooms are cleaned daily. The staff was also very happy to help with directions and fun activities to try during our stay.
I would recommend it to anyone traveling to paris

Room Tip: If the standard rooms seem TOO small. It probably is. Request a larger standard room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
NAUDBARBARA, Directeur général at Hotel Royal Madeleine, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you for having taken time by writing your very positive comments on our hotel. I pass on them naturally to all my team. You had a nice stay with us and we are glad for it. Know that your appreciation encourages us and motivates us. Thank you still.

Your Sincerely.
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

在巴黎的购物中心,出入非常方便.酒店是旧式建筑,房型偏小,尤其是电梯,非常迷你.工作人员都很友善. Located in the center of Paris.It's quite easy to access to most of the shopping areas. The hotel is in an ancient building, so the rooms are in the small size, especially the elevator,quite mini.The staffs are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NAUDBARBARA, Directeur général at Hotel Royal Madeleine, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you for having taken time by writing your very positive comments on our establishment. I transmit them of course to all my team. Know that your appreciation encourages us and motivates us. Thank you again.
Your sincerely,
Breda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

After a bad experience in a standard room during my last stay (clogged shower, couldn't shower in my room, I was suggested to take a shower in someone else's room after they'd left!!), I wrote a mail expressing my concern about having at least a working shower for the price I had to pay.

I had an almost immediate reply, expressing their apologies for the last time and they offered me a free upgrade to a superior room. These rooms are really excellent! Very clean and spacious, and no complaints at all about the room. Excellent action in changing my opinion on your hotel!

A small note of comment: breakfast trays for cheese and fruit and so on were mostly empty, no glasses for the juice, the breakfast accomodation juist seems too small to handle the morning crowd

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
NAUDBARBARA, Directeur général at Hotel Royal Madeleine, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

This small word to thank you for your comments. You appreciated your last stay in our Privilege Room and we are delighted. We also took note on the service of the breakfast and will transmitted well to the concerned department. We hope we can welcome you again in our hotel and in a Privilege Room very soon.
Yours sincerely
Mansfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a good hotel well up to the usual high standards of the Mercure chain. It's in a very good position within walking distance of the usual tourist attractions. We had three rooms for our family group, two terrace rooms and a superior twin. All were very good although the balcony rooms are a little smaller due to the balcony. There is a lift to all floors but if you are at all claustrophobic it's quite a small one. Breakfast is available at the hotel but if you prefer there are several places a short walk away for around € 9 for a continental and € 14 for an English. For evening dinner we chose an Italian restaurant called Pompei and really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is great, really friendly Italian staff made it a great night. There's a super British pub on the corner just down the road to the left. Again great atmospheres and not too noisy.
To summarise, a good hotel which we would use again if we visited Paris.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank brightzinc
NAUDBARBARA, Directeur général at Hotel Royal Madeleine, responded to this review, 22 April 2014

Yours sincerely,