Plug-Inn Hostel
Hotel Basss(Paris)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbunk bedsmoulin rougebed private roomgreat locationcroissantssacre coeurfree breakfastbaguettemetro stationrooms are smallsmall kitchencafes and restaurantsenjoyed my stayaround the cornerblancheroommatesvaluables
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I reserved on this hostel quite in a hurry, and I'm glad that I was able to find availability on this one. The place has a pretty location, near lot of restaurants and a metro station, just a 5-7 mins walk maybe.

The room was nice (I got in a 6-bed ensuite) with view to the street, with personal lockers (although you had to bring your own lock) under the beds. I also got offered a locker on the first floor of the building, but it was enough for me with the locker in the bedroom.

The staff was quite nice and friendly, the guy who was at the reception was already expecting me (guessed who I was when I arrived), and gave me a lot of information about the facilities on my arrival.

Definitely would stay again on any future visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nilson R
Reviewed 12 March 2014

1. The lift is so small everybody takes the stairs, making heaps of noise, until VERY late, guests scream in the hallway... The place (doors mainly) is so bad insulated, you cannot get a good rest! Its like creaming next to your bed. The hallway has NO noise reducing effects to it, it s got everything to make it worse. And some signs indicating the other guest to be silent is not overload either. Noise outside was ok, which we knew we were going to have being in a party neighbourhood.

2. Toilet was not superclean when arriving (hair of previous guest on it)

3. Breakfast not really as indicated, not much choise

4. The hanging/publicity board on the outside wall was making so much noise during the night because of the wind, it was extremely disturbing! The noise went trough the wall

5. For this price i could have stayed at the ibis to have more comfort and rest. Ok, less atmosphere, but after 3 nights being kept awake by your fellow guests you d rather want to kill them instead having a nice chat...

6. Internet reception was REALLY bad, although plug inn says it was included, we can conclude there was no internet! We were on the first floor and there were 4 more floors. The box where the signal was send was on mail floor, so the higher u get, the worse!

This is the first time in years i hated a hostel, it was so exhausting i even breaked and cried in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: Higher is better for more peace, but no internet there...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I'm sure if I was a bit younger, I wouldn't have minded the cramped quarters or the mysterious smells in the room (and bathroom); however, I was a little put off by the smells and the bed was hard--too hard for me. The location, though, in Monmartre, can't be beat and the breakfast was good, too, although I would recommend adding cheese (it is France!) I don't think I would stay here again, but I guess I might. Keep your expectations in check, and just realize it's for sleeping, and this place will probably work for you. If you're looking for a good night sleep, you may not get one here (I didn't).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kristin B
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The hostel is pretty good, especially comparing to other hostels in Paris.
I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm room, with an ensuite. The room was nice, the shower and toilets were clean, the beds are regular bunk-beds. I was only there for a few days, but if you intend to stay longer you might mind the small kitchen - one fridge, one microwave, stoves. It's doable, just a bit tight. The breakfast (baguette, croissant, coffee/tea, orange juice, cornflakes) is free, which is great.
The hostel is 2 mins walk from 2 metro stations. As it's close to touristic attractions (the Moulin Rouge and the Sacre Coeur), it's really safe by night, having so many people around. Montmartre is BEAUTIFUL, with small little streets, cafes and bars. It doesn't have a "Parisian" vibe in a good way, much more local and not so touristic.
The major downside for me, as I was travelling by myself, was the lack of common areas in the hostel... It's hard to meet people that way :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ella_A1
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Myself and a friend took a short trip to Paris and wanted somewhere central and cheap to rest after a day of sightseeing. This place was perfect! We used the Blanche metro stop which was just a few minutes walk but there is another metro station nearby which connects to a different line. The area itself is obviously the 'red light district' but we never once felt unsafe. The only downside about staying in this area is that a lot of shops/cafes seem to be closed for a big chunk of the day. Handy location for seeing the Sacre Coeur and Moulin Rouge.

The staff at the hotel were all nice, comfy beds and the rooms were decently sized. There was no soap in the bathroom which was a bit odd, so buy your own! Breakfast was nice but the room where it's served is awfully small. We had to hang around until seats became available. However, all in all I would definitely recommend this place for the budget traveller!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends