“Well-Maintained, Advantageously Located, Spacious & Clean”

Mercure Paris Vaugirard Porte de Versailles Hotel
Ranked #477 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed 3 times in this hotel in three different rooms and each time was impressed with the amenities and impeccable cleanliness. The rooms themselves are spacious with decent view and are nearly perfect. The service at the reception was very helpful and friendly. The location although not central is great too - 1 minute walk from Porte de Versailles metro station. Plus, you can easily access the most touristic spots by foot simply walking Rue de Vaugirard or Rue de la Croix Nivert, which is a nice walk anyway, since the 15th arrondissement is quite lovely. There are also several brasseries very close to the hotel, which are open till late evening. Beware though that this hotel is using an outdated payment system, when they preauthorize the amount of your stay on your credit card and then are not able to use this preauthorization for payment or release it, so the amount remains blocked on your card for weeks. Last time I encountered something like this happened 7 years ago, not even mentioning that this is the only Mercure I have stayed, which actually preauthorized any amount on my card. To do justice to the hotel I must say that upon my special request they did not preauthorize any amount for my third stay.

Room Tip: Room in the mezzanine seemed more cozy and quiet to me and had a nicer view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
LASTAPIS, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Vaugirard Porte de Versailles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I'm very glad you enjoyed our rooms and their equipments.

I'm sorry for the inconvenient with your credit card, unfortunatly it arrived sometime with few banks and we can't take any action to cancel the amount reserved by the bank.

Hoping to welcome you back for your next visit in Paris, I wish you a very pleasant journey.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We visited Paris after a trip to Disney to let the kids see the sights and meet a friend who lives in the city. The Mercure appeared to be good value by Paris standards and looked to be reasonably close to the centre.

Located near the periphery, with a Metro stop 25 steps from the front door we found access to transport very easy, but be warned, this is convenient access but now quick. We made 3 changes from CDG and 2 were required to get to the Eiffel Tower, approximately 20 min on the Metro.

initial impressions were very positive, the reception was immaculate, well appointed and we were greeted professionally and warmly by Fillipe. We had called the hotel earlier to confirm the metro location and it was again Fillipe who assisted us. Superb service on both encounters.

The room allocated was on the second floor and was far better than we had expected from a few mediocre reviews. A large window allowed for plenty of natural light, the large bed was comfortable and the room well appointed with flat screen tv, mini bar, free wifi and air con. The bathroom was large, features a walk in shower and both room and bathroom were spotless.

Having spent the day in Disney we arrived at 6.30pm with tired kids who needed fed. One of the reasons for booking was the ease of 24hr room service, which we opted to use upon arrival. Th menu was not exciting but the kids asked for a Pasta and tomato sauce dish with vegetables. We went to reception to borrow a plug converter (more in minute) and ordered food at the same time.

The receptionist called for another member of staff to take our order and on arrival we asked for 2 of the pasta dishes. We were informed that the hotel had no vegetables or tomato sauce, but he could prepare a bowl of dry pasta! Initially I thought this was an attempt at a joke, but alas not. I then enquired what else could be prepared and was told, "Nothing, we have nothing." In a final effort I asked if the hotel had food for breakfast, "of course" we were told. I asked then if a sandwich could be prepared and was again told no. At £175 per night I do not consider this level of service acceptable.

The converter requested was a simple UK to EU adapter, something the in room material states as being available from reception, and I would imagine not an uncommon request in a business focussed hotel. We were told that reception did not posses such an item.

By this time I was thoroughly unimpressed by the lack of service and already planning to speak to the manager prior to departure. The reason for the generally positive review is a redeeming customer service moment when the reception PC failed and we were unable to print boarding cards.

The receptionist obviously realised that my patience was nearing expiration and offered the use of the office PC. A small gesture but the thought of facing an additional 2 hours check in time at CDG was not doing it for me and he did resolve the issue.

Forgetting service the Mercure is an excellent hotel; clean, well appointed and reasonably priced (by paris standards). The attitude of the room service/kitchen employee and initial lack of customer care generally nearly resulted in a "Poor" review, only to be redeemed in the final hours of our stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank markcjd
LASTAPIS, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Vaugirard Porte de Versailles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm very glad you appreciated our accomodations and the facilities of transportation.

I'm sorry that the service did not meet your expectations for your room service, and I beg you to accept my sincerest apologies.

Be assured that the necessary corrective measures have already been taken to ensure that the quality level meets your expectations and earns your trust when you next stay with us.

Your sincerely

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed there with my 3 friends in Jan 2014 and it was a delightful experience. We stayed in the suite and it was v clean, spacious and full of amenities.
The hotel is just in front of the station, which is perfect!

Thanks :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SaraHany

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your views on your stay in our hotel.

My team and I are very grateful for your remarks. They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in Mercure Paris Vaugirard

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is very good value for your money, it is much cheaper then hotels in Paris Center. The Metro and Tram stations are few steps from the hotel, so you will be connected to the rest of the city easily. The rooms are very nicely decorated and they reminds you that you are in Paris actually :) I will return in this hotel every time I go in Paris for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aurora_Boreallis
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Mercure Porte de Versaille is an excellent choice for us. The room rates are very decent. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. Every summer we go back, and we are never disappointed. The most convenient fact is that the metro is 12 feet from the hotel's main entrance. And it is on the metro line 12, which gets you to the centre of Paris in 15 minutes. Breakfast is not included but the kids eat for free, which makes it a very good deal for us. I highly recommend it if you're not looking for a fancy and luxurious hotel, but rather for a clean, convenient and confortable one.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TaniaSh1971
LASTAPIS, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Vaugirard Porte de Versailles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Tania,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you shortly with us.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

If you want to be in the heart of Paris then this hotel may not be for you. Not much to do in this quieter section of the city but a short 15 minute walk to the Metro will get you to where you want to go. We were able to take the metro in and out of the city. Excellent breakfast buffet, free wifi and a friendly staff made the stay a good one. Comfortable beds and rooms and baths that were clean and well maintained. We would like to stay closer to some of the sites in the future. Taxi rides to and from sites ran around 20 euro depending on where you wanted to go and the amount of traffic.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
LASTAPIS, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Vaugirard Porte de Versailles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback.
I noted your remark concerning our localisation and I'm surprised you mentionned the metro station is 15 min walking distance from our hotel because there is one just in front of our hotel.

Don't hesitate to ask at the réception for your next visit.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I drove to Paris from the UK after a long drive all you want to do is put your feet up and relax.
When we arrived at the Hotel the parking was a very unique experience which I enjoyed.
We were greeted very well at reception, however as we got there at 12.00 our room was not ready I was informed that I will have to wait till 14.00 which I agreed as the reception sofas were very comfortable. We did not have to wait till 14.00 after waiting for about 10min we were informed that our room was ready.
Our room was cleaned daily there was nothing we complained about and believe you me I am a very fussy person.
I didn't have breakfast at this hotel as I thought it was to expensive, however there is plenty of chose around the hotel.
The metro and tram station is literally 20 second walk which is a major tick in the box as it made travelling very convenient.

Overall I had a very comfortable and pleasant stay and would highly recommend this Hotel.

Samir

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Samir,

Many thanks for your comment concerning your stay with us. I'm very glad you enjoyed it.

I note your remark concerning the price of our buffet breakfast and just want to inform you we have also an offer "Express and Co" served at the bar for 8 €.

Hoping to see you again very soon with us,

Loic LASTAPIS

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Hotel Oceania Paris Porte de Versailles
Novotel Suites Paris Expo Porte de Versailles
Hotel Eiffel Blomet
Hotel Eiffel Blomet
#61 of 1,809 in Paris

Been to Mercure Paris Vaugirard Porte de Versailles Hotel? Share your experiences!