“nice hotel with some handy rooms”

Adagio Paris Tour Eiffel
Ranked #1,043 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I spent 4 days here in a studio apartment, not bad we lacked for nothing really apart from wi-fi which for us is a key thing we booked expecting it in our room, nothing we read indicated otherwise only to find it was 19 floors below in a common room, you can get cable internet in you rooms which is fine if you have a laptop, this may be a small gripe to some but for us it was critical in our choice of this hotel, other than that it wasn't the best room we stayed in, we had some fantastic 2 star hotels around regional france but it was good, the pool was good, the gym was poor the laundromat was good, and the business centre provided us with issues as well, 5 stars to the staff who where all excellent

Room Tip: There is a big white tower next door which blocks some rooms view of the Eifel tower, be careful whe...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Adagio Paris Tour Eiffel

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was traveling to Paris with family and being vegetarian needed an apartment with a kitchen. Secondly wanted a hotel nearby to the Eiffel Tower. After much searching could locate this hotel. Had many doubts on the room as had booked through information on net. When we entered the room it was really better than my expectation along with very equipped kitchen with all utensils. This made things easy for my family. Also the location was perfect as the Eiffel Tower was at walking distance and even the Hop on Hop off Bus tour point. There are good restaurants nearby and even the grocery shops. Overall its value for money deal. Yes but its not for those used to star hotel services.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nilesh P
Reviewed 22 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I've seen the Eiffel tower by night with its blinking lights perfectly inside the adagio suite. Waking up seeing the tower as you open your eyes is such an experience. We will definitely have a encore with this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2014

we decided to stay in Paris over the Easter holidays and since we wanted to have a central holiday with a reasonable room rate and a pool, we decided that we would go to the Adagio. And what a great decision it was. The best of course about the hotel is the view, this is simply amazing. We did ask for a room with a view of the Tower and we got one that almost kept us from leaving the room. The tower was beautiful visible in its entirety and we just could not tire of the view, be it in the morning during sunrise or at night with the sparkling every full hour. Both rooms had an amazing view and we always slept with the curtains open, just to savor this amazing spectacle.
The room itself was also quite spacey and we really enjoyed not having to cramp everything into one corner. Some more coathangers would have been nice, but apart from that nothing to complain about, apart from one thing: One cannot open a window. This is especially bad since we had a kitchen in our room, but did not want to spend the night in kitchen smells, and due to the lack of openable windows we decided against cooking. Another thing to note: We stayed there for 5 nights and the hotel has the rule that if you stay between 3 and 6 nights there is no room cleaning - bit weird that is.
As already mentioned, we also selected on the hotel because of the pool; that was a bit small and completely underground, but since we were the only ones in there it was not a major issue.
The location of the hotel is o.k, about ten minutes to the Bir Hakeim station and 15 minutes to the tower. Just around the corner is a huge Monoprix so that all the stuff you need for food and so one is taken care of.
Oh, and lets not forget the staff: Always friendly, always helpful and always multilingual.
Highly recommended for a family excursion to Paris

Room Tip: Go for a room with a view of the tower, it is definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank StefanonHolidays
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed a couple of nights as I needed to get out to our office in the suburbs for 1 day and closer to the hotel the next. For this location wise the hotel was perfect. I had a studio with pull out bed and that seemed to work ok but as I was working I was less keen on having to make the bed up and wash up etc. Check in was fine and quick. Everything was ok but I'd not stay here again if I needed to on business but ok for a leisure trip

No wifi in rooms which I find a bit odd in 2014

Room Tip: Ask for a nice view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Antoine P, Directeur général at Adagio Paris Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Customer,
The entire Adagio staff team would like to join me in thanking you for your complimentary remarks on our aparthotel.
In fact most Adagio aparthotels are located in city centres or close to centres of interest.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again at one of our Adagio aparthotels in Europe.
Looking forward to seeing you,
Antoine Pressiat

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Trundling a suitcase along the Rue de Theatre in search of this hotel, I joked to my family that the Adagio was probably the tower block in the distance.

As we drew nearer, I realised that it actually was - and my heart sank.

What had I got my family into?

Memories flashed through my mind of a budget hotel I'd booked in London that turned out to be so appalling in every single respect that I immortalised it under the review headline "You've heard of The Ritz… well, this is The Pitz" and added that I'd left instructions with my wife that if I were to die during the night I wanted my corpse to be cartered round the corner as my last wish was to not even be seen dead in it.

Never having lived or stayed in a tower block before, I wasn't expecting much from the Adagio, either.

There hadn't been much emphasis on the booking website about the Adagio being a tower block, and I'd booked it in a hurry because the price was reasonable and it happened to be the nearest hotel to the Eiffel Tower that I could afford.

Which made the surprise even better.

After whizzing up 28 floors in the lift like a scene from Mary, Mungo And Midge, we entered our apartment and were stunned by the view of the Eiffel Tower from all of our windows.

I've seen alleged "Eifel Tower views" from hotels before, and some of them were underwhelming indeed, either showing just the top few metres of it over some distant rooftops or requiring the hotel guest to stand on tip-toe, crane his neck, and squint to appreciate the supposed splendour of the view.

But the Adagio was something else.

If it had been any nearer to the Eiffel Tower, the City of Paris would have objected to it on planning grounds, and we could see the Tower in almost its entirety, with just the very lowest part of its legs obscured by another building.

Gustave would have approved. And we certainly did. Perhaps some people come to take the Eiffel Tower for granted, but we were mesmerised by it - peeping at it over our pains aux raisins, oohing and aahing when the floodlighting came on at night, then sitting, transfixed, when the sparkly lights came on for five minutes every hour.

Watching the sun rise and the Tower being obscured from time to time by the early morning mist was a treat, while the view over Paris at night was so spectacular that we cancelled our trip to the Sacre Coeur because, beautiful as it is, the view of the lights of Paris from the Adago is immeasurably better.

Everyone at the hotel was friendly and polite, from the staff on Reception to our fellow guests, who invariably spoke and acknowledged us in the lifts, unlike in England where most will do anything to avoid catching the eye or the attention of a fellow lift traveller.

The apartment was absolutely spotless when we arrived, as were the public areas, and, despite being the author of a book about complaining (Google it) I couldn't fault the hotel in any respect - other than that the free wi-fi in the lobby was poor, which the staff assured me would be solved soon when free wi-fi will be available throughout the hotel, including in the rooms.

Having stayed at The Ritz in Paris (currently being refurbished) and The Ritz in London, many times, I tend to have high expectations of hotels.

And for the type of hotel it is, the Adagio exceeded my expectations in every respect. My family and I wouldn't dream of staying at any other hotel in Paris from now on (The Ritz apart) and hope to return regularly… hopefully after the wi-fi's sorted!

The Adagio and its staff are an utter credit to Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower. The top floors obviously have the best views. Our ro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JonMcKnight

Dear MrMcKnight,

The entire Adagio staff would like to join me in thanking you for your very kind words about our aparthotel Adagio Paris Tour Eiffel.
We were very delighted to read about your extremely positive experience and that you appreciated staying with us so much.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at our Adagio Paris Tour Eiffel (with wifi in all our apartments from June on).

Again, thank you!