Not only did we ask about the area when we checked in (it looked as dubious as the Gare du Nord) and were told it was perfectly safe, but was mugged at 6pm not 200 hundred metres from the door, went to the reception and was not believed!
Was then told that despite leaving early (paid for three days, stayed one) would need to pay Euro9.50 for the cup of disgusting coffee (which was supposed to be a part of an inclusive continental breakfast!) before I could check out.
After staying 4 days near the Champs Elysee in a hotel that was cheaper, nicer and in a much safer neighbourhood with pleasant staff, I don't know why I moved to this hotel.
My advise, do not stay here. Especially if you are a woman or aren't keen on fighting the gangs who roam about outside.
Shocking behaviour from the reception staff who also refused to call a taxi when I wanted to leave and not walk outside (after being mugged the night before!).
What an awful way to leave Paris - a place I had wanted to visit for many years and what a horrible experience with the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the heart of Paris, for business or for leisure, a stone's throw from the République square, the Opéra, the major boulevards and shops and only a few minutes from Sacré-Cœur, Montmartre Moulin Rouge, and the Folies Bergères.A 20min walk to Pompidou and Louvre Museums, and cathedral Notre-Dame.A direct metro line(9) to Eiffel Tower and Champs Elysees (15min). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Garden Opera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abotel Garden Opera Paris
- Abotel Garden Opera Hotel Paris