“Terrible hotel and awfull service”
Review of Hotel Aladin

Hotel Aladin
Ranked #1,582 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 11 October 2010

My prepaid voucher was canselled the day before arrivel, without giving me a message. No apologise from the unfriendly staff when I arrived at midnight. Stay away from this poor, dirty an unfriendly cheaters"

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank AndreKorsaksel

Reviewed 13 September 2010

for travelers on tight budget. close to a train station, 1 train ride to the airport.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 5 January 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 10 May 2009

I stayed in Aladin for 3 nights May 2009. The hotel is run by a couple and offers very basic facilities and relatively small, though clean rooms that could do with a bit of updating and refreshing. The location is not top, but not a bad one for visiting the city for that price. The only major shortcoming is the attitude and level of customer care of the staff. I booked it online through a travel website, and the owners must be clearly frustrated by the rates they have to offer to their agents to attract business: they offered me a room, but said upon my check-in (which by the way is after 3pm! Be warned, as it may be inconvenient if you arrive midday and want to drop the bags and take a shower to unwind; check-out by 11 am) I was informed that the rates I paid are very cheap, so they "might have to change my room the following day to a lower standard one." When I expressed my concern and said it would be rather inconvenient for me, as I would be out and about all day and could not waste half of the day waiting for my new room to move my bags, the owner brushed me off saying I should pack my bag and get things ready in the morning then ,before I leave for the day [sic!]. They "have to do it, as it's good for the hotel" (read: maximizing the revenue, regardless of the inconvenience caused to the guests). Not a single word of apology for the hassle, but a cold shoulder and treating me like a second rate guest just because of the rate I paid. By the way, apparently my rate was discounted, though I never asked for a discount, nor was informed by the website I had gotten one. Throughout my stay the staff did little to make up for the bad impression they made.
Very bad attitude and poor customer service, I am sorry to say.

Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 15 October 2008

I stayed in the hotel one night, luckily not more. The room was filthy, there was even some popcorn on the floor. My French contact person had found out beforehand that the price is about 60 euros, but after booking through internet, the price was 99 euros. When I tried to discuss this at the reception, I did not get any explanation. When paying my bill, it took 25 minutes, because the personnell were not able to use the credit card and they had to call to several places in order to process the payment.

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank rider100
Reviewed 18 August 2008

This is a hotel to be avoided. It is overpriced for what it is, it is not clean, and the proprietor is dishonest. I booked the hotel on-line through 123france (beware of this booking service), accepting that the reviews were honest, and the photos of the rooms were accurate. I was wrong, they were nothing like on the web-site. My room was tiny - tiny!!, grundgy, dirty and noisy. The proprietor refused to make amends, provide another room, nor refund my money. I found another hotel in the same arrondisement with a larger room for almost half the price. I warn everyone to avoid this hotel, there is so much better in Paris for the same price.

I am not one of those North Americans that expect everything to be like it is "at home", and I have travelled in Europe and elseswhere. However, this was beyond the pale unacceptablely bad and dirty. I would expect more in a third-world country let alone from the "City of Light". The Hotel Aladin gives Paris a bad name.
Stay away fro this place.

Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank canadaworld
Reviewed 30 July 2008

The family that runs the hotel is lovely and very trustworthy and very friendly. The hotel is well located in a quiet neighborhood near some wonderful coffee shops and a nice walk to the Luxembourg Gardins. If price, safety, and location are all you care about, its probably a great hotel.

However - The single room I was in was rather Dirty and it was TINY. I think the sheets were clean, but the towels were torn and had brown spots on them, and the carpets and walls were filthy and stained. And again, TINY I'm only 5'1" and thin, but I found the shower nearly impossible to navigate (when I dropped my soap, there wasn't enough room to bend over and pick it up)

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Gobelins
Corail Hotel
#1,400 of 1,803 in Paris
Hotel Gerando
#1,451 of 1,803 in Paris

Been to Hotel Aladin? Share your experiences!