Mercure Paris Bercy Bibliotheque
Ranked #324 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Location is good--right next to Metro stop, a great restaurant, and a very good bakery. But the hotel feels like it's due for a face-lift. Our electronic door actually stopped working at one point, and we had to spend half an hour with the staff getting access to our room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank ScottOdontist

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The plusses: nice staff, clean furniture/room design, plentiful hot water, double windows to keep out noise/heat/dust/smoke, good shades, quite thick walls/floors so noise is cut down considerably in comparison with other hotels, decent WiFi (especially in lounge area), angled room feels bigger than it is, and you can get deals online for a mere $90/night. Though there is not a LOT right near the hotel as far as restaurants and so forth, it is a short Métro ride or medium walk to more interesting parts of town.
The minuses: you may get a fair bit of noise through the door at late hours from thoughtless guests of various nationalities, especially if you are right at the elevators (I had VERY loud Japanese tourists one night, talking loudly at 11pm, and noisy Americans and Francophones on another night at midnight or later -- and this is with a white noise app playing, earplugs and a towel along the bottom of the door). I had a serious drip from the air conditioning unit onto the carpet below that woke me up in the middle of the night (drip, drip, drip) and which was not fixed while I was there, as it was the weekend. Interestingly, the hotel also sent me an email on the day of arrival apologetically redirecting me to another of their hotels (Mercure Montmartre) and throwing in their pricey breakfast to boot, but I did not receive it and was able to check in upon arrival in all ignorance. As I had chosen the hotel for its proximity to Bercy station, I would have been a bit cross to be redirected across town, though mollified by free breakfast, but I only received the email after safely checked in. All told, though, I'd recommend this hotel on balance.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel four times in the past five weeks, every time only one night, and every time in a different room. Good location for staying in the university/library district. I had one pleasant room, one room which was too small for me (that was a one-bed room), and two others in the corner of the hotel with a strange shape. Furniture is basic, but with a pleasant modern style. Two of the four rooms had a large comfortable sitting chair; the two other one’s didn’t. The rooms are OK to spend a few hours in the evening, to sleep, and to move on. Personnel was always very helpful. Breakfast offers many choices, but the low chairs in the breakfast salon do not invite one to stay there too long. Wifi was very slow the three nights I was staying on a higher flour, but fast the one night I stayed on the first flour. The back side of the hotel is at an alley where people hung around and talked till late at night. When I stayed at the first flour I had to close the windows because of the noise. On the higher flours there were less problems. For those staying here, I recommend the excellent café gourmand at Marcel and Lily’s at the corner of the street.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I would supose only one reason to stay in this hotel: all other hotels would have been booked. The price is quite high. I would suggest to stay in nearest Ibis All Season Hotel or find another (may be with a little bit higher price). In my humble opinion, the price prevails the quality you can get for this price. Four starts for this hotel is a high advance.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel E
Reviewed 8 April 2013

After five days in a dark and dingy dive on the right bank I finally got a nice room here for my last night in Paris! It's clean, light and comfortable. Right across the street from the metro. Everything in the room works, free WiFi and there is a most delicious deli right next door.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Marilyn R
Reviewed 11 March 2013

While I do not think that this Mercure meets the standards of many Mercure's that we have stayed at, the manager did her best to make sure that we were as satisfied as possible. I have paid less money for better rooms in better locations so I was quite disappointed with the first standard room we were given. We paid an extra fee for an upgrade that was well worth the small amount. The upgraded room was larger, had better bedding and overall was what I would expect of a four star hotel. What people need to know is that while this hotel advertises that all rooms have either a city or river view, a city view may be just the ugly building with graffitti on it next door. Our 'river view' was a glimpse of the river through other buildings. Also, while this property is located directly across the street from a subway line, most commonly toured places in Paris such as the Eifel Tower, Arc D'Triomphe, Lourve, Notre Dame will demand more than one subway line or a ten minute+ walk to a different station. We were also disappointed with the front desk customer service. We arrived at noon which is what time the hotel advertises check-in and we were told that our room was not ready. In the end, there was a room ready but after inspection, we upgraded to a higher quality room at a nominal fee. To speak with a manager about upgrading our room and finally getting checked into the room we stayed in took an hour. A few positive notes is that this property does have a small number of parking spots in a garage under the hotel that can be obtained for a parking fee. The neighborhood was not quaint and at times it did not feel safe so we were happy to have our car parked in a locked garage. There is a small grocery store on the same block which is a nice ammenity.

Room Tip: Strongly recommend upgrading from a standard room if four star quality is desirable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MJWORK
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The hotel and the rooms are nice equiped and equal to what you can expect from a three-star-hotel, although it's really not the best, you can get for the price. Breakfast is quite simple and no big choice to make. The service staff is very bad and unfriendly. We arrived at 11am and the front desk manager told us that our room isn't ready yet and we have to wait for two or three more hours in the hotel lobby. Only becaue we demand strongly for an other - cheaper - room, we finally could get a room immediatly. Afterwards we found out, that the rooms are actually all the same, so they could have given us the other room right from the start and shouldn't let us wait for hours. The house keeping asked us very unpolite to leave the room for cleaning, when we stayed at the hotel one day until 1 pm.
After one night in the hotel, we got flea or some other bugs in our bed and were bitten by them on hands and feet. It still even hurts for days when we were already back at home.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anne L
Barbara I, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Bercy Bibliotheque, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Guest

First of all I do apologize for the stay wich was not at your expectation.
Be assured that all necessary measures have been taken to ensure quality level meets your expectation.
Check in and check out time is 12 am, it is possible earliest check in if we have availability. The breakfast buffet is completed with all the products choosen by the Mercure 's brand.
During your stay for any inconvenience or suggestion we have dedicated guest service 24 hours in order to find solution, do not hesitate to use it.
I have passed on your remarks regarding the behaviour 's staff and I am still remaining at your disposal if you want to add some details.
I hope to welcome you another time ,

Sincerely Yours