1,553 results
All reviews the executive lounge great location river cruise eiffel tower concierge desk galeries lafayette upgraded room top floor large room two blocks decent size two metro stations croissants opera galleries blvd europe
Reviewed 28 November 2013

The first leg of our European tour was 3 days spent at this hotel. I have to say it is one of the best hotels we have stayed at. Our basic room was still very opulent, extremely clean and more than comfortable. Sleep quality was the best we've ever had with the mattresses and pillows fantastic...it was also very quiet which is probably our top requirement given we a light sleepers. Breakfasts were great...nothing to complain about there. Only negative is the pricing of drinks at the hotel e.g. 7 euro for a bottle of water! All reception staff were great, spoke English well and went out of their way to assist us when we needed it. Location is good and within walking distance to the many cafes, restaurants and bars as well as some tourist sight seeing locations e.g. the Opera House is only a block away and we also walked to the Louvre (easy 20min walk). This hotel made our first trip to Paris a highlight.

Date of stay: October 2013
2  Thank NewmansBrisbane
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This a well located hotel. It is a really old property and needs some real improvement. I first checked into a regular room, which was pretty small and gloomy. Then I upgraded to a Jr Suite and it was a lot better. Bathroom was just ok, bath amenities less than ok. No water pressure in the shower and consequently a baaaad shower experience. Breakfast was just ok.
So, there's nothing extraordinary about this place.
Maybe I would come back, depending on price.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Leo D
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Kicked-off a multi-city trip at Paris in late September, and was able to get a somewhat "last minute" booking here. The hotel was great, and everything from check-in to check-out proved to be exactly what I had hoped for.

Location-wise, it is situated nicely in-between two Metro stations (Chausee d'Antin & Richelieu Drouot), and was easy to get to via RER/Metro from CDG. It is literally a quick walk to the Opera district's bustling scene on one end, and then more street cafes and restaurants on the other end along the Blvd Montmartre. The Opera area has a nice mix of residential and business dwellings, and the hotel is nicely set along a relatively quiet stretch of Bd Haussmann--which makes for quiet nights, yet still walking distance to culture and scenes.

The hotel itself looks renovated in a classic, almost art deco style. The front desk staff was fantastic, and did their best to check me out, and to check me out at the end of my stay...all without compromising service. Though I'm not an active Marriott guest, I was treated like I had elite status, and was even upgraded to an executive floor with access to the lounge.

My guest room was quite large for European standards, but that's usually what to expect especially with US-branded hotels. It was clean, modern, and very spacious, and the French doors opening the windows to the street were beautiful. I loved everything about the room, and it truly made for a comfortable stay.

I primarily had breakfast in the lounge, which was more than adequate. I even popped-in the lounge for an afternoon reception at least once, when I wasn't out and about in the city.

Not once did I have to request anything; internet worked fine, room temperature held on its own, and I was never in need of bathroom amenities. It was the perfect place to rest after traipsing around the city with my friends, who stayed in another arrondissement.

I would definitely stay here again, and highly recommend it for those who don't mind a short walk into the quiet of the neighborhoods after enjoying the hustle and bustle that is Paris.

Room tip: Choose a room that looks over Bd. Haussmann.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Wenactually
Frederic_Schaub1, Manager at Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear “WenLa”,
We are glad to read that you fully enjoy Paris and that you became a real Parisian strolling in every district.
We thank you for your nice comment on our customer service and to recommend our hotel, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Paris! I will be delighted to assist you with your trip!

Best regards

Reviewed 25 November 2013

D hotel is well connected, property is old but charming.Not many eating options in and around d hotel if you are a veggie, The breakfast spread is really good. The lobby has a flavor of richness to it. There are regular shuttle buses to Marco Polo airport that leave from close to the Hotel. Orly airport is far off.

Date of stay: November 2013
3  Thank aman_malhotra

Dear “Aman_malh”
Thank you for your post. When renovated the hotel in 2010 we kept the charm of the Haussmann architecture.
On your next visit, feel free to ask our concierge on vegetarian restaurant options around.
Hope to see you back soon with us!
Best regards

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We recently had a week in October. Our outlook was an internal quad, quiet but not exciting or interesting! The breakfast each day was included and this was a bonus. We had lovely walks to many nearby sites. Our room was adequate on the 2nd floor.

Room tip: Maybe an upgrade to a junior suite would be worth the extra.
Date of stay: October 2013