Hotel Excelsior Opera
  • Room Service
US$274
US$220
  • Restaurant
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$166
Official Site
Hotel La Manufacture(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$129
Agoda.com
US$1,235
US$1,184
  • Pool
All reviewsgaleries lafayetteroissy bus stopgreat locationmain shoppingsmall hotelmetro stationstay there againfront desk staffcdg airporttea coffeesmall elevatorroom keyclean roomsnice breakfastwalking distanceexcellent hotelminute walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Thank our lucky star we chance on this hotel.Most importantly it was clean and a comfortable triple room with a good location.Shopping just walking distance and restuarants too.Galleries Lafayette just round the corner and so are other shopping outlets.
Staff there were friendly and well verse in English.The elevator is the smallest so far of all my hotels stay but not a problem as our room was on the second floor.
All in all it was a pleasant stay....should I have the chance to visit Paris again I will return to Excelsior Opera.....thank you.

Room Tip: Take the 1st or 2nd flr.if you have a lot of luggages....elevator can only take one person with a luggage.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Penangites_JJP
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We booked a triple room for 5 nights and asked for a room on a higher floor for our holiday in Paris. We got a corner room on the 6th (highest) floor with a balcony. The room was nice and clean with comfortable beds. We hardly heard any rumbling from the metro or any other noises. (We were worried before.) The staff were friendly and very helpful. All of them (at least all that we met) spoke English. And, the best part is of course the location! Next to Galeries Lafayette and the metro. Many shops and restaurants are nearby. The Roissy bus stop at Opera is only 5-minute walk. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank princesswow
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I chose this hotel because of its location near the Roissy bus stop for CDG and for Galleries Lafayette. Perfect for both. Friendly staff speaking English if required. Clean comfortable room with excellent bed and French doors with Juliet balcony overlooking quiet street at side of hotel. A bit of rumbling from the Metro but not enough to disturb one's sleep. Tea kettle and tea packets, cookies provided! Why people complain about small European elevators is beyond me...that is simply the way elevators in old European buildings are! A very pleasant place to spend the night and felt completely safe as a woman travelling alone. Lots of cafes and restaurants nearby to eat. Roissy bus was a five minute walk and also safe at five-thirty a.m.

Room Tip: I liked the second floor on the side (not facing Lafayette).
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank wilnogirl
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I booked four triple rooms at this hotel for 3 days just after Christmas 2013. The best room rate offered was 212 Euros/room/night. The rooms were marginally OK at best. There was no breakfast included which meant that my family had to go down the street every morning for breakfast. The shock came as I was paying the final bill of 2551 Euros (7.50 Euros for the Mini-bar) when the guy on reception stated that next time we stay, the room rate would be 175 Euros/night/room and breakfast would be included for my 12 family members. That would be a saving of over 550 Euros which would have made a lot of difference to our holiday in Paris. Why wasn't that offered in the first place? Or afterwards, while I had to put up with being badgered by the Manager, Marine who wanted additional security before she was prepared to confirm the booking for four triple rooms. That was sorted but my family and I feel utterly ripped off by this hotel and we will not be staying there again. I strongly recommend that anyone who wants to stay there (and the location is excellent) drive a very hard bargain with these people before booking this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank John W
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant welcome by the staff and very nice rooms at a great location! I can walk to anywhere from here!!!! Plus the staff speaks not only french and english but also spanish. What is also good is that you can leave the key safely in the hotel rather than worring on if you will lose it or not.

1  Thank Jelena R