“Pleasant stay”

Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #501 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
“Pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel is very well located. It has good rooms and the staff is friendly. Paris is a very busy city and nobody wants to stay inside a hotel so this hotel is a very good option. Breakfast is ok. Marriott always has safes in their rooms and that is very helpful. I stayed in april and I'm sure I'll choose it again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I used my Marriott points to stay at this hotel so I cannot comment on the affordability. The hotel was nice but not great. The location is in a bustling shopping area so be prepared for lots of people and traffic...this would not be a good hotel for a romantic getaway. The room was nice and probably larger than many European hotel rooms.

The concierge at the hotel was not so helpful. We asked for help with a couple of items and they seemed like we were a bother. In addition, we asked for a place to go for pizza, and they directed us to a restaurant that went out of business. Maybe I shouldn't have asked for Italian food in Paris :), but it seemed odd that a concierge at an upscale hotel would direct us to a place that was out of business.

While not a bad option, I would probably look elsewhere the next time I was in Paris.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank michael_in_irvine
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Booked in to stay in This hotel for 4 nights pre tour. Was disappointed considering what we paid for accommodation. There was very little hanging space for clothes in the room especially for ladies. I agree that rooms can be smaller in Europe but this was still small. There was a problem with the heated towel rail. The control switch was broken and didn't work. They are always handy for the odd clothes washing and drying. I reported this to a Hotel staff on two occasions but was never looked at. Service in the breakfast room wasn't good, frequently running out of cutlery and cups.

Room Tip: Rooms on 7th floor front of house Boulevard Haussmann have views of the Eiffel Tower
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ian F
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We moved to the Marriott opera from a different hotel in Paris. After our first Parisienne hotel experience the Marriott was a welcome oasis. The rooms are large, comfortable and luxurious. The service is professional and efficient and the location is perfect to wonder around Paris on foot. We had a rude awakening by the fire alarm but that did nothing to spoil our stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location, served by several Metro stations/lines, and a not-too-long walk uphill to Montmartre/Sacre Coeur. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was comfy. Wifi was terrible in the rooms, despite reviews/responses from hotel stating that the wifi has been updated. We were able to get good wifi reception only in the lobby, and in fact found ourselves surrounded by other guests all tapping away at iPhones/iPads/computers in the lobby because they had the same issue. With so many choices of great Paris hotels, I am not sure I would return to this one, but if I did stay here I would not be unhappy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marc L
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed 1 night on our way out of France, the rest of time we had stayed in vacation rentals but we wanted one last night inParis before a morning flight. We wanted a hotel with excellent concierge service since we would be returning a rental car and we didn't want to deal with the hassle of returning the car to the city location we rented from.

The lobby was lovely, our two children were greeted with large lollipops the shape of the Eiffel Tower, what's not to love when you are 6 and 8. Our rooms we're ready and we dropped the car keys with the concierge who took care of all the return arrangements. Wonderful!

The rooms were quiet and comfortable. We did not eat in the hotel preferring to have the bistro experience one last time. The walk back was lovely with a surprise view up the hill of Montmartre a block from the hotel. That was a treat since we didn't make it there this trip.

The real standout was he emergency concierge service I required the next morning upon arrival at the airport I realized I had left 1 carry on at the hotel in my room. I immediately called the hotel and the incredibly polite and efficient concierge immediately sent someone to the room, retrieved the bag, put it in a taxi, contacted me to provide the taxi driver information, and made sure I received my bag. Excellent service, I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone looking for convenient location, excellent value for money, and fantastic service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bmccw
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed at The Marriott Opera Ambassador in March 2014. Lovely Hotel in a great location near Galleries Lafayette the most beautiful shopping centre just loved it! Also near Pritemps shopping centre which has a wonderful rooftop Restuarant with great views. Near the Opera Garnier & a gorgeous church La Madeleine. Very clean rooms,spacious & the rooftop executive lounge is great.Beds were very comfortable & the breakfast was great! The only thing That stopped me giving an execellent score was we were in an adjoining room & you could hear everything in the other room so ask when booking not for an adjoining room!

Room Tip: Don't get an adjoining room - spend a bit more & get an executive room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends