“Great location”

Ranked #779 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed here for 1 week in April 2012. Great location as it is in between 2 Metro stations (it's nearer to Vaugirard Station). There's a Carrefour nearby (if you need to buy snacks/groceries) and lots of cafes and restaurants in the area. The staff are helpful and all of them speak English. The hotel provides free internet (both cable and wifi). The room had a comfortable sofa bed (there were 3 of us in 1 room). We also find the Xbox Kinect room (in the lobby) very entertaining. We were all very happy and will definitely consider Novotel again in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
New Canaan, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel one night as part of a company meeting, so had no other choice. I would not voluntarily stay here again. The rooms are really shabby, with chipped paint, stained carpets, and threadbare linen. The bed had what felt like a foam mattress and two tiny pillows. I had a fright when I went into the bathroom as there was no toilet. What I originally mistook for a cupboard door turned out to be the door to a small toilet cubicle. Very odd. The breakfast was fine, with a nice comprehensive selection of food. Staff at the reception desk were not friendly. In my experience, there are much better choices in Paris.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
HIBA F, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Vaugirard Montparnasse, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for your comment, which I have shared with my team. I am sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. As the comfort of our rooms is a priority for us, I can assure you that the necessary measures will be taken regarding their cleanliness. The layout of the bathroom and toilet cubicle follows the Novotel standards, as do the mattress and pillow size.
I understand that the expected quality standards were not met during your stay, and I hope to welcome you again in our hotel, in order to offer you a more satisfying experience.

Kind regards.
Mahone Bay
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This, like all Novotel hotels, is a very friendly, clean hotel. Some of the rooms are small as it is downtown Paris but they do have a few larger rooms. It is convenient as it is close to all subway (metro) stops to take you to Notre Dame, etc... They have internet as well. I highly recommend it. All of the staff speaks english.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 20 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend and we really enjoyed the hotel. The staff are lovely and speak very good English. The room was spotless with a great shower and great bed. During the Summer time there is a bar opened on the top floor and balcony overlooking Paris. It was closed in March but we still went up for some Kodak moments with the Eiffel tower in the backround. The breakfast buffet a little steep at 15e per person but had a great selection of food. Some peolpe may feel the hotel is a bit far from the tourist sites but the train station is a minute's walk down the road. The area itself is lovely and there are some great restaurants in the away packed with Pariseans so you get the ultimate French experience. We were recommended by the hotel to go to Restaurant Le Cap, a 5min walk from the hotel and I have to say it made our weekend in Paris. Small, authentic French restaurant with amazing food and wonderful staff!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed at Novotel, Vaugirard, centrally located closer to Eifel Tower. The service was good and stay was comfortable.The balcony view was great and availablity of internet in lobby is well thought and is a great help.

Room Tip: One facing back side...view is great
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank VK009
Ruston
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I just returned from a school trip to Paris France where I was in a group of 22, not only did they acommodate such a large group they spoke very good English which was extremely important to me. I wanted to brag on their customer service, I was needing help with a task to have a gift waiting for my daughter in her room, Raphaelle, one of the sweet girls working the front desk handled every detail of my surprise for my daughter she had a box of chocolates and a single red rose waiting in the room for her this was extremely helpful because I was not familiar with the area . My daughter was thrilled and it will be a lovely memory for her thanks to the kindness of Raphaelle.!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comment. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. It is a pleasure for us to have helped you out with that surprise. We will let Raphaëlle know that your appreciated her gesture.
We hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

Best regards.