“terrible,disgusting and cheated”

GreenLeadersGold level
Paris, France
“terrible,disgusting and cheated”
Reviewed 27 May 2010

this hotel is a terrible let down the rooms size is ok but very bad interiors and though we asked for a no smoking room , the rooms had terrible odour , the staff - house keeping was very bad and rude the location of the hotel is fine but everything else is a terrible the breakfast was a let down the coffe machine not working the juice machine not working the staff not helpful please avoid this hotel

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank HDassani
mercuremontmartre, General Manager at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this review, 2 June 2010
Dear Customer

Thank you for posting this comment which is an unvaluable help for us to improve our service.

Having checked your reservation details it appears that the non smoking room had been only mentioned as "if possible" and you checked in at a late time and the hotel was full.
I also take very seriously your comments about room cleanliness and housekeeping staff attitude and will investigate the matter you that we can take the appropriate corrective actions.

Having checked our record it appears that you stayed with us for 5 nights and regret that you did not report your concerns to the duty manager as we encourage all our customer to do so through the "1010 personal message" envelope that we place on every pillow, or at checkout.

I appologise for such a bad expérience with us and hope you will give us another chance to welcome you in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

Philippe Rousseau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reigate
Reviewed 25 May 2010

We travelled as 5 men to watch the Heineken Cup Final last weekend and were seriously impressed with the location of the Hotel and the lack of outside noise, considering there were renovations at the time. The friendliness of the front desk staff was much appreciated, as they recommended a fantastic restaurant the first evening, just around the corner in a quiet side street alongside the Hotel. Nothing was too much trouble and they spent ages trying to get us a lunchtime river trip on the Seine. The bar was a little flat, but that is not surprising considering the number of bars just yards from the front door. The breakfast buffet was outstanding and if you have a Mercure card, the rates are superb for this area. Only downside, was that I forgot to ask for the upgrade for our 2 rooms to the top floor as recommended by a recent comment....doh!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
mercuremontmartre, General Manager at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this review, 27 May 2010
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for posting this great review about the hotel and I will certainly share your encouragements with the rest of my team.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and its direct access to the Stade de France. I would indeed encourage you to book one of our newly renovated superior rooms for your next stay so that you can enjoy the comfort of our king size beds and the unbeatable view on Paris main landmarks.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly on h0373-gm@accor.com should you wish to make any suggestion that you help us make you next stay with us even more memorable.

Hamburg
Reviewed 20 May 2010

First impression wasn´t good - it took half an hour to get checked in. We had booked a non-smoking room but we ended up with a smoking room. Apparently no other rooms available at the rate we´d booked and we´d have to pay extra for a non-smoking, higher standard room! We took the smoking room anyway as it was late in the evening and we were tired.
The room (standard) was a good size. One of the beds was really creaky, though. But the worse problem was the lack of isolation. It probably didn´t help that we had really inconsiderate neighbours, who on the one side partied till late in the night and on the other side came back in the middle of night and put the TV on loud, which was really annoying as you could hear everything. The noise from the street was also very loud. I didn´t get one decent night´s sleep the whole time (3 nights) we were there.
I didn´t find the room particularly clean, either. I found rubbish under the bed which we didn´t bring in with us.
On a more positive note, the breakfast was very good with a wide selection on offer, even noodles for the asian guests. And the shower was nice and powerful.
Even though it is in a great location just around the corner from the beautiful Montmartre area, I´m afraid I wouldn´t recommend this hotel for light sleepers.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
mercuremontmartre, General Manager at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this review, 22 May 2010
Dear customer,
Thank you for sharing with us your comments about your recent stay in our hotel. I regret that you did not enjoy your stay and apoligise for this. I have passed on your comments onto our reception manager so that that corrective measure are taken to ensure that reservations details are checked upon checkin.
Mercure Hotels have implemented a direct line "1010" for customers to report any problems during their stay and the information was displayed on your bedroom pillow, and I regret that during the 3 nights you stayed with us you did not take the time to report your concerns about the noise and cleanliness in your room. Our reception team would have allocated you to another room at least on the last 2 nights of your stay.
I hope you will give us one day another chance to welcome you in Paris and do not hesitate to contact me directly on my email address h0373-gm@accor.com should you make any further suggestions comments.
General manager
Morehead City, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 May 2010

This hotel was awesome. Noise was a minimum. The breakfast was quite good. Check in and out was smooth and the staff spoke English quite well. I stayed in room 848 and loved it. I had a HUGE bed with comfortable linens. The lobby has wine tasting in the evenings. My room was kept well stocked a tidy. I had a view of the Eiffel Tower from my room. However there isn't free Wi-Fi avaliable.
The Metro is just a short distance away. There are numerous shops and great restaurant in this area. Just a step to the left of the hotel is an old cemetery that has Jim Morrison’s grave. The hotel is within walking distance of Montmartre, the Moulin Rouge, and Sacre Coeur.

• Stayed May 2010
mercuremontmartre, General Manager at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this review, 17 May 2010
Dear Customer,

Thank you for posting such a positive review about our hotel and I will certainly share your comments with my team.

I am glad you enjoyed the cleanliness of our fully renovated bedrooms end the comfort of our KING size beds.
It is my pleasure to inform that in answer to your comment about internet access, the hotel will offer FREE WIFI thorough the hotel from july 1st.

One more time, thank you for sharing your experience with us which is an unvaluable help to better satisfy you and improve our service to customers.

Kind regards.

world
Reviewed 30 March 2010

the hotel is only 3*, - but - if you pay € 10.- per night extra, you get one of the newly renovated rooms in the 7th or 8th floor - and a stunning view over the roofs of the neighbouring houses to Eiffel Tower and Dome des Invalides :-D. Be sure to ask the clerk at the front desk for it. All rooms ar quite spacy. The old rooms are regular 3* - the new rooms are high above 4* with indirect - and if you wish, romantic coloured - lightning, superb beds and cushions, a lot of mirrors, WiFi (Orange), Flat screen, own in-room Coffe Bar, very good frige w/ glass door - and the stunning view. There are Non smoking rooms - and, but only if you ask for it - smoking rooms avaliable.
The location is ideal - right next to the montmatre cemetery at the lively Rue Caulancourt - next to Place Clichy Metro Station. The staff is corteous and helpfull, thou not all receptionists speak english. The Breakfast is large by variety and of good quality. You have your own espresso machine at the Buffet. Room Service is quick and utmost friendly. The rooms are very clean. All in all a real bargain!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
mercuremontmartre, General Manager at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this review, 14 May 2010
Dear Customer,

Thank you for posting this very positive feedback that I will glady share with my team.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated bedrooms and the firendlyness of our staff.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in the near future and in the meantime do not hesitate to contact me directly on h0373-gm@accor.com should you have any suggestion that could help us make your saty even more memorable.

Toulouse, France
Reviewed 29 January 2010

This hotel is very quiet ,the staff is looking for you.Hotel very good located in center of Paris

Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank marcovely
mercuremontmartre, General Manager at Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre Coeur, responded to this review, 20 May 2010
Dear Customer,
Thank you for posting this positive feedback about our hotel that I will certainly share as an encouragement with the rest of my team.
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in one of our newly renovated rooms and in the meantime do not hesistate to contact me directly on philippe.rousseau@accor.com should you have any suggestion that would help us to make your stay even more memorable.
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 2 January 2010

Very good value for money. Big room, very clean, comfortable and quiet- breakfast good (but no low-fat yoghurt). Service efficient and friendly. Area south of the hotel a bit seedy (Place de Clichy, Pigalle etc- not for the puritanical, I suppose), but go up across the bridge over the cemetery and turn right and you find a really pretty quartier with hotels, bars, restaurants, shops etc. - including the bar from the film Amélie. By the way, spare an hour to visit the cemetery- it's sombre but rather beautiful, and full of famous French names- Berlioz, Zola, Offenbach, etc- even Miss Bluebell, founder of the Bluebell Girls (look them up on Wikipedia...).

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carmens_hubby
Dear Customer,

I am pleased that you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of our newly renovated bedrooms as well of our breakfast. I take note of your comments about the absence of low fat yoghurt and have pass it onto our Restaurant Manager and I am glad to inform you that we will implement a new selection by september 2010.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. This is an unvaluable help to assist us in improving quality and better satisfy you.

Do not hesitate to contact me directly on h0373-gm@accor.com should you wish to make any suggestion that could help make your next stay with is even more memorable.

Général Manager