“Ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Booked hotel for 5 night package. Breakfast and boat trip on the Seine. Room advertised as spacious double bed, but I was issued with double room, two single beds, breakfast was minimal by 9.30am CET. Clean Hotel in general but a little cramped. in all a quiet place, little fuss though not as booked.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel's location is it's biggest selling point! The reception area is very modern, which lulls you into a false sense of security about the hotel. When I walk out of the lift, the first thing you see is the 80's carpets and decor in the hallway which instantly makes u think "where the hell are we?" But once u get to the room it's very basic and small - a bit like a travel doge in the uk. Now this probabaly makes me sound really negative about the hotel & I'm not, the beds were comfortable and the noise was at a minimum. So it was all we needed after walking / busing around paris for 13 hours! Staff were friendly enough even though, on checkout, the receptionist tried to charge me for 2 breakfasts we didn't even have.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dewimoon
Bentleigh, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here for five nights in July and had a lovely stay. The reception staff were friendly and helpful, even sent some postcards off for us. The breakfast buffet was the best of our four week stay in Europe and the beds were comfortable. We were warned that hotel rooms in Paris are small so were expecting the worst but the room size wasn't that small, room for a bed two bedside tables and a small desk. The bathroom was very small though but still manageable. The only thing we did not like about this hotel was the "air conditioning" a very small vent in the wall that didn't provide very much cooling at all. Be careful if you don't cope so well in the heat because our room ended up so hot on some nights that I ended up passing out from the heat. Would stay here again but not in the summer time only due to the air conditioning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JessnLuke
Slough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Two nights in this Ibis. I chose it for the location, as it's only 10-15 minute walk to Eiffel Tower, which I visited on Wednesday morning.

Rooms are on the small side but OK; there's free wifi (or paid for if you need high speed access). My room was away from the street overlooking a courtyard restaurant and other rooms and private residences. I was staying midweek and there was no late-night noise to disturb me.

The staff were really great, I can't fault any of them. From reception to the cleaners, they were all helpful. Fortunately a lot of them speak English, which is helpful as I'm still trying to get to grips with learning French!

My only dislike is that the bathroom is tiny, and I mean tiny. It's the only reason I won't give the review a higher rating.

I can't comment on the food at this Ibis as I chose to eat out during my stay.

Question I always ask in a review is would I stay here again? To that I reply, I probably would.

Note: Anyone visiting this hotel, the Metro station at Cambronne (Line 6) is currently closed. The nearest Metro station is just along the road at La Motte Picquet Grenelle. Line 6 is closed between Trocadero and Montparnasse until the end of August. There is a replacement bus between Cambronne and Trocadero, or if you go to La Motte Picquet Grenelle, you can catch trains on Metro lines 8 & 10.

Room Tip: Only 20 rooms have a view of the Eiffel Tower, so chances of getting one are slim and you would need...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
5 Thank Niall G
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Good first impression on arrival. The reception area looks modern, clean and tidy. A large party where checking-in in front of us but another staff member came over and served us quickly. The check-in process was very quick.

As other reviewers have stated, the rooms are small. Ours was on the 6th floor and we had a view of the Eiffel Tower which was a nice surprise. The bathroom was tiny: I am over six foot and had to sit on the toilet at an angle to stop my knees touching the wall, there were some dubious stains on the wall next to the toilet which was another incentive to point the knees away from the wall. Drying oneself after a shower was almost impossible whilst still in the bathroom, it was best just to go back into the room and have more space.

The air-con was poor; the thermostat having no effect on performance whether it was on 5 degrees or 30 degrees. There was no safe in the room and no drink making facilities. The bed was comfortable and an extra pillow was available if needed. The room was pretty clean but if you're fussy and looked hard enough you could see dust in the corners.

We found the staff friendly and helpful, breakfast was pretty good though would have loved some scrambled egg. There was a choice of croissants, choc-au-pain, bread, cheese, ham, crepes, yoghurts, cereals, cakes and a kind of savoury potato-based flan. Good choice of hot drinks and fruit juices. Despite being really busy there was always seating available.

There are a couple of vending machines near reception which sell snacks and soft drinks but we used them for buying bottled water. There is also a luggage storing facility.

The hotel is in a decent location, the Eiffel Tower is a 15-20 minute walk away. Sadly, the metro line that runs nearby was out of action during our 3 night stay so we did a lot of walking.
There were enough restaurants nearby for us.

If anybody's interested, a taxi from Gare Du Nord to the hotel cost us 23 euros. And the taxi back to the station cost, at first 15.80 euros but with a magic press of a button by the driver, a 5 euro supplement was added and we paid 20.80 euros. Not sure what the supplement was, there was only 2 of us with one suitcase.

To sum up, the hotel was ok, we've stayed with Ibis before which is why we went for this one, but the room was too small and the bathroom a bit of a joke.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple