“Wonderful stay at the Hotel Scribe”

Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel
Ranked #233 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We loved our stay at the Hotel Scribe. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and well-decorated. The service was great, and the concierge helped us choose every restaurant…every one of which we enjoyed. I recommend the hotel's breakfast buffet. We ate there every morning and it was always a delicious start to our day. I'd love to stay at this hotel again. It's fun, sophisticated, and well-located.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ecatsnow
Beatrice S, Directeur général at Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are most grateful for you taking the time to post such a pleasant review of your stay at the Hotel Scribe Paris!

Rest assured we will share your comments with our entire staff, who continuously strives to provide better guest services.
Your satisfaction is our greatest reward!

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

With warm regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,186)

Reviewed 23 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Richard H
Vincent A, Directeur général at Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Arriving at 10.30 h am after an overnight flight from Vietnam
we already could move into a beautiful room with impressive view.
This hotel is very well located and offers high comfort.
Breakfast is various and delicious. Staff: extremely friendly and helpful.
We strongly recommend Scribes and will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Vincent A, Directeur général at Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I am glad to know that you were able to get a room directly upon arrival. When we have the possibility to do so, it is always a pleasure as we know our guests are exhausted when they arrive after a long trip. It allowed you to fully enjoy your first day in Paris, and it seems that you had a wonderful time.
I hope that you will come back to visit us, we will be glad to welcome you again in the same conditions.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Our wonderfully romantic stay in Paris was spoilt by the rudeness of the staff at Hotel Scribe. At 11pm on Saturday we settled down in a couch in the bar area to be told we had to move and would not be served a drink unless we moved, after complaining to the staff and then manager I was told "hard-luck"! - This is a 5 star Hotel?? The concierge that night was not better, I asked her if I could get a single Rose for my partner's birthday and she said "I suppose you want it free!"

Next time I shall stay at the Intercontinental across the street! - What a shame such a lovely hotel is spoiled be the rudeness and arrogance of their front of house staff.

Room Tip: Dont bother staying unless you can abide rude unfreindly staff. I upgraded to a Queen room which was...
6  Thank David G
Vincent A, Directeur général at Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comment through Tripadvisor. Your opinion is very valuable to us therefore, your comment will be spread to the concerned department head.

I would like to express my sincerest apologies regarding your experience at the Bar and with our concierge, at Sofitel we strive to deliver a very high end quality of service to our guests and I am astonished to read that you felt that our staff was rude. There will be a full investigation regarding that issue and we will take the necessary actions.

I would be very keen to welcome you again in our Parisian mansion, I would ensure you a beautiful stay along with a VIP treatment as well as an upgrade according to our availability upon your arrival to the Hotel. Please feel free to revert to us at your earliest convenience.

I remain at your disposal should you need any assistance and I am very looking forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Scribe Paris.

With kind regards

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

In january. I visited paris for business meeting there from tokyo
Usually i stayed in sofitel paris
But this time many japanese recommended one hotel named hotel scribe with appraise
I decided that stay there
First time. When i visit there. I disappointed from small out looking of hotel
Location was good but Entrance is very small and even beside of entrance is under construction
Lobby was small but neat also room was very small but neat and cozy clean
My room was inside view
So maybe i felt like that suffocated
But for staying is not much problem
Good thing was bed sheet what they used
Its super cozy i never felt from any another 5star hotel
And this hotel is very memorable hotel for cinema
Cause of cinema born in this hotel 100years ago
It is also good historic gift from paris during my staying
No sky lounge but got memorable historic hotel
Sometimes recommed it like this also good

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Vincent A, Directeur général at Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your eperience on TripAdvisor.

We are extremely pleased you have enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Scribe Paris.
Our establishment is very different from the other Sofitel in Paris; since the history of the building is so great, we have decorated the hotel keeping its colorful past.
Each floor of the hotel is dedicated to a celebrity part of the hotel history. From Josephine Baker to the Lumière Brothers, you discover more and more as you keep coming back.

It would our pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I visited the Hotel Scribe in November 2013. The service was impeccable. The room was very nice with a beautiful bathroom including a shower and a tub. The hotel itself is historic being built in 1861, and very interesting. Each floor has a specific theme. We were on the 5th floor (the Visionaries – birth of cinema). There was breakfast on the lower floor each morning with a great assortment of breakfast foods, fruits, juices, and coffee (including French press of course).

The management and staff of the hotel were especially attentive. When we checked in we were met by the assistant manager Nadjet. She showed us to our room and made sure were comfortable. She also greeted us every day at breakfast or as we moved through the lobby. She asked about our day and our activities and made sure we were enjoying our stay. She was fantastic!

The location is perfect. You can walk to the Louvre, the Plaza de le Concorde, the Champs-Elysees, L'église de la Madeleine, as well as several metro stations. It’s only a short car-ride to the Eiffel Tower and the Gare du Nord train station. The hotel is surrounded by shops and restaurants that will delight. I could go on and on.

I strongly recommend Hotel Scribe. You will love it!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the street (rue Scribe) and it was very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Vincent A, Directeur général at Hotel Scribe Paris Opera by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear valued guest,

I would like to thank you for providing fellow travelers with your feedback.

It is a real pleasure to read your review. The Hotel Scribe Paris has inherited a great history; I hope you will get to see more of it upon your next stay. If I may also add; each floor has its own scent, created to offer our guests a unique environment.

I am very pleased you were satisfied with our service; a French touch delivered by an internationally focused staff. Your kind words are a real tribute to Nadjet our Guest Relation Manager; you have made her day, so thank you for that.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon and hopefully provide you with additional historical and magnificent information about the Hotel Scribe Paris.