We were only staying one night in Paris, and decided a basic hotel would meet our needs. The price we paid was correct for this range, but I am up-rating it due to fantastic customer service.
We arrived earlier than the check-in time, looking to drop our bags off with the front-desk so we could go meet our friends. Instead, we were pleasantly surprised when the staff member handed us our key card and gave us directions to the room. On our way, we saw the housekeeping staff still going about their clean-up in the other rooms; that's how early we arrived. This gave us a chance not only to drop our belongings off, but to also quickly freshen up before heading out again.
The room is very much ibis-style. We did have two pillows per person, which was unexpected. The place was very clean, and everything was in working order. Nothing broken, nothing looking like it's going to break, although the phone looked a little bit old (we didn't use it anyway).
There was free WiFi with strong signal, and ran at a good speed.
We didn't take the breakfast since bakeries are everywhere in Paris, but at 2 euros for a cup of coffee, it was about the same price as what one would pay elsewhere, and we got to take it back to our room. The bar area was quite chic, and later that evening when we came back to claim our bags, I ordered a wine to kill some time before catching the train, and it wasn't half bad.
Check-out was as pleasant as check-in. The whole transaction took less than a minute and the staff member was very agreeable. They had no issues leaving our bags with them for the day.
Only one small point to note for this hotel - the distance to the closest Metro we found (Louis Blanc) was about a 5-minute walk away. It may not sound far but having stayed in several other ibis hotels before, this is farther than the usual distance I've experienced in Paris. It's something to consider if travelers fatigue easily or have mobility issues. Otherwise, the location is very peaceful, quiet and feels safe.
It's a definitely recommendable hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Paris Jemmapes 10eme hotel is located in downtown Paris, a short stroll from the Canal Saint Martin, the Buttes Chaumont and the Parc de La Villette (la Cite des Sciences). The railway station is 500 m away. The hotel has 49 air-conditioned rooms with Wifi Internet access (2 are adapted for disabled persons) and a meeting room. A bar with snacks 24/24 is at your disposal. A restaurant and public covered pay parking are near the hotel. Pets accepted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Paris Canal Saint Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Paris Jemmapes 10eme Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris Jemmapes 10eme