“Be careful!”

Ranked #952 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Be careful!”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Be careful when you reserve room in hotels Adagio if you don't want to be unpleasantly surprized.
I booked the room in Adagio Acces Reully (appr 3.5 km to the center) in August 2013 for begining of January 2014 through site booking.com. But December 19 2013 Adagio send me email that they refuse provide me the room in bookd hotel and suggest the room in their hotel outside the Paris (appr.8 km to the center)! Inspite the fact that their official site propose the available rooms in the hotels inside Paris and the fact that according to the terms booking.com they should propose me the nearest hotel. After my refuse to accept the suggested hotel, they proposed me another one which is more remote than previous and write that if I dont like I can delete my reservation by myself. Appeal to booking com results nothing, because hotel does not recpond them. I will place the revew of my exprience in every hotel of this chain because i believe that such attitude to clients is their management.

Room Tip: If you want to be sure, choose another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Elena S
Antoine P, Directeur général at Adagio Paris Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comment, which has been carefully noted.
We would like to apologise for the inconvenience you had with Adagio.
We attach a great deal of importance to our customer’s experiences, with a view to enhancing our quality standards and customer satisfaction levels. Your comment has therefore been passed on to the Adagios in question, who will make every effort to ensure that this problem does not recur.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you at our Adagio Paris Tour Eiffel.

Best regards,
Antoine Pressiat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Adago Tour Eiffel is one of the best and clean apartment-Hotels in Paris with a 10 min walking distance from Evil Tower.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the apartment-hotel, there are no free houskeeping except if u are staying for 7 days (once a week service). However, changing pillows, if requested, are for free.

No restaurants are available inside the facility. As an alternative, there are a good number of restaurants and a big supermarket 2 blocks away from the hotel.

Parties may find difficulties carrying their luggages with the non-existance of butlers or room services.

Corridors are very small, Room size is fair compared to the rest of hotels with the same price, bathrooms are clean, over all, I recommend Adagio for couples whom are spending most of their time outside.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank F K
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Towels were dry and scratchy and smelled sour, like mayonnaise! The bed was uncomfortable and dusty! For a few days, one of the lifts stank terribly. Some of the staff at reception were too curt and one young man at reception (dark-skinned, tall, can speak Arabic) was rude to me and treated me like an idiot and was very condescending, "This is not the first time we have received packages at reception". And he held up his hand at me before that to shut me up when he was tending to another customer. One lady at reception said to me coldly, "I don't know all the roads in Paris." Really, Adagio? This is how you treat your customers? Bear in mind that it is my first ever experience in France. I pay good money only to be treated rudely by a few of your staff.

Not all the staff were rude though. Some of the reception were polite (the duty manager, and the young lady of African descent who tended to me when I checked in). The breakfast lady was fantastic, possibly the best of the entire Adagio staff, and the cleaners and security guards were polite.

The business centre is a joke. There was only one working computer and the keyboard letters do not match what you type out.

Coming back to the inefficient and rude staff at reception, I kept asking for days for my documents to be printed, but they kept replying they never received it. Only after constant pressing did I get a bit of service, albeit a reluctant kind. Again it was the duty manager who was the most helpful at this. And it turned out they did receive my emails from previous days because they managed to print them out! Also, at times I had to stand in front of reception and wait for the staff to come out of their rooms. Such reluctant service. So unprofessional.

The location is fine. But because of the rude, unprofessional, condescending treatment I received from some of the staff at the reception (especially that man), I am reluctant to return and I would not recommend it to my friends as I would tell them the absolute truth as I have stated here.

Room Tip: Talk to staff who would not be rude to you.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hafizah M
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
I am sorry to learn that the service provided by my staff was not up to standard.
We would like to assure you that the necessary measures have been taken with the our front desk officer in order to improve the quality of the service provided by all members of staff.

Concerning the business center: I talked to the technical team and they checked on the computers performance. Please note that the keyboard layout is French and the buttons may be changed via the settings.

I do hope that we shall have the opportunity to see you again, so that we can offer you a better experience next time.

Antoine PRESSIAT
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Good location and is walking distance to Eiffel tower. We had a 1 bedroom appartment and while it had a kitchenette there was no toaster and the layout was not the most effective use of the space. We were there in late November so it was cold but the air con was blowing 17degree cold air and it took 2 hours before they agreed to move us. That was only after they told us there were no other rooms and I then demanded a full refund unless they could provide a warm room. Amazingly another room became available. Once moved all was good. Only other catch was they do provide free internet but you need to have a data cable to connect to your computer so no WiFi - bit hard to believe in this day and age.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Eiffel tower.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Melanie A
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

It was a very roomy. It had 5 rooms. A hallway, bedroom,Living room with sofa bed and kitchen,Toilet and bathroom.Brreakfast had to be made manually.My parents bought the ingredients at a nearby carrefour.Awesome view and just a not so long walk to Charles michels train station and some restaurants.No wifi though so I had to go to the nearby Starbucks with my parents. Stayed for 6 days so far 1 more day and as checkout and go back to KL(Kuala Lumpur) Kinda clean too.Had a lot of tv channels! For than one hundred!I mostly watched NHK world and CNN(Apparently the day b4 Mandela died I was in London in Madame Taussauds. It's a wax museum and I took a picture with the wax Mandela. the next day when I came to Paris and turned on CNN I found out Mandela just died and I was like OMG) Epic view of ze Eiffel tower

Room Tip: I choose the one on floor 28 there is 31 floors. I recommend you choose the ones on high floors as t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Customer,
Many thanks for taking the time to write your comment, and we were pleased to hear that you appreciated the aparthotel concept.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Adagio Paris Tour Eiffel.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed in this apartment hotel for a week during my visit in Paris. The location of this hotel is superb as it is close to Eiffel tower and can be reached by nearby 2 metro stations. I stayed in the 2-person studio and studio is clean and spacious (at least to me). The hotel staff is very helpful and nice. Just two things I want to mention: 1.if you go back to hotel from Eiffel tower direction, the street will be quite quiet at night. 2. internet login won't work on mobile (I brought an wifi travel router) and be prepared to download a desktop browser to you mobile if you want to connect the phone with internet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Antoine PRESSIAT
Reviewed 4 December 2013

It was nice and close to store and the train station.
Cons
little bit noisy , close to bars.
Great for young people, ok for a family, wifi didn't work like the promise , you have to be down stair to get some signal, little bit expensive for what you are getting.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Jgeorgi68