“Reasonable and good location”
Review of Vintage Hostel

Vintage Hostel
Ranked #14 of 181 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed in the 4 bed dorm with private bathroom. Room was clean, a little small but it's okay coz you're just there to sleep. Breakfast was complimentary and very good. Fresh yummy croissants, juice, tea and coffee, muffins and some breads. The people at the reception were really helpful and very friendly. Location is good as it is about a 5-10 walk to metro Anvers and Gard du Nord terminal. It is also very close to Montmatre. There's a super market just around the corner and a few restaurants nearby. All in all a great place to stay.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jolanda G
Management response:Responded 9 May 2014

Thank you for your kind review. It is a pleasure to read that you had a nice experience at le Vintage Hostel in Paris.
We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed at two hostels in my stay in Paris (not for a bad reason), and comparing them the other one was better. This hostel was modern looking however the rooms looked very worn and could've been cleaner - not saying they were so dirty it bothered me though!
I paid for a 4 bed room but got into my room to find only 3 beds which was good; quite a small room, which was badly lit, and and even smaller bathroom. The shower goes a bit crazy so you do end up soaking the whole bathroom, the size is partly the problem.
There is free wifi which lasts for 4 days, however only really works in the communal area downstairs, and in some parts of the room temperamentally. The breakfast was simple but sufficient, a croissant or a roll (but this is everywhere in Paris) and a hot drink.
Close enough to the metro station, maybe a 5 minute walk, and right next door to a small supermarket which has a good selection.
The hostel was good enough for the job, but staying elsewhere in the same trip, I feel biased towards the alternative.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 9 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the prime location of the Hostel and the quality of the breakfast.
Regarding the size of the room and the bathroom, it is because we are located in a typical Parisian style building which are very small and narrow. Also we pride ourselves with the efficiency of our staff, especially the cleaning crew that makes sure that the facility is always clean. We are sorry for this particular incident.
We hope to have the opportunity to show you how good le Vintage Hostel truly is.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here Feb '11. Great location with the Anvers Metro being a short stroll away. No complaints. Food was pretty good for breakfast and rooms were comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank zzelah
Management response:Responded 9 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at le Vintage Hostel.
We hope to see you soon in Paris.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hostel located in between Anvers and Gare du Nord station, Strategy location. Near the Sacre coeur. The hostel provide free breakfast (pastry and hot drink). Kitchen is available if you need to cook. The staff are nice and friendly. Importantly, they speak English. I stayed in a 3 beds room, with toilet. overall is ok for me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I recently stayed here for 1 night with my sister and grandmother for a quick trip to Paris. NEVER AGAIN!!!

First of all the receptionist that was on when we checked in was so rude, all she cared about was taking our payment! We know you want our money, but trust me if we had seen the room ahead of time we would not have given any kind of payment and would have gone else where.

Second of all, the room was COVERED IN MOLD and MILDEW!!! It was absolutely disgusting! When I say covered, it was all over the bathroom ceiling, walls.. the room walls and ceiling as well as the carpet! I was so uncomfortable sleeping in there that I moved the bed away from the wall and sat in the middle of the bed all night without sleep. I also refused to shower the following morning because it was just nasty. The only reason I didnt leave was because my grandmother told me to suck it up.

Third, it would have been nice to know that there were going to be workers right outside your room window when you woke up! It wasn't a pleasant surprise to open the curtains and to your surprise there are 3 men standing there.

The ONLY good thing about our stay with the nice man that was at reception when we left.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Kaylee1987
Amiel C, Guest relation assistant at Vintage Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Kaylee1987,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review on TripAdvisor, it is thanks to feedback like yours that we can improve our service. We apologize for the bad experience you had at Vintage Hostel. We tried contacting you to get more details and make the necessary changes, but we didn't hear anything back from you.
So I just want to update about the recent changes that we made based on your feedback.
First, we thoroughly train our staff to give our customers the most enjoyable and friendly stay at Vintage Hostel. A staff meeting was held and let me assure you that we are going to do our best to always welcome you in the most friendly way and be attentive to all our customer.
Regarding the mold, it is an unacceptable situation, and I can tell you now that the matter has been taking care of by our maintenance crew.
I hope that we will see you soon in Paris and you will give us another chance to show you how good and friendly Vintage Hostel truly is.
Please feel free to contact me directly at amiel@hiphophostels.com.

Best regards,

Amiel

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I had to be at CDG airport really early so I needed somewhere, cheap and close to Paris Nord Train Station... this place was perfect!

It was about €25 for the night and included breakfast and a late checkout of 11am. The only issue I had was that towels weren't provided and I didn't bring one. Yes the paint was a little flakey, and there was no towels or wi-fi in the room, but it was perfect for what I needed and cheap! Plus, its easy to meet people as my room was a 3-person dorm with a private bathroom for the room.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MFC31
Vintage_Manager, Directeur général at Vintage Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Hello,

We are glad to hear that your stay with us went well.
Your encouragement will be sent to all teams and be assured that the Vintage Hostel is now your home in Paris!

We hope to have soon the pleasure to welcome you again!

Yan GIlly
Director

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Hi There,I was staying at this hostel 9-11 October 2013. I would like say that the location of this hostel was extremely excellent, pretty close to Gare du Nord, the train terminal to every part of Paris. Furthermore, it was also really close to Sacre-Coeu, just right behind walkable about 10 minutes. The condition of the room was fairly clean and comfortable. However, the size of the elevator was quite small, not convenient for a traveler with plenty of stuff to carry in and up their luggage. The worst part of this hostel was a man staff (can't really remember his name and don't wish to remember) who was really unhelpful, obnoxious, rude and really disgusting. He treated the customer like me such a prisoner. I will never forget it until the end of my life.Whenever I tried to ask or approach him, he would show a very unpleasant attitude and language. This was really spoiled my stay at this hostel. I hoped that he should take some action to change his attitude. Overall, it is still OK.

Room Tip: Try the best to get the room at lower floor since the elevator was quite tiny.