“Good quality, very good breakfast, good service”

Mercure Paris Bercy Bibliotheque
Ranked #338 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Toronto, Canada
“Good quality, very good breakfast, good service”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I enjoyed my two nights at this hotel as part of a group study tour. The staff were relatively accommodating and the room was very nice. It was unfortunate that the exterior of the building was being upgraded during our stay as that made for a noisy daytime experience. It was clean, quiet (at night) and very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Lynda L, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Bercy Bibliotheque, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
We thank you for your comments and hope you had a nice trip back.
We apologize for the noise that the exterior renovation could occur.we confirm everything is finished now and that you could fully appreciate your next stay with us.
Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The room is badly laid out with no decent chair and desk. All aesthetics and no thought to intended use.
I was expecting far more for the price. No restaurant. No bar. For the same price I can stay right on the centre of most cities and get better amenities.
5 star price for premier inn service

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Losocal
Lynda L, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Bercy Bibliotheque, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Sir,
You have taken the time to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel, and we thank you.

We are sorry that the service did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies.

Be assured that the necessary and possible overall ,corrective measures would be taken to ensure that the quality level meets your expectations -Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in one of the hotels of the Mercure network.

Yours sincerely,
Paris, France
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I joined my parents at the is hotel for a week. There was refurbishments taking place and scaffolding circling the building. I asked if this would cause us concern and the reception assured me that it would not, however it was slightly unnerving to have men walking about outside my bedroom window; This I accept but it would have been nice if the hotel had been more upfront, they seemed surprised that I was concerned. Some of the staff were lovely, unfortunately some were rather cold and I felt as if they were doing me a favour by talking to me, they did not all have the correct attitude towards clients who were paying high prices for the joy of staying in their hotel. We did not eat breakfast in the hotel it was terribly expensive and there were plenty of small cafes around which were more reasonable. I thought that the view of the metro would be terrible when I booked and I nearly did not book the hotel when I realised what the view would be, but in fact it was fun watching the Parisians running to get metros and to feel the general excitement of town living. There was no noise at all penetrating through the windows and we all slept well on the comfy beds. The decoration was modern and I liked it, the bathroom was great too.Plenty of towels & soap.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vi0let17
Lynda L, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Bercy Bibliotheque, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
By giving your comments, you have taken the time to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel, and we thank you.
I do apologize for some of the disappointments described
The renovations going on should have stopped at the end of May, but have been delayed.
We well notice that the hotel suits you and we hope to welcome you again - be assured that we will have solved the issues you experienced.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This small Mercure hotel is located opposite Metro station Quai de la Gare and ten minutes walk from Gare d'Austerlitz, which is why I selected it, needing to catch a train to Orleans next morning. First impressions were not good as the hotel is shrouded with scaffolding at present with renovations proceeding. My single room on the third floor was small, the bathroom very small. It has been recently refurbished in a contemporary manner with good quality fittings and fixtures. It was ready early in the morning and very welcome after arriving by plane and train from Australia.
The check in was friendly and efficient. There is free wifi in the rooms, a must these days; a the tea making facilities and free bottled water were welcome, but paper cups and glasses spoiled this somewhat. There are a few restaurants nearby and a very good patisserie next door. I had a very good buffet breakfast in the busy hotel breakfast room. The hotel is very close to the Seine; just beyond Gare d'Austerlitz is the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle- set in fascinating Jardins des Plantes, a botanical smorgasbord; Notre Dame is about twenty minutes walk up stream and the Musee du Cluny, the Pantheon and the vast Jardin du Luxembourg are within reach of capable walkers. The metro puts all of Paris within reach.

Room Tip: Probably all are ok. Check on the progress of renovations, but I was not inconvenienced.