“Disgusted”

Grand Hotel du Havre
Ranked #1,679 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 July 2013

What a terrible place to stay!! The grumpy old man at the desk needs a lesson in customer service and just plain manners as he yelled at us as soon as we walked in the door and got irate at the most straightforward questions. The location is ok but the noise from the traffic is so loud it is difficult to sleep in due to the walls not being thick enough and there is no air con which on 30 degree days isnt acceptable. The elevator at most fits in two people which makes it most difficult when travelling in a big group!! Never again would I stay here!!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anna J

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed there 2 weeks ago, the room, towels and bedding were clean and quite comfortable. I suggest you take your own pillow with you, as the one provided by the hotel is good for one night only. Seriously, we expected it to be quite bad after reading all the reviews, but it was amazing, we left early in the mornings and came back late in the evenings so it was a perfect place to just sleep. Our room was facing the street, and we could hear the train during the day but I did not hear anything during nights. Our room wasn't big but it really served its purpose.
Across the street from the hotel is a metro/train station, there is also Starbucks, and there is a little grocery shop in the shopping mall. We didn't have the breakfast at hotel due to the reviews we read and its cost, we just went to Starbucks in the morning.
Another thing, we were driving to Paris and we left our car in the shopping mall car park (which is just across the street).. we booked it online so we got a really good deal on it.

I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013

A shame cannot post the photo...
A room say 4 to 5m2 standing up below the roof. No shutter so waiking up at 6am. Breakfast choice awful, milk even mixed with water to optimize !
Cost : 140€
Only good point:reception staff charming (surely not responsible of such nightmare)

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I enjoyed the hotel. It's clean and the room is quite big, with a good bathroom. Very well located, few meters from subway station and Stores. Restaurant with reasonable breakfast. A little bit noisy, because it's near to the subway. Nice for travelling alone or business.

Room Tip: nice, clean, cheap
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Pro: staff is friendly; position is quite central; bathroom was clean.

Cons: the floor is quite noisy while walking (old parquet + moquette). WC was extremely noisy too. I could hear every metro passing (I guess it is built just above the metro station). It is possible to hear everything happens in neighbor rooms. The mattress was definitely asymmetric and the pillow was stick to the bet sheets (is this common in Paris? I find it weird). Bathroom had broken tiles and scratches. The breakfast is expensive compared to the little things offered. The guy bringing the clean placemats licked his finger for taking every single one. IMHO The overall price is slightly higher than the average for a lower service.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel last week,as part of a school trip through Italy and France. Before arriving I was very apprehensive, having read many poor reviews. The good news, is that it was not as bad as I feared. I had actually packed pillowcases after reading that they don't provide them. Pillowcases were provided (although a bit nobbly) and I really can't complain about this hotel. The rooms, beds (and elevator) are small, but that seems to be the norm in France and Italy. Wifi was free and easy to use. The location is very good, continental breakfast was decent. Our room was clean. There was a fair bit of noise from the road outside, through the night, and the pillows could use upgrading (they are a bit tired), but I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed for two nights and never had a minutes sleep from the noise of traffic and paper thin walls, the lobby was nice but that's it passed the lobby it was dirty, the room had stains on the walls, no pillow cases, light fittings hanging from wall by the electrical wires, bath taps hanging from wall by water pipes the was big enough for a toddler,when I went to the bar about 10pm for some water I was told to walk out the door turn right go up towards the traffic lights to the supermarket. As for breakfast stale baguette or a croissant which I carn't eat. The only reason I stayed was cause I was on business and didn't pay. This hotel is a dirty dump and I wouldn't stay there again even if I was payed to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013