“Unforgettably good !”
Review of Hotel Galileo

Hotel Galileo
Ranked #144 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 3 January 2013

What a beautiful hotel, with the most hospitable staff you could ask for. After two weeks of touring from Barcelona to Paris, our experience at Hotel Galileo far exceeded anywhere else. Firstly...the location was ideal. You could see the Champs Elysees from our room and we were a short walk away from the efficient metro and tourist bus stop. As we arrived early, we were greeted with a lovely cup of tea before our room was briskly prepared. The decor was lovely and the rooms immaculately clean. After our first busy day of traversing accross the city, Christopher had the initiative to see that we needed utensils for a quiet dinner in our room. He even added a few snacks, so we did not have to venture down the street, but if you were keen for some healthy pre-pared food, the drugstore up the road, near the Arc de Triomphe sold meat and salad, pastas, rice, cous-cous, fruit salad, yoghurt, baguettes, pastries and decadent chocolate or macarons. We felt very at ease to ask for information about the city and being Australian was not a problem. Christopher spoke more than 3 languages and he made us laugh every time we saw him. It was very cosy to stay here and as it rained consistently the day we left, Christopher did not mind us parking on the hotel sofa, whilst waiting for our transfers to the airport. Quite honestly, I wish I was still there. We had to be home for Christmas, but I am saving up to return again soon and this is exactly where I want to stay. We miss you Hotel Galileo and we miss you Paris!!! Thanks Christopher. Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 December 2012

The superb value of this small hotel was only exceeded by Christopher, the front desk clerk, who's attention to my welfare would have done justice to The Four Seasons. A quality member of staff and a wonderful place to stay in Paris. I'll most certainly be back!!!

Clean, perfectly located and extremely friendly....a real find.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I had a great time in this hotel. The room was cosy, the building had character and I found the staff really friendly. It's great when you can feel at home when you're visiting a new city, especially when on a business trip. From the first moment I stepped into the hotel, I felt at ease and welcome, not just to the hotel but to the city. I would definitely recommend Hotel Galileo to friends and colleagues and I hope to stay again. Thanks for a fantastic few days

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Thanks to the friendly service staff, and especially Christopher, at Hotel Galileo, as did my friend and my 6-day stay in Paris an unforgettable vacation!! Always good help and service to, regardless of Difficulty, and time of day. Help to find in the Metro system in both directions and time aspect (we were going out to dance in different places almost every night) and also maps, so we got out to the different dansestudione, was conjured up no matter how busy they were. When I would surprise my travel partner with a cake for her 40th birthday, but had trouble getting it though, due to various allergies, and language issues around this, offered Christopher to get a cake on the way to work before 9 o'clock morning. When we came down for breakfast at 10 the time, he winked at me, brought us down to the table, where he had placed a pre-written card and a character I had bought for her. The lights were turned off, and he came singing out of the cake, decorated with beautiful lights. Three different stores he had visited, before he found a cake he was happy with, and that was dangerous for her alergies. So here we are talking first class service!! Great and more than big enough room, which was unreal quiet, although we stayed only 2 minutes walk from the Champs Elysees, always neat and clean when we came in from the current tour. Close to Metro, good restaurants and great sights. Have already recommended the hotel to friends and acquaintances, and is in no doubt about where I will stay if I will be visiting Paris again. THANKS!!

Thanks to the friendly staff, and especially Christopher, at Hotel Galileo, as did my friend, and mine, 6-day stay in Paris an unforgettable vacation!! Always god service to, regardless of difficulty, and time of day. Help to find in the Metro system in both directions and time aspect ( we werw going out to dance in different places almost every night ) and also maps, so wegot out to the different dance studios, was conjured up no matter how busy they were.
When I would suprice my travel partner with a cake for her 40th birtday, but had trouble getting it though, due to various allergies, and language issues around this, offered Christopher to get a cake on his way to work before 9 o`clock morning. When we came down for breakfast at 10 the next morning, he winked at me, brought us down to the table, where he had placed a pre-written card and a character I had bought for her. The lights were turned off, and he came singing out with a nice cake, decorated with beautiful lights.
Three different stores he had visited, before he found a cake he was happy with, and that was not dangerous for her alergies. :-) So, here we are talking more than first class service!!!!
Great and more than big enough room, which was unreal quiet, although we stayed only two minuts walk from the Champ Elysèes, always neat and clean when we came from the current tour. Close to Metro, good restaurants and great sights. Have already recomended the hotel to friends and acquaintances, and is in no doubt about where I will stay if I will be visiting Paris again. :-) THANKS

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Thanks to all at Hotel Galileo. I just stayed 6 days at this hotel with a friend. I've had a wonderful stay. Was warmly welcomed by handsome Christopher who is a really nice man. He did everything you would expect from a receptionist plus much more. My friend and I were out dancing every night and Christopher printed maps and explained the routes. Always smiling and ready for a chat even during busy periods.

I was 40 years during our stay and my friend wanted to surprise me with a cake. I have several allergies so it created some challenges. Christopher still managed to help us and even traveled out early on Saturday morning to pick up a delicious cake. This I was served for breakfast while Christopher even sang birthday song for me in the small cozy breakfast room. Thanks to my friend and Christopher.
The hotel is not so big, so you get good contact with the employees. Small and cozy. Only 1-2 minutes walk to the Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe. Great central location without interference from street noise. Close to many restaurants and the Metro. Easy to get around to all the sights in Paris. I have no doubt that I will visit Hotel Galileo, Christopher and the others if I go to Paris again. Thanks again :-)

Room Tip: It was double duvet in the room. My friend and I wanted a duvet each. It was not possible but the st...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

Hotel Galileo Paris is nice hotel to stay in Paris. It's location is great to stay in the heart of Paris. Arch Tromphee, Champs Elsyees, French President Residence, Eiffel Tower, Art Galleries , Grrmen Grounds, Lovre all are in walking distance & the tunnel were lady Diana died is also nearby. Mabiliene street actually u can say food street of Paris is also at walking distance.hotel service is nice . Rooms are not big but nice clean cosy rooms with all facilities. I can say smart rooms. Break fast is limited but nice things to have & everything fresh. Lobby is nice & well decorated like u r sitting in mideavel house. Staff is gentle & nice. Lift is bit old & slow. But its ok. Nice place to stay ill tay again if I come back.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Mansoorahmedabbasi
Reviewed 7 November 2012

The hotel location is great, although it is 3 stars hotel but very clean, decent and with great location heart of paris very close to Avenue des Champs Élysées. Very comfortable and stylish hotel. I spent there one night (weekend day Saturday) the price was great, I highly recommend this hotel if you can get it at good price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo