“Great location, well run hotel but need renovation”

Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel
Ranked #246 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Vienna, Austria
“Great location, well run hotel but need renovation”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed here with my family for new years holiday. The hotel is managing by Sofitel. You see the quality. Excellent location, rich breakfast buffet. From reception staffs to housekeepers all staffs were very friendly. The concierge service were working well.

But I think the hotel is dated. Should renovate rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MustafaGungor
Vincent A, Directeur général at Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

I am pelased to read you have been able to enjoy the Sofitel service in the heart of Paris. We strive for perfection, and the Sofitel touch makes the whole experience even more appreciable.

Last summer, we have worked on making the outside of the building regain its original beauty.
The last refurbishment was done in 2007 by Jacques Grange; who has kept the hotels' characteristics from the past in order to offer a unique experience to our clients. We continuously work on making the hotel as comfortable and stylish as possible; your comments are valuable to us.

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you again at the Hotel Scribe Paris.

Kind regards,

Vincent Arnaud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We discovered this hotel 4 year ago as we wanted to to find a good place to stay during Christmas ----since then we cam back 3 time and never been disappointed - The hotel is at a perfect location for us - Rooms are good and staff is giving the right attention and concierge giving very good advises - A perfect hotel for people that like a bit of luxury in a cosy place -

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Vincent A, Directeur général at Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for providing us with such a great review. Your loyalty and your comments are valuable to us.
At the Hotel Scribe Paris, we strive for excellence through the ambassadors and service; I am pleased to read you have been satisfied.

I certainly hope there will be a fifth visit and many more yet to come.

Looking forward to welcoming you to the Hotel Scribe Paris soon.

Sincererly,

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

great location, generally pleasant staff, good room (for a family of four) if pricey. nice touches everywhere and very stylish. despite v expensive room rate we were charged for (very poor: slow service, old food, poor selection, confused staff) breakfast a very high rate, which was very disappointing.

Room Tip: beware breakfast charges if you are not on an inclusive rate.... 30 euros each for poor food isn'...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank doug s
Vincent A, Directeur général at Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comment through Trip advisor.
I am delighted to read that you have had a wonderful time at the Hotel Scribe Paris and that our staff has fulfilled your expectations. Although, I would like to express my sincerest apologies regarding your breakfast experience. Our staff works on a daily basis to ensure our guests' satisfaction, this is why I am quite astonished to read your comment.

At Sofitel we strive to offer a high end quality of service to our guests, therefore, your opinion is very valuable to us.

I would be very keen to offer you another breakfast experience at the hotel, please feel free to revert to our guest relation department at your earliest convenience in order to work out the most suitable option for you on our end. I remain at your entire disposal should you require any further assistance and I am very looking forward to welcoming you back.

With warm regards,
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 1 February 2014

It was my second stay at Hotel Scribe managed by Sofitel, Paris. After staying there once, I just couldn't think of any other hotel. It was like returning to 'my place'. Yes, there are so many places to stay in Paris but if you're a perfectionist like me, there are a few alternatives indeed. It's a real 5 star class hotel which has the universal quality standards. (So no need to mention its cleanless, comfort, service, etc) Also the design of its rooms are very practical and comfortable. The size of its rooms are very good; (we're used to have big rooms in Istanbul - I recommend the Club Sofitel rooms but the luxury rooms are also very good.) The hotel's location is amazing. The breakfast was even enriched and delicious. The General Manager, Mr. Vincent Arnaud was very polite and hospital; he even upgraded our room for our loyalty. The Guest Relations Manager, Louise was also very gentle and professional. Before we arrived at the hotel, I arranged our restaurant bookings and got information about the events with the help of the concierge representatives who were very fast and helpful. This hotel deserves to be loyal. And now I like to be in Paris more. I strongly recommend Hotel Scribe managed by Sofitel.

Room Tip: I believe all of the rooms are very good at this hotel. I stayed at Club Sofitel room and at luxury...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hale-Istanbul
Dear guest,

It is a real pleasure to read your kind words.
On behalf of the Hotel Scribe Paris Ambassadors, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers.

Our Luxury Club rooms are indeed spacious and offer great comfort. The beautifully furnished rooms make the experience unique. You may have noticed the framed drawings made by Yves Saint Laurent; the Hermès toiletries in the bathroom; and the softness of the Mybed bedding, exclusively designed for Sofitel; which gives a whole different meaning to coziness.

I certainly hope we will welcome you again very soon. Your "parisian" pied-a-terre is waiting for you.

Cheshire, U.K
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Disappointed... Our (first) room had a bad odour of drains and we asked for another. There was no drama about this and the second room was good - except - there was no facility to hang coats. We raised this issue and a free-standing rail came to the room: this may sound petty but I don't expect to stay in a 5* hotel and have to put two fur coats over a chair and hang a suit in the bathroom.
In addition the bathroom had a grubby seal around the bath and the extractor fan (which didn't work anyway) was caked with dust.
And so: great location but would other hotels offer more? I think so...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Vincent A, Directeur général at Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Sheena099,

You took some time to write these comments about the Hotel Scribe and I really thank you for this. I am truly sorry that your experience was not as good as you could have expected, due to the room which did not meet your expectations.

Actually all our rooms are different : in some rooms there is one closet, in other rooms several closets and in bigger ones a chest of drawers in addition. Guests who stay more than two nights are usually given rooms with many storage, and it seems that it was not the case for you, please accept my sincere apologies.

Concerning the bathroom, housekeepers are told to pay special attention to hygiene and cleanliness, and I must say that we have very few complaints about this matter. However, you can be assured that I will take the appropriate measures to avoid this kind of negligence in the future.

I really hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in a near future, as this stay did not reflect the quality of service we intend to offer to our guests. Do not hesitate to contact the Guest Relation Manager prior to your arrival, who will do his best to make your stay at the Hotel Scribe a memorable moment.

Best Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Spent two nights at the Hotel Scribe for work. I was impressed with the front desk staff, who were friendly without being obsequious; with the room, which was comfortable and smartly designed, and with the room service, which was prompt and tasty. The prices were outlandish, but I wasn't paying. The location was convenient for me but it's not the most dynamic part of Paris. A few small negatives: the gym, as noted by others, is small and very limited and the room service staff tried to upsell me with my breakfast order, which was irritating. One larger problem: I was stuck in the elevator for about 5 minutes (the car lurched to a stop and the door opened to a cinderblock wall)- not long enough to be a real inconvenience but long enough for me to get nervous. I was rescued after my pressing the alarm button summoned an employee, who seemed skeptical that I was stuck. It's an old building, and I appreciate that these things happen but I'd rather not be treated with suspicion for being trapped.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kellogg,

Thank you for sharing your experience with travelers all around the world ! At the Hotel Scribe, all the staff members have the sense of service. They are welcoming, smiling and attentive to the guests needs.
The gym is actually not very large compared to other five star hotels but offer everything you may need : performing machines, exercises carpets, television, towels...It is located in the spa so you can enjoy a relaxing turkish bath or a massage after sport.
I hope that you will come back to visit us soon, and this time, I assure you that you will not be stuck into the elevator !

Best Regards,