“Disappointed, would never go again”

Ibis Styles Paris Republique
Ranked #1,155 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed in this ibis hotel for 4 nights (in the middle of May) .

The location was good (near the metro) , but there was very noise (the youth were yelling on the street even if it was 3:00am and I lived in 2nd floor, I really cannot sleep well.

For the service, it was really disappointed. I lived in a small room with my fds (3 in total) and there was only 1 bottle of water provided per day and no water-boiler in our room too. We have to get some drinking water in the ground floor (there was a water-boiler near the reception), it was very inconvenient. Normally, I fill the drinking water into my water bottle because the weather was too dry and I needed water during mid-night. However, when I did it in the 3rd night, the receptionist was yelling to me and said it was not allowed. His attitude was extremely bad & he was shouting at me with pointing his finger to me. I thought it was very very rude! I didn't know why the service can be like that, he made me feel like a "thief", but actually, I got the drinking water every night when I was back ibis, it was accepted and no one warning me that it was not allowed to do so. Besides, even if it was not allowed to get the drinking water, I thought that the staff can stop me in a better way or with a better attitude.

Moreover, it is shocked that there was no air-conditioner service...you know it is hot in May...the room was small & hot and mosquitoes were flying....never had a "goodnight" in ibis.

I was very upset & disappointed about the service it provided & I decided never come back again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cookieskeita
London
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Hotel was in a good location, very convenient to the Gare Du Nord & local amenities.

The rooms were a decent size for Paris & clean / comfortable.

Breakfast was basic but sufficient but the ladies in the breakfast room were lovely, as were the maids.

Reception staff were not always friendly & helpful however...& the French way of doing things was not appreiated/understood by my American relatives!!:)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LondonDebbieN
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this property for two nights in April and found it to be great value for money, based on the clean, comfortable room and fabulous location. Perfect for links to Gare du Nord, as the Republique metro stop is on the same line, M5. Literally hundreds of cafes and restaurants within a 5-minute walk. The reception staff were friendly and helpful, and although breakfast was simple and basic, I didn't realize it was included in the room rate until I actually checked in, so I saw it as an added bonus! I liked the complimentary bottle of Evian water in the room. This propery has a 'boutique' feel, that is missing in many Ibis hotels... Which can at times border on being sterile and bland. My cute single room wasn't the smallest I've seen in Paris and even had a large window that opened to a street-facing view. Clean, simple and pretty much perfect. Nothing fancy but if you are looking for a great value, its a solid choice.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kansasforever
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed at the Ibis Styles Republique in Paris for four days during mid April and would not recommend staying there largely because of the rooms.

There are good points, for instance its location within a 100m of the Place de la Republique and itsvery well connected Metro. As others have said in their reviews the bed is very comfortable, the rooms are clean and breakfast is good.

Now to the bad points. No wardrobe in our room, just some hooks with a couple of small shelves above, no shelf in the bathroom, no tea/coffee making facilities in the room (these are available in the lobby in what the hotel laughably describes as a bar). Our room was on the top floor where the slope of the roof made it difficult to move around in the room. I am 5ft 2in and to get from one side of the room to the other I had to bend double; my husband who is 6ft 2in had to be restricted to one half of the room, fortunately on the same side as the door.

Cleaning became a problem for us. We are both in our third age and our routine especially during city breaks is to get out and about in the morning, return to the hotel after lunch for a rest and then out again for the evening. Unfortunately cleaning seem to stat early afternoon and we found ourselves being disturbed soon after arriving back from our early outing.

Finally the lighting. There are two bedside light. These are bizarrely attached by handles that allow to be them to be flexibly places by hanging them fro the bed head. If you look at some of the pictures published by others you will see what I mean.

Room Tip: Not on the top floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here here late March 2014. Room was comfortable and staff friendly and helpful..Guy on the front desk was particularly welcoming and friendly..No English speaking tv channels though in the rooms

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple