“Excellent service, great location - small rooms”

Best Western Ducs De Bourgogne
Ranked #648 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Splendid location - one stop away from Gare du nord, via the RER, 15 mins walking distance to the Lourve, 5 mins to the Seine. There's a supermarket just round the corner and a variety of; good bars, cafes and restaurants. This 4 star hotel is clean, quite and we found the staff really helpful and polite. However the rooms are a tad small and the bathroom does get somewhat steamy - there's no extractor fan. The surrounding areas felt safe and well lit at night. Breakfast was wholesome - eggs, bacon together with a selection of cold meats, cheeses and cereals. The breads and croissants were fresh and divine. ....

Room Tip: We booked directly on line with the hotel and rcvd an early bird discount
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dsouzathetraveller
ducsdebourgogne, Directeur général at Best Western Ducs De Bourgogne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dears,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you took to write it down your comments concerning your recent stay in our property.

The latters are prevailing as they enable us to constantly improve our services and quality.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our location as well as the service offered and the breakfast.

Your nice reviews concerning the employees will be shared with them.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Clarisse Labat

There are newer reviews for Best Western Ducs De Bourgogne

A TripAdvisor Member
Middelfart, Danemark
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Reception desk staff were very friendly and service minded - especially Thibault. Bed was no good in room 40. Breakfast is below the standard you expect in a 4 star hotel. One morning there was no breakfast - not even coffee, and my daughter had to go to work without breakfast!

Wkr
Peter Kragh Knudsen

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com
ducsdebourgogne, Directeur général at Best Western Ducs De Bourgogne, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you took to write your comments.

The latters are important as they enable us to constantly improve our services and quality.

I took good note of your remarks concerning the bed and the breakfast. The breakfast in our Hotel is used to be served from 6:30 until 10:30.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed the services and your nice comments will be shared with Thibault and the entire team.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

A well situated hotel just north of the Pont Neuf, within walking distance to many tourist sites. A friendly staff. A few areas to improve though: (1) the beds allowed no comfort to a tired back, (2) the lack of an efficient ventilation in the bathroom turned the room into a Turkish bath after the morning shower, (3) there were no German or British tv-channels (the only English-speaking channel to be found was the CNN), (4) the poor illumination of the breakfast room hardly allowed any reading.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com
ducsdebourgogne, Directeur général at Best Western Ducs De Bourgogne, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you took to write it down your comments regarding your previous stay in our Hotel.

I took good note of your remarks and take advantage to let you know that the Hotel will be under renovation at the end of the year.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We are a family (2 adult + 3 Children) We arrived at the hotel at 9 pm with a confirmed booking for 2 connected rooms. At our arrival we found 2 micro rooms with minimum space in the rooms and corridors almost not enough for entering in the room with luggage and no space for the extra bed for our 3rd child. We booked for 3 nights but we leaved the hotel the day after. They offered us the breakfast for the inconvenience but we paid the full rate for the uncomfortable room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you took to write your comments regarding your recent stay in our Hotel.

I am sad to read that you did not enjoy your stay in our property.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly: +33 (0)1 42 33 95 64 so as to clarify the situation.

I remain at your entire disposal.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

To be honest I was not sure about writing this review just because the French lady that manages the place is very nice and was very apologetic. Also another lady that works there is very nice but people and hopefully Best Western should be aware of the below:
The dining room in the basement had flies. The coffee from the coffee machine had a fly in it! The staff seem to be used to it. My room had a huge stain on the carpet. My friends superior room was exactly like mine but just facing a peeling wall.
The room was cold when i went to reception to ask for a blanket i was taken to a cupboard full of thrown dirty blankets without covers and was given a cover to put myself! The blanket was stained. The location is good. Some if the staff are lovely and some not great. All I wanted was a clean hotel but that was not met.

• Stayed: January 2014
ducsdebourgogne, Directeur général at Best Western Ducs De Bourgogne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to tank you for the time you took to write your feedbacks regarding your previous stay in our property.

I am sad and sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay in our Hotel.

I really want to talk with you over the phone, please contact me by dialing: +33 (0)1 42 33 95 64.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

First of all - location, location, location! What more can you wish for? On the 1st day we wanted to go to Louvre area and turned wrong and got to Notre Damme :) And continued on and on by foot, so much to see. Well, next day we went opposite direction to Louvre :)))) It is literally 3 minutes walk to Pont Du Neuf (bridge) and Ile-De la Cite. If you go down there, there's a boat station and you can take nice trip by Seine to where ever you want. So much nicer than Metro. Or cross Ile de La Cite and go enjoy all the incredible cafes and restaurants there! Almost forgot, from CDG there's a direct line (blue one) to Chatelet station which is in a minute and a half walk to hotel!!! Location is incredible.
About hotel itself. It is nice, it has its own Parisian appeal (not your standard international boring design). It has the atmosphere. Yes, rooms are veeeeeeery small, if you are bigger/taller than average european, would be uncomfortable. But you didn't came to Paris to hang out in hotel, right? Bed is very comfortable, rooms are clean and modern. Bathroom and shower, surprisingly isn't tiny which you would expect after seeing the room. The walls are thin, we heard people in corridor very clearly, but didn't hear them in next rooms. Night was quiet (except some drunken ppl on streets sometimes and this is in very good neighbourhood). Staff are very very nice and helpful. I loved them! Great sense of humor! I might choose this hotel again just because of people who work there, love them! All speak perfect English, no hustle about it, though I tried my French on them first and they were very patient :) Merci beaucoup :)
Breakfast... We didn't preorder it because I figured that we ARE in Paris, tons of cafes in the area, why to have breakfast in hotel? Though we did enjoy petit dejener and dejener and brunch and ect in the area, but still one morning went to have breakfast there and it was Delicious! Not a tiny bit worse than in any cafe near. So we went there for the next day too :) A charming girl there was very charming :) Again, perfect English.
I would recommend it to anyone and, hopefully, return one day :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
ducsdebourgogne, Directeur général at Best Western Ducs De Bourgogne, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear guest,

I would like first of all to thank you for the time you took to write it down your comments regarding your previous stay in our hotel.

I am glad to read that you really enjoyed your stay in our property.

Your nice compliments regarding the staff will be definitely shared with them all.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Bogota, Colombie
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very Clean and very nice rooms. The location is one of the best, close to metro stations, walking distance to many tourist places. The breakfast is also great. I totally recommend it. The attention is excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com
ducsdebourgogne, Directeur général at Best Western Ducs De Bourgogne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you took to write up your comments regarding your previous stay in our Hotel.

I am glad to read that you spent a great time in our property.

The entire team and myself will be more than happy to welcome you again soon.