This was my first stay at this mercure, having stayed at one of their sister hotels in paris several times, and i have to say i'm really disappointed.
This one is a lot lot bigger, but i don't think that's an excuse for the 24 hairs (oh yes) i found in the bathroom of the first room i checked into - really grim. I then discovered hairs on the bed, and a bit of tissue by the phone, crumbs on the carpet, along with a used staple, and some thick red thread, and this was before i'd even been in the room a minute or two, and i realised the fridge didn't work when i took out some of the complimentary water. Oh and the toilet wasn't spotless either. So I asked to move rooms.
Unfortunately the replacement room had hairs in the bathroom too. But i just washed them away, as there were less than ten. Still gross and not exactly acceptable.
Before you think i'm some kind of hair ocd person, i can honestly say that i have never asked to move rooms, ever in my life before, and i have done quite a lot of travelling for work and pleasure, having stayed in over twenty hotels in the last 12 months (and some of them regularly) alone.
The decor's lovely, Just not a patch on the other mercure.
The toilet was separate to the sink/bath/shower which is common in paris, but a first for the ten or so hotels i've stayed in in the city. Pillows were in short supply and everything is just generally better at the sister mercure.
I think the location is pretty special though, but i didn't have an eiffel tower view, so that couldn't improve my opinion of the hotel.
The finger marks/handprints on the head board and dried liquid marks on the bathroom walls, and nail varnish smears in the shower of the second room and bath of the first also rather put me off. As did the laminated paper directions and room numbers on the floor/doors of the first room - just doesn't feel like a €150-200/night hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps from the Eiffel Tower and the Trocadero, the Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel is a 4 star hotel to discover, in the center of Paris. Completely renovated, the hotel offers contemporary and functional rooms with free WIFI. For a business trip, family or a romantic weekend in Paris, the hotel offers standard rooms, Privileges rooms and Junior Suites some with views of the Eiffel Tower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Southall Travel, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Paris Suffren Tour Eiffel Hotel Paris
- Mercure Tour Eiffel Suffren