“Just average”

Ranked #789 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Chicago, Illinois
“Just average”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was just an average hotel in a decent location. It was difficult for us to find from the train, but we finally made it. The elevator is very small and so I rode it up with our luggage while my boyfriend met me upstairs. The room was quite, quite tiny and the wifi was just so so. The "hallway" was so small that I thought I was in a doll house. But, the staff kept things clean. There is a couple of stores down the street and so we were able to stock up on drinks and fruit. The Louvre was not a far walk and neither was Rue di Rivoli.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
NAUDBARBARA, Directeur général at Hotel Royal Madeleine, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We thank you for your comments. They are very useful for us because allow to have a perception of our customers. We are sincerely sorry not to be up to your expectations and ask you to accept our most sincere excuses
Indeed, our hotel of the Haussmann style has a lot of Parisian charm but the surface of rooms, corridors and elevators is lower than the modern constructions.
We hope we can welcome you again in our hotel soon and invite you to test our Privilege Rooms superior of surface.
Yours sincerely,
Barbara Naud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bridgetown, Barbados
Reviewed 30 May 2014

When I arrived at the hotel after a very long trip, I have to say I was initially disappointed when I opened the door to my room and saw the size of it. Especially as I was sharing with another person. The couple that was traveling with us had also requested a standard room but there's was much bigger.
I queried about this at the front desk and they were more than happy to move us to a bigger standard room. I really liked this hotel, its not overly luxurious of course but they made up for it, with a spotless hotel, gracious staff and wonderful breakfasts. There's a safe in the rooms to lock up your personal belongings and the rooms are cleaned daily. The staff was also very happy to help with directions and fun activities to try during our stay.
I would recommend it to anyone traveling to paris

Room Tip: If the standard rooms seem TOO small. It probably is. Request a larger standard room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
NAUDBARBARA, Directeur général at Hotel Royal Madeleine, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you for having taken time by writing your very positive comments on our hotel. I pass on them naturally to all my team. You had a nice stay with us and we are glad for it. Know that your appreciation encourages us and motivates us. Thank you still.

Your Sincerely.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 27 May 2014

在巴黎的购物中心,出入非常方便.酒店是旧式建筑,房型偏小,尤其是电梯,非常迷你.工作人员都很友善. Located in the center of Paris.It's quite easy to access to most of the shopping areas. The hotel is in an ancient building, so the rooms are in the small size, especially the elevator,quite mini.The staffs are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NAUDBARBARA, Directeur général at Hotel Royal Madeleine, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you for having taken time by writing your very positive comments on our establishment. I transmit them of course to all my team. Know that your appreciation encourages us and motivates us. Thank you again.
Your sincerely,
Breda
Reviewed 15 May 2014

After a bad experience in a standard room during my last stay (clogged shower, couldn't shower in my room, I was suggested to take a shower in someone else's room after they'd left!!), I wrote a mail expressing my concern about having at least a working shower for the price I had to pay.

I had an almost immediate reply, expressing their apologies for the last time and they offered me a free upgrade to a superior room. These rooms are really excellent! Very clean and spacious, and no complaints at all about the room. Excellent action in changing my opinion on your hotel!

A small note of comment: breakfast trays for cheese and fruit and so on were mostly empty, no glasses for the juice, the breakfast accomodation juist seems too small to handle the morning crowd

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
NAUDBARBARA, Directeur général at Hotel Royal Madeleine, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

This small word to thank you for your comments. You appreciated your last stay in our Privilege Room and we are delighted. We also took note on the service of the breakfast and will transmitted well to the concerned department. We hope we can welcome you again in our hotel and in a Privilege Room very soon.
Yours sincerely