Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel
  • Room Service
US$274
US$220
  • Restaurant
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$166
Official Site
Hotel La Manufacture(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$1,235
US$1,184
  • Pool
1,394 results
All reviewsthe executive loungegreat locationboulevard haussmanneiffel towerplatinum memberconcierge deskupgraded roomtop flooran upgradelarge roomtwo blocksdecent sizetwo metro stationssacre coeurcroissantsoperalafayette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The location is very good. The nearest metro station is very close - about a block away. You can walk to the Lourve - about 15 minutes. A large high-end shopping complex is a block away. The room was fine - we didn't spend much time in it. It is nice to have a door to shut between the bathroom and shower area and the sleeping area for those who wake early so as not to disturb. The shower had mediocre water pressure and you have to step over a high bathtub side to get in. Just FYI for those with hip/joint issues. The towel warming rack is quite nice and the towels are big and fluffy. If you are able to have breakfast on the top floor's concierge's lounge, you will find enough to satisfy most needs. The room is kind of small, so in high season it could be tight. We were able to find a place to sit and eat the days we were there - but just barely. Also - the hotel gives notice that if you take any food from here you will be charged room service (?!). They also offer snacks and drinks here later in the afternoon - choices are limited. The elevator is quite small - two people with suitcases or four people without luggage is about all it can fit. I wouldn't mind coming here again because when you're in Paris - staying in the hotel room is not what you came here for!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeana P
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Recently I spent two nights in the Paris Opera Marriott. The Opera House is close, but the website leads one to believe that it is closer…..The lobby is under renovation, which is a pity because the exterior of the building is lovely and I assume that the new lobby will be very nice. The bar is convenient, and the service was efficient. The lounge was tiny, and very over crowded. It is a waste to pay for access given the size and limited offerings, which when they are gone do not reappear. My room was very nice, faced the street and had a tiny balcony, but the door was set so that it did not open all the way. The bed was comfortable and I had plenty of room for my luggage. Do not ask for a taxi to the airport. As I was in Paris during the marathon weekend, I asked the front desk to reserve a taxi for me so I could catch my early flight. They did so, but did not disclose to me that there was a 15 Euro charge for the reservation. It was also supposed to be a taxi that took credit cards. The driver told me on the way to the airport that there was an accident and we had to divert, which I do not believe was truthful, my taxi ride was 94 Euros and he had to call someone for the credit card machine. It was truly awful. I have no idea what service the hotel uses, but don’t ask them for help. Also, there were plenty of taxis (the staff told me I had to reserve to assure transportation). Other than that, my stay was just fine.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelerT796
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Travelled with my wife and 2 kids (1 & 3 yr old) I booked a superior room only to find out max is 3/room. My bad but fine I always stay at Marriott, they offered an upsell for a suite @ 180Euros/night ended up roughly 480Euros/night total, thinking it was my mistake for not checking so I agreed. Nice suite on the 4th floor, room was spacious and comfortable, I noticed the A/C was not functioning properly so I called the NEXT DAY, technician came to check, found out they can't fix it so they moved us to another suite literally above us so 5th floor. Again same problem I brought it up to front desk only to get an explanation it's A/C is weather adaptive basically if it's not that cold or hot outside, A/C is just on fan mode even if you adjust thermostat, I thought that's the weirdest explanation and her supervisor who She spoke to in the back did not even come out to address this personally. I was sweating in bed but I guess thats normal for them. I tried to feel the vent and you could barely feel any air coming out. Even my kid said to open window as He himself was hot. We were offered a fan but with 2 kids, That could be a disaster waiting to happen. I brought it up to them saying I don't want to move again as it was our 2nd night We were leaving the next day. They could have at least checked it but no. I paid for a premium price assuming I am getting what it's worth but disappointed with how customer service was not provided, not a Marriott core value. Will be back in Paris but will cross this one out.

And forget room service, it took over an hour to deliver, 2nd time room service they called after 40 mins to ask if We have got our food, obviously not yet, I guess they forgot about it.

Room Tip: find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jprdlp
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Wonderful hotel... older hotel, smallish rooms, but very updated! Bathrooms all new, bedding and furnishing all new. Just one block to Galleries Lafayette and Opera House, about 1.5 mile walk to Lourve. Staff amazing, no request went unanswered...concierge staff was so very helpful with dinner reservations...went above and beyond. Breakfast was so nice, sunny bright room overlooking Haussmann Blvd. Fun to drink breakfast coffee and watch the world go by. Free WIFI for my young adults was a plus++++ Taxi stand right outside. Just only one wish...that the hotel had an ATM in the lobby or other safe place. Not safe to use on the street, not hotels fault but that is another story...Merci to all at the Ambassador Hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the toilet in the bathroom...my mother and I had a separete toilet room without a sink, strange to say the least...my daughters had another room 2 shared a king size bed and the roll away bed for the third was very comfy, but they had a regular bathroom shower stall only, but not having a bath was fine.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alice G
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Wonderful hotel centrally located! Staff was incredibly helpful and very courteous. The hotel took care of our vehicle (valet parking) for a small fee and never had to worry about it. We highly suggest this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple