“A very chic and quiet hotel located right next to the famous streets of Paris and the Arc de Triumph”
Review of Hotel Galileo

Hotel Galileo
Ranked #140 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Service is really nice, love the ambiance, enjoyed the room and ESPECIALLY the location. Next door is your Paris paradise. Loved everything (like the breakfast mmm prosciutto) and if you have any questions ask Christopher if he's around, very friendly, funny, and really knows his stuff. Thank you for your great service and the amazing stay!

• Stayed June 2014
Nelly R, Propriétaire at Hotel Galileo, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Bonjour de Paris!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! It's so nice to know that you spent a nice time with us and in Paris!
The hotel is situated in the hart of Paris but in a small and very quiet street, so you can enjoy a nice rest after visiting the City of Lights all the day.
We hope to welcome you again very soon.
Delphine / Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was our third trip to Paris in two years, and Hotel Galileo surpassed our expectations. Our room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was small, but clean and modern. The location is just off the Champs-Elysee, yet the street is charming and quiet. We used the nearby Metro stop and were able to navigate the city with ease. Christopher's reputation as a friendly, yet professional concierge has not been exaggerated. We are eager to return to Hotel Galileo!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Su,

Thank you so much for your warm comment! It was a real pleasure to welcome you in our small Boutique and Parisian hotel.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

There were many good things to be said about this hotel, but it would not be fair either to TripAdvisor users or to the other establishments I have reviewed not to mention the not-so-good things too. First of all, the exceptional: concierge and front-desk man Christophe. Charming, knowledgeable and very helpful. Possibly the best I have ever come across. Then the good: position close to the Bateaux Mouches, the Champs Elysees, not too far from the Eiffel Tower or the Palais de Tokyo as well as great metro stops that will get you virtually anywhere in Paris. Now the to-be-expected: Room was clean and nicely furnished including a good large and firm bed. And the not-so-good. The room was exceptionally small. The only hotel room I have ever stayed in that was smaller was in New York in a budget hotel off Times Square. And the really bad: Internet was so unreliable that although we persisted in trying to make it work, in the end we gave up. In my view, until they fix this they should not advertise it. All this has to be seen in context. It is only a three-star hotel and in that group stands good comparison. But at €450 a night excluding breakfast it was far too expensive for what it offered. The hotel blamed Booking dot com for the high price, which may well be true but it still sets the standard they have to live up to. Bottom line: I would not recommend considering this hotel unless you can get it for around half the price we paid and you were not planning to use the room's Internet access.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank M1adison
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you very much for your comment and it was really nice to welcome you at the Galileo Hotel.
It's true that we are a small boutique hotel with only 27 rooms like a little cosy House. We can understand that for you, it was too small but it's the Parisian charm!
You made a reservation in the very very busy and fair period in Paris, it's why the rate was really high. All the city was fully booked!
Do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next visit because we have always some promotions to propose you.
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is amazing..I just checked in today and it is just perfect..location is convenient and great..my room is so amazing :)
All the staff are good and so friendly , specially Cristophe..
I am glad that I booked this one ;)

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Mozah,

All the team of the Galileo join me to thank you for your lovely comment! It's so nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This small but contemporary hotel is located about 2 minutes for Champs Elysees and just 5 more minutes to the Arc de Triomphe. It is surrounded by great shopping and lots of restaurants but on a quiet side street. Less than a 5 minute walk to a fun and delicious bakery/breakfast shop (Josephine's). The rooms were very clean and well appointed and the staff was very helpful and polite. They gave us recommendations for restaurants that were spot on (even made the reservations for us one evening) and set up a custom tour for the six of us that was wonderful. We highly recommend the Hotel Galileo!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bonjour de Paris!

What a lovely comment! All the team join me to thank you very much and it was a real pleasure to welcome you.
Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for a week in early June 2014, and I think Hotel Galileo is a place with many great qualities. First, the hotel seems to be quite new, and the rooms are modern and very clean. Second, the hotel is in a convenient location, about 1 and one-half blocks off of the Champs Elysee, on a small, quiet street, an easy walk from the George V Metro stop. Third, the hotel personnel are helpful, upbeat, and pleasant (and they speak English well).
Just to elaborate a bit further. I mentioned to one of the gentlemen who worked behind the front desk that I was heading to the Flea Market (which I had never visited before). I confirmed with him the Metro stop, and then he handed me a Flea Market map. While I did not then think I needed it, I took it and stuffed it in my purse. Only later, when I arrived at the Flea Market, did I realize how much I needed that map -- the place is enormous, and the small alleys seem to wind on for miles, making a map really essential.
I noticed a few comments among other reviewers about the breakfast. My daughter and I ate breakfast at the hotel each day, and we were completely satisfied. No, they don't serve omelettes and pancakes, but they do have fresh croissants, fresh baguette rolls, other breads, cheeses, assorted meats, yogurts, cereals, eggs, fresh fruit, milk, tea, and coffee. This was more than enough for us, and it was hugely convenient each day to go down and find the breakfast all set out. Also, the breakfast server ladies were most pleasant.
A few people have noted that the rooms are small, and yes, they are by American standards. Compared to other European hotels I have stayed in, I do not think our room was small.
I felt quite safe in this hotel, and the street is quiet but not isolated. I do think, though, that the eateries in this area are quite high priced, and this became apparent to my daughter and I when we ate dinner in other areas, like the Marais, where food is just less costly.
Another good feature of this hotel is that it is near the drop off point for the Air France bus that brings passengers from Charles de Gaulle Airport. I read about this bus in one of my tour books, and we found the bus at CDG with no trouble (there are big signs). The bus is very reasonable, and it is modern and clean. It makes two stops in Paris, one right near the Arc de Triomphe, which is very close to the hotel (about three city blocks, and by that I mean small blocks). We were able to wheel our suitcases to the hotel without any trouble. The bus leaves CDG every twenty minutes, and it is not necessary to fly Air France to take it (we flew on American). There is a Metro stop right near the bus stop, but we did not need to get on it. So the hotel is an easy commute from CDG by this bus. Returning, I had an extra huge suitcase, since I bought two paintings at the Flea Market, so we had to take a cab. The cab fare from the hotel to the airport was 62 euros, plus the tip, so the bus is much cheaper.
I think there are more charming neighborhoods in Paris (this one was very nice, but we liked the Marais the most), but this hotel worked really well for us, and I recommend it highly because it is clean, quiet, safe, and an easy commute to everywhere in Paris by the Metro.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ChicagoTennisMom
Dear Madam,

A big THANK YOU for your warm comment! It was so nice to welcome you with your daughter at the Galileo hotel and to help you during your stay with us.
Do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next visit in Paris.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We spent four amazing days in paris. The hotel was comfortable, clean, excelent location, one minute walk from champs alisee, near metro. breakfast was nice. Special thanks to Christofer who helped a lot with every question.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank orly421
Nelly R, Propriétaire at Hotel Galileo, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Madam,

We thank you very much for your lovely comment and it was a real pleasure to welcome you at the Galileo Hotel.
Do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next visit.
We hope to see you again very soon.