“A night in Paris”

Ranked #119 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Milano
“A night in Paris”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

It's an absolutely wonderful hotel! The location couldn't be anymore perfect! Moments from all the great shopping and Champs-Élysées. Christopher was very helpful and beyond plesant. I would highly recommend this hotel :-)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Forler D, Directeur général at Hotel Galileo, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your taking the time to share your experience. I am glade that you had an enjoyable stay at our property an hope to welcome you for your next stay in Paris.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would be glade to personally welcome you back.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited this hotel just before 2013 New Year. It was wonderful. The rooms are larger than average I have experienced in Paris previously. It is less than 2 minutes from Champs-Elysées and 3-4 minute from George V metro station. It is 20-30 min walk to Eiffel Tower and the same to the Lovre museum. Internet is free and wireless (though it was slightly slow and playing up whilst we were there). The lobby is relatively small but beautifully done. My wife and I loved the Christmas tree they had. The staff are also unbelievably friendly and helpful. I want to especially thank Christopher. I left my house keys in the safe, and he posted them to me on his day off, and despite the fact I had left my credit card details for the postage, he didn't charge me. I cannot thank him enough for taking time out of his own time to do this. I can truly say that I will try to book this hotel every time we go back to Paris from now on. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bahmanns
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us.

I am happy you liked the Christmas tree and the hotel. I warmly thank you for the kind words you have for Christopher as he indeed goes beyond expectations of guests. He brings to the hotel his very positive, funny and generous attitude which is a great plus

We are going through some very important refurbishment so for your next stay with us the Wifi should be as good as the service of Christopher!

My staff and I would be glade to welcome them at our property and our beautiful city. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next reservation.

Kind Regards
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2013

A beautiful little hotel with rooms that were bigger than the small, cramped space I had imagined in my head would be Paris hotels. The lobby is pretty and the little garden that can be seen as you walk down to the breakfast area is absolutely serene. Stayed in a double bed with a window facing out onto the main street. When the windows were opened its gorgeous. The bathroom is spacious. The rooms are inviting. The location is as close to the l'arc de triomphe as you could get! It's a short walk to the big street with all the shops and restaurants. Absolutely fantastic.

Definitely worth a stay and wouldn't mind staying gain myself!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aurorasera
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your very positive feedback and am glad you appreciated the hotel and its location that is indeed very convenient as located in a very quiet street but only few steps from the animated Champs Elysees, and with metro line 1,2 and 6 all the touristic spots are served directly and easily

We look forward to welcoming you back in our boutique hotel and remain at your disposal for you next reservation.

Kind Regards,
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2013

What a beautiful hotel, with the most hospitable staff you could ask for. After two weeks of touring from Barcelona to Paris, our experience at Hotel Galileo far exceeded anywhere else. Firstly...the location was ideal. You could see the Champs Elysees from our room and we were a short walk away from the efficient metro and tourist bus stop. As we arrived early, we were greeted with a lovely cup of tea before our room was briskly prepared. The decor was lovely and the rooms immaculately clean. After our first busy day of traversing accross the city, Christopher had the initiative to see that we needed utensils for a quiet dinner in our room. He even added a few snacks, so we did not have to venture down the street, but if you were keen for some healthy pre-pared food, the drugstore up the road, near the Arc de Triomphe sold meat and salad, pastas, rice, cous-cous, fruit salad, yoghurt, baguettes, pastries and decadent chocolate or macarons. We felt very at ease to ask for information about the city and being Australian was not a problem. Christopher spoke more than 3 languages and he made us laugh every time we saw him. It was very cosy to stay here and as it rained consistently the day we left, Christopher did not mind us parking on the hotel sofa, whilst waiting for our transfers to the airport. Quite honestly, I wish I was still there. We had to be home for Christmas, but I am saving up to return again soon and this is exactly where I want to stay. We miss you Hotel Galileo and we miss you Paris!!! Thanks Christopher. Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 30 December 2012

The superb value of this small hotel was only exceeded by Christopher, the front desk clerk, who's attention to my welfare would have done justice to The Four Seasons. A quality member of staff and a wonderful place to stay in Paris. I'll most certainly be back!!!

Clean, perfectly located and extremely friendly....a real find.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I had a great time in this hotel. The room was cosy, the building had character and I found the staff really friendly. It's great when you can feel at home when you're visiting a new city, especially when on a business trip. From the first moment I stepped into the hotel, I felt at ease and welcome, not just to the hotel but to the city. I would definitely recommend Hotel Galileo to friends and colleagues and I hope to stay again. Thanks for a fantastic few days

• Stayed December 2012
Tønsberg
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Thanks to the friendly service staff, and especially Christopher, at Hotel Galileo, as did my friend and my 6-day stay in Paris an unforgettable vacation!! Always good help and service to, regardless of Difficulty, and time of day. Help to find in the Metro system in both directions and time aspect (we were going out to dance in different places almost every night) and also maps, so we got out to the different dansestudione, was conjured up no matter how busy they were. When I would surprise my travel partner with a cake for her 40th birthday, but had trouble getting it though, due to various allergies, and language issues around this, offered Christopher to get a cake on the way to work before 9 o'clock morning. When we came down for breakfast at 10 the time, he winked at me, brought us down to the table, where he had placed a pre-written card and a character I had bought for her. The lights were turned off, and he came singing out of the cake, decorated with beautiful lights. Three different stores he had visited, before he found a cake he was happy with, and that was dangerous for her alergies. So here we are talking first class service!! Great and more than big enough room, which was unreal quiet, although we stayed only 2 minutes walk from the Champs Elysees, always neat and clean when we came in from the current tour. Close to Metro, good restaurants and great sights. Have already recommended the hotel to friends and acquaintances, and is in no doubt about where I will stay if I will be visiting Paris again. THANKS!!

Thanks to the friendly staff, and especially Christopher, at Hotel Galileo, as did my friend, and mine, 6-day stay in Paris an unforgettable vacation!! Always god service to, regardless of difficulty, and time of day. Help to find in the Metro system in both directions and time aspect ( we werw going out to dance in different places almost every night ) and also maps, so wegot out to the different dance studios, was conjured up no matter how busy they were.
When I would suprice my travel partner with a cake for her 40th birtday, but had trouble getting it though, due to various allergies, and language issues around this, offered Christopher to get a cake on his way to work before 9 o`clock morning. When we came down for breakfast at 10 the next morning, he winked at me, brought us down to the table, where he had placed a pre-written card and a character I had bought for her. The lights were turned off, and he came singing out with a nice cake, decorated with beautiful lights.
Three different stores he had visited, before he found a cake he was happy with, and that was not dangerous for her alergies. :-) So, here we are talking more than first class service!!!!
Great and more than big enough room, which was unreal quiet, although we stayed only two minuts walk from the Champ Elysèes, always neat and clean when we came from the current tour. Close to Metro, good restaurants and great sights. Have already recomended the hotel to friends and acquaintances, and is in no doubt about where I will stay if I will be visiting Paris again. :-) THANKS

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends