“Travelled with wife and 2 kids”

Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #563 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Travelled with my wife and 2 kids (1 & 3 yr old) I booked a superior room only to find out max is 3/room. My bad but fine I always stay at Marriott, they offered an upsell for a suite @ 180Euros/night ended up roughly 480Euros/night total, thinking it was my mistake for not checking so I agreed. Nice suite on the 4th floor, room was spacious and comfortable, I noticed the A/C was not functioning properly so I called the NEXT DAY, technician came to check, found out they can't fix it so they moved us to another suite literally above us so 5th floor. Again same problem I brought it up to front desk only to get an explanation it's A/C is weather adaptive basically if it's not that cold or hot outside, A/C is just on fan mode even if you adjust thermostat, I thought that's the weirdest explanation and her supervisor who She spoke to in the back did not even come out to address this personally. I was sweating in bed but I guess thats normal for them. I tried to feel the vent and you could barely feel any air coming out. Even my kid said to open window as He himself was hot. We were offered a fan but with 2 kids, That could be a disaster waiting to happen. I brought it up to them saying I don't want to move again as it was our 2nd night We were leaving the next day. They could have at least checked it but no. I paid for a premium price assuming I am getting what it's worth but disappointed with how customer service was not provided, not a Marriott core value. Will be back in Paris but will cross this one out.

And forget room service, it took over an hour to deliver, 2nd time room service they called after 40 mins to ask if We have got our food, obviously not yet, I guess they forgot about it.

Room Tip: find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jprdlp

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Wonderful hotel... older hotel, smallish rooms, but very updated! Bathrooms all new, bedding and furnishing all new. Just one block to Galleries Lafayette and Opera House, about 1.5 mile walk to Lourve. Staff amazing, no request went unanswered...concierge staff was so very helpful with dinner reservations...went above and beyond. Breakfast was so nice, sunny bright room overlooking Haussmann Blvd. Fun to drink breakfast coffee and watch the world go by. Free WIFI for my young adults was a plus++++ Taxi stand right outside. Just only one wish...that the hotel had an ATM in the lobby or other safe place. Not safe to use on the street, not hotels fault but that is another story...Merci to all at the Ambassador Hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the toilet in the bathroom...my mother and I had a separete toilet room without...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alice G
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Wonderful hotel centrally located! Staff was incredibly helpful and very courteous. The hotel took care of our vehicle (valet parking) for a small fee and never had to worry about it. We highly suggest this hotel to anyone!

Thank JordanandAracel... R
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott for 3 nights for our first trip to Paris. We really liked the location as it was within walking distance of many things and in a nice neighborhood. We had heard that hotel rooms in Paris can be on the smaller side but our place was very roomy with new and comfortable furniture and plenty of storage space.
The concierges and the front desk people were extremely helpful whenever we had questions or needed advice. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning and felt it gave us a good start for our busy days.
We will return to Paris and we will certainly chose the hospitality and comfort of the Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador again.

Room Tip: Some people have made comments about what rooms on what floors have the best views. We were facing B...
2  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights during our honeymoon in France. The management team and staff here is great. It for sure lives up to the Marriott name.

The best part of this place is the location. It is so easy to get around and there are so many great shops and cafes around.

My only complaints are this: First, the internet was horrible. Couldn't connect and it seemed like hotel management was taking its sweet-time to fix it. Second, some of the other hotel room guests were very loud at night and the hotel management team seemed unable to stop them from partying post-4am.

2  Thank John A
Reviewed 8 April 2014

After traveling nearly two weeks in Italy, it was nice to check in for some comforts of home - you know what to expect at a high-end Marriott and that is exactly what we got. The location is good, the hotel is very Parisian and the comforts of a big room and Marriott bed were welcome sites for weary travelers. The bar staff was friendly and fun and the staff was very accommodating of our multiple requests for suggestions in the best way to maneuver the major tourist attractions with limited time and energy to do so. Although we stayed on a "Friends and Family" rate, we were treated like kings.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Came back as I stayed here a year ago when this was part of the Radisson chain and was very satisfied then. Marriott took over in late 2013 and it is obvious there are a number of start up issues that needs to be fixed. The extremely poor wi-fi is one. We upgraded to a suite on the 7th floor. Then you do expect the towel heater and the cold water tap to be functioning. When I told a person in the staff he asked me to tell the reception as he was so busy and might forget.to tell them! There were more examples. Clearly Marriott must prioritize to get this hotel up to an acceptable operations and service level.
The breakfast room and service on the 8th floor is great! Location is great. Concierge was great. Prices are four to five star level. This hotel should have - at least - a rating of four but not until they have fixed these flaws.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nahoj
Camille G, Responsable relations clients at Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Nahoj,

I thank you for sharing your experience with other traveller. Those technical issue Heater and cold water have been solved. The Wifi will be upgraded and within 6 weeks we will again meet everyone expectations. We look forward to your next visit and remain,

Yours sincerely,