“Beautiful rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Airdrie, United Kingdom
“Beautiful rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here from the 5th-8th May with my hubby in Superior room. It was absolutely spotless and the bed was massive. Staff on front desk very kind and helpful, even the lady who cleaned our room was lovely...we met her when we had to go back to collect something. View from our window was fantastic! To the left, the beautiful Sacre Coeur and in front a to the right, the busy streets of Paris. The rooms are very tastefully decorated and have everything we needed. The bath was enormous! Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would try and stay at one wherever I was.....hubby agrees!

Room Tip: I think most of the rooms here have great views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mo54
Eric_Rochedy, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Internet user,
All the team of the Mercure Paris Montmartre hotel is pleased to read your review on TripAdvisor.
We thank you for this excellent note and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you very soon.
Sincerely yours,
General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Easy Metro ride (even with luggage) from Gare Montparnasse to the stop a couple minutes away from the Mercure Paris Montmartre. Check-in was easy, but the lobby is unconventional. It looks newly redone and there is no desk per se. We were greeted by a young woman with an iPad who gave us room assignments and keys, etc. It seems the whole hotel has recently been renovated in a modern look. The lounge and breakfast areas were still being completed while we were there, but open. There is one computer for public use in the lobby, but given the European keyboard typing is slower. The computer also timed out after what seemed likely only a few minutes so it was frustrating trying to book train tickets.

The room was a good size with 2 single beds together. The beds were a bit hard but the linens were nice. The bathroom was small with a separate WC. TV, free WIFI worked well. The small bar fridge was barely cool inside and remained that way even after a call to housekeeping. The room contained a small table and two chairs which was handy to have a quick meal in the room.

Our room was on the Rue Caulaincourt side and quite noisy even late at night. We had a view of Sacre Coeur from our window. There are plenty of eating and drinking places near by. We even walked to the Opera House and Lafayette Galleries from this hotel in about 30 mins. We also took the Metro to other parts of Paris -- very convenient. If you like to walk and are not adverse to the Metro system, this is a good hotel and good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the courtyard away from the street as the street side is quite noisy day and night...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Johann,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor travellers.

We have taken note of your comment regarding the web-corner and the mini-bar. Both of your remarks have been shared with our Technical manager who will check these points very soon.

We thank you for pointing out our great location to visit Paris and our refurbishments.

We hope to be pleased of welcoming you on the occasion of a new stay in Paris.

Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at the Mercure for eight nights and was very pleased with the accommodation and service provided by the staff. The hotel is very convenient to a wide variety of public transportation, bus and metro. The breakfast had several options and was plentiful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Phyllis,
Thank you so much for your delightful comment! We will be pleased to share your review with our team!
We are all looking forward to welcome you anew.
Best regards,
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I am a gold status Accor member, and booked the Mercure in Paris for 18th - 20th April. I had to book via phone as the website kept crashing. I requested that my loyalty points should be used to reduce my bill by €200 and I received a confirmation email of the amount due at checkout.

When we then arrived at the hotel I was greeted in reception by a girl holding an iPad, there was no check in desk. I gave my details and was told there were two rooms booked. Obviously this was a mistake on the part of the hotel, but the receptionist did a lot of huffing and puffing. When she got that part sorted she then advised the price would be €495. I disputed this and tried to show her my confirmation email showing the number of points to be used and the balance payable. She kept telling me to "shhh" and put her hand up in a very dismissive manner. She spoke to another colleague who was equally rude. Then finally she said it was sorted though I wasn't really sure. I was very angry at the way she treated us, as if we were stupid and not even worth listening to.

When we checked out I had the exact same conversation with a different girl. The issue evidently still had not been resolved. Again I tried to explain but again I felt really that she didn't know what to do. Eventually she told me she would charge me €220 but would need to sort out the points later.

When I got my credit card statement just this week I found out that both my visa card and my husbands Visa card had been charged. His was charged €257 and mine was charged €200. I have sent two emails to ask for a refund and still no response from the hotel.

I am hoping that this review may expedite the resolution of this problem. As a gold status club accor member I would expect better than this. Surely it is not too much to ask to use my points to offset my bill???

Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Kittything
Dear Brenda,

We were very sorry to hear about the inconvenience encountered during your stay. Be assured that it is not an usual situation in our hotel. In order to avoid this issue, we have shared your comment with our team and our Front office manager. Moreover, the necessary corrective measures will be taken and we will train our team to manage this situation in the best way.

After our exchange of e-mails, we sincerely hope that the solution found is satisfactory.

Despite this mistake we hope to be pleased of welcoming you anew.

Gurgaon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed for 4 nights while on my honeymoon, Got a lovely room with the view of Eiffel tower. Great location, two blocks away from the metro. The breakfast was a delight - fresh but with a limited options for vegetarians.
A lot of time has been spent into the planning and design of the interior, and the results are impressive specially for couples.
The staff was very polite, highly professional and really helpful.
Very near to Moulin Rouge and maybe 15-20mins walk to Sacre coeur.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you want to be in this part of Paris :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eric_Rochedy, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor!
We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay on the occasion of your honeymoon.
We thank you for point out the comfort of your room and the quality of our breakfast!

We are all looking forward to welcome you,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

It somehow reminded us of W hotel in Singapore. Great location, two blocks away from the metro. Lovely room and with the view of Eiffel tower, Les Invalides and Tour Montparnasse! Breakfast had a great selection.

Very near to Moulin Rouge and maybe 15-20mins walk to Sacre coeur.

We took the airport shuttle from the hotel as we were very tired to carry our luggage up and down if we take the train. Allot extra hour and a half from the time you need to check in at the airport as they will still pick up passengers from other hotels. I just slept in the shuttle so I really didnt mind the waiting time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Bunnchen,
Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor!
It is a huge pleasure to read your satisfaction.

We are all looking forward to welcome you very soon!

Best regards,
England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stay in Accor hotels 20 weeks per year this was the pits. The room was very hot but the staff insisted the aircon was working. We asked for the manager who said the law in France said they could not put on the aircon. We were promised a fan but after many calls we were told that all fans were with other guests. We were in Lyon the week before with full zircon in the room.
Ok if you like cheap.

Room Tip: Just consider no zircon and no fan and staff that give you the run around. Also the shuttle does no...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 9elliot999
Dear Guest,

We are very sorry about the inconvenience encountered with the aircon and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies. Indeed, we did not anticipated the temperature changes and we did not stimulated the aircon.
However, we have shared your comment with our technical manager in order to take the necessary corrective measures. We are sorry to read that this issue gives you bad memories about your stay.

In spite of this stay, we hope to be pleased of welcoming you very soon and thus to earn your trust.